Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Joker (2019) - Reviews

RAMROD

Featured Posts

Rudz Xinc
44 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

Too much laughing? That’s the Joker’s shtick...

Have you watched it? It's like never ending laugh, even some scenes dragged the laughing for minutes, which could be shortened.

Look at those clowns

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reality
1 hour ago, RudzXinc said:

Have you watched it? It's like never ending laugh, even some scenes dragged the laughing for minutes, which could be shortened.

No, I haven't seen it. 

Maybe my opinion on it will change when I do. It's just kind weird how that's a critque. Like saying "Batman's too dark" or something.

🃏🖤👹

Rudz Xinc
Just now, M Monstre said:

No, I haven't seen it. 

Maybe my opinion on it will change when I do. It's just kind weird how that's a critque. Like saying "Batman's too dark" or something.

You'll know what I mean when you see it.

Look at those clowns

RAMROD
5 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

No, I haven't seen it. 

Actually it is poignant. At least for me. It is like symbolic to how he lose a piece of himself each time he laughed.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Nightwing

I'm seeing it tomorrow after I get off! Some parts will probably trigger me, but it's nothing I can't handle.

How's the soundtrack for it? Was it very "Joker", or different?

CyanDante

Just came from the movie. 

Least to say, I am shook. :nooo: I was trying not to hype myself up and it paid off.

source.gif

I was feeling equal levels of ecstatic and disturbed at the same time. :giveup:

Evey scene when he literally walked or danced , after he donned that iconic suit, gave me goosebumps. :bradley:

I think Bradley's going to add another Oscar nomination atleast in his resume. :firega:

I'm not very good with Social Mediaᵀᴹ

Nightwing

Reading all of the reviews has me more hyped than ever! For how much I was reading about it, I'm surprised I managed to not get hit by any spoilers. :messga:

HausOfMark

Just got back and I loved it. It was VERY dark, very different type of orgin story but amazing.

-Mark

RAMROD
On 10/3/2019 at 4:50 AM, Nightwing said:

How's the soundtrack for it? Was it very "Joker", or different?

I am not sure what you mean with very Joker, but there are lots of oldies and very fitting for this period piece. By oldies, I really mean Frank Sinatra, Nat King Cole, Tony Bennett , Fred Astaire, and Cream old. So I suppose it is different? But it is so good! Ugh! :heart:

The scores are great too!

Nightwing
9 hours ago, RAMROD said:

I am not sure what you mean with very Joker, but there are lots of oldies and very fitting for this period piece. By oldies, I really mean Frank Sinatra, Nat King Cole, Tony Bennett , Fred Astaire, and Cream old. So I suppose it is different? But it is so good! Ugh! :heart:

The scores are great too!

I was just wondering what the tone of the music in the film would have been.

I watched it last night; didn't like it too much. I need to watch it again. It's true, it's a dark film. I don't feel like the story was that great, overall, though. And I didn't like the characterization of this character for it to be the Joker. Still, Joaquin Phoenix did incredibly well for what he was given. That said, I didn't like his voice. This just didn't come together all the way for me. It felt way too disjointed.

Joker isn't supposed to have a sense of morality.

Spoiler

The "real" Joker would have killed the midget, too.

... just because he could have. I didn't like his whole speech at the end, either; I don't see this Joker being a criminal mastermind being always ahead of the curve.

Ziggy
On 10/2/2019 at 9:25 AM, M Monstre said:

I know that this post isn't directed towards me in any means, but I have quite a lot of thoughts on this topic, so I thought I'd just quote you here :sweat:

EDIT - I realized how long this post was after I typed it up. Sorry in advance :giveup:

I haven't seen the movie, so I can't really speak on that in too much detail. However, I think that the critcism towards this movie, while I think valid in some points, is also just a bunch of BS. I think it's a lot of people trying to attack this movie without giving it the proper thought and effort.

Here's the thing. No one is going to condone what the Joker does. Without having seen the movie, again, I can't name specifics, but with as dark and disturbing as I've heard it is, I'm going to imagine that he's going to do some awful things. That said, no one is condoing those kinds of actions.

What this movie is about is how we should be able to feel sympathy for people. We need to feel empathetic towards people because if not, they might end up turning to a very dark and gruesome place. I think 13RW also illustrates this beautifully (despite how controversial that show is as well). 

The reason why people like the Joker exist in real life is because of how society treats them. If we're talking about mass shooters specifically, of course there will just be plain crazy people out there looking to cause harm, but there are also times where those people are products of an apathetic society. 

Often times we talk about the victims (and don't get me wrong, we absolutely need to talk about the victims), but I also don't think we need to completely ignore the perpetrator. This goes beyond shootings too. Look at rape victims. Often times the people who are rapists are victims of rape and molestation themselves. Now, are we going to condone what they've done? 1000% no. They need to be punished for the atrocious crimes that they've commited; however, that doesn't mean you can't feel somewhat sympathetic about their situation. After all, they are a product of the very thing we think is awful and terrible, so why shouldn't  you have some sympathy for them?

It's a very touchy subject so I completely understand why people hate this movie because of how they think it's portraying terrible events, but often times terrible events aren't necessarily black and white. That's what this movie is trying to say. Gotham was a victim of Joker's crimes, but Arthur was a victim of Gotham's apathy and unwillingness to help those in need. 

I agree with you until you expand your scope to real life situations. I don’t think we should talk about how a rapist or murderer did what they did specifically because this has historically been an installed form of racism where white perpetrators get the benefit of the doubt but people of color are inexcusable monsters. The reason being that if you want to explore the causes for POC crime you’re more than likely going to find that there was some sort of race-based red-lining that essentially drove a bigger wedge between white and POC groups that disadvantaged those people in the latter group. Basically it requires white people to admit to a history of abuse and being villainous and it’s easier to just say that the attackers were beyond human and lock them up that same way. I mean ffs when a white lays shoots and kills a black man and only gets 10 years for it, you know there’s a problem. For white perps, society failed them, for POC they are failures of society and you see that at work in the criminal justice system. Obama tried to talk about that and everyone just said that he made race relations worse, he’s reverse racist, etc. Now, I do think it would behoove us to talk more openly in general about the framework of American society, how it inspires violence and *also* seeds depression and other mental disorders in people at large, but understanding that that probably won’t happen honestly I can’t say I’d be behind it. I am very interested in seeing this movie (I adore the character and have read these books since I was 5), but I also can’t escape the idea that if the joker weren’t white would this “fascinating character study” even be made? Will that damage my enjoyment of the film? Not a wink, but it does linger in my head.

doppelganger

The film is good. It's not amazing. I feel that the script and dialogue could be better , especially after seeing Once Upon A Time In Hollywood which is superior in every way. Joaquin is amazing though, and really made the film. 

It tells an important story about society's failure to care for people with mental illnesses. But that's kind of it. We all know how the story ends, but the film doesn't really unpack the character and his motivation in a complex way

RAMROD
1 hour ago, Nightwing said:

I was just wondering what the tone of the music in the film would have been.

I watched it last night; didn't like it too much. I need to watch it again. It's true, it's a dark film. I don't feel like the story was that great, overall, though. And I didn't like the characterization of this character for it to be the Joker. Still, Joaquin Phoenix did incredibly well for what he was given. That said, I didn't like his voice. This just didn't come together all the way for me. It felt way too disjointed.

Joker isn't supposed to have a sense of morality.

Hide contents

The "real" Joker would have killed the midget, too.

... just because he could have. I didn't like his whole speech at the end, either; I don't see this Joker being a criminal mastermind being always ahead of the curve.

Well, it is true. If the reason or mindset for people watching it is to see comic book Joker, 100% they will be dissapointed. Therefore I remind everyone to enjoy the movie as is, this is not Joker that everyone familiar with. Only interpretation of it. There are no kooky falling into chemical stuffs and all other stuffs we know of Joker. It is a more down to Earth interpretation of it. Something more realistic.

Nightwing
7 hours ago, RAMROD said:

Well, it is true. If the reason or mindset for people watching it is to see comic book Joker, 100% they will be dissapointed. Therefore I remind everyone to enjoy the movie as is, this is not Joker that everyone familiar with. Only interpretation of it. There are no kooky falling into chemical stuffs and all other stuffs we know of Joker. It is a more down to Earth interpretation of it. Something more realistic.

This was such a missed opportunity, in my opinion. Like, it really is a great film at its core. And I do applaud it for that. But this is a Joker that can be reasoned with, and that kills any potential he has. So, I'm now happy that this Joker won't be crossing over to any other mediums and vice-versa.

Instead of making this, I wish WB would have chosen to make a Catwoman film. It's time she's done justice. You can do a character like Catwoman realistically and not ruin who she is. It takes a special person with an even more special vision to do a character like Joker realistically and still not lose the core of who and what he is—utter mayhem, chaos and a warped sense of reality and morality.

Archived