Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
lgbt

Teen Commits Suicide After Being Outed

Featured Posts

Marilyn MonHoe

channing-smith-750x.jpg

A Tennessee teenager has died by suicide after classmates outed him on social media.

Channing Smith’s family told TV station WTVF of Nashville that the 16-year-old Coffee County High School student, who died late Sunday night, had confided in a few friends that he was bisexual. But soon, screen shots of text messages were being shared online.

“That was my only brother and I loved him,” Joshua Smith told another Nashville station, WZTV.

Joshua said two teenagers, including a boy who got the text directly from Channing, posted images on Instagram and Snapchat Sunday evening, shortly before Channing’s death.

“They did it to just completely humiliate and embarrass my brother,” Smith said. “Being in a small, rural town in the middle of Tennessee, you can imagine being the laughingstock and having to go to school Monday morning. He couldn't face the humiliation that was waiting on him when he got to school on Monday, so he shot and killed himself.”

Channing Smith called a girl sharing images on the phone and said he planned to kill himself, but she did nothing about it, according to local reports. 

District Attorney Craig Northcott, who has voiced opposition to gay rights in the past and said gay people are not entitled to domestic violence protection, said he hasn’t decided if he will pursue criminal charges. The family told news outlets Northcott won’t take action on the cyberbullying.

Hundreds attended a vigil for Channing on Thursday in Manchester.

If you are a trans or gender-nonconforming person considering suicide, Trans Lifeline can be reached at (877) 565-8860. LGBTQ youth (ages 24 and younger) can reach the Trevor Project Lifeline at (866) 488-7386. You can also access chat services at TheTrevorProject.org/Help or text START to 678678. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at (800) 273-8255 can be reached 24 hours a day by people of all ages and identities.

Source: https://www.advocate.com/news/2019/9/27/bisexual-teen-dies-suicide-after-being-outed-online

• Like 1
  • Shook 1
  • Sad 43

Marilyn MonHoe
Just now, Marilyn MonHoe said:

District Attorney Craig Northcott, who has voiced opposition to gay rights in the past and said gay people are not entitled to domestic violence protection, said he hasn’t decided if he will pursue criminal charges. The family told news outlets Northcott won’t take action on the cyberbullying.

This is terrible. This man shouldn't have a job.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 17

AlexTheMonster
1 minute ago, Marilyn MonHoe said:

Are you kidding me :madge:

Let The Mitosis of The Future Begin 🧜‍♂️
  • Sad 1

PartySick

We still have a long way to go

I identify as Michael Jackson. My pronouns are he/hee.
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Ryusei

So sad he had his whole life ahead of him still. This is why so many people are still afraid to come out and to openly be who they are. So many areas of the world where it is still so taboo :(  R.I.P

• Like 1

Lionel Hutz

StRaIgHt PeOpLe aRe tHe OnEs WhO ArE oPpReSsEd, nOt ThE GaYs!!1!1

• Like 15
  • LMAO 1

Spartacus

😑  I hope the lil ***** FRY for it! 😒

-𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐌𝐀™

Bloody

It breaks my heart that a young kid who had a full life ahead took it away. 

These teens are awful for doing that to him, what would they gain by humiliating him? Even back in my school days (im 22 now) my peers didn't use social media like that, but kids these days use it in the worst way....

may he rest in peace, im just speechless

Seasons change and our love went cold..feed the flame 'cause we can't let go..
  • Thanks 2

Morphine Prince

Those kids deserve to have their lives destroyed. 

I know what I just said is controversial, I don’t care. 

The friends I've had to bury, they keep me up at night
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 3

ReginaGeorge

Learn from this before you call someone who's not out, gay! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

Ladey Gaygay

I hope these kids actually get bullied until they aneurysm in 40 years due to overbearing guilt

Those monsters deserve every ounce of torture they get

Sorry not sorry:classy:

xoxo hoanne

Marilyn MonHoe

THIS is why we still have gay pride parades and why straight people don’t. Literally no straight person has ever killed themselves because of their sexuality

• Like 9
  • YAAAS 2
  • Thanks 6

joemayzin

This is really horrible, everyone deserves the right to “come out” when they feel is the right time and not being outed. Prayers to his family during this time and karma will get the people who did this to him.

Shame on that district attorney for not perusing criminal charges right away, down right disgusting. This was a young kid who had a whole life ahead of him :(

holy scheisse

My heart hurts... What a horrible story. The poor boy...

• Like 1

Suspiria
1 hour ago, Spartacus said:

😑  I hope the lil ***** FRY for it! 😒

39 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

Those kids deserve to have their lives destroyed. 

I know what I just said is controversial, I don’t care. 

30 minutes ago, Ladey Gaygay said:

I hope these kids actually get bullied until they aneurysm in 40 years due to overbearing guilt

Those monsters deserve every ounce of torture they get

Sorry not sorry:classy:

How can you say this?

Yes they did a horrific thing, but what good comes out of wishing harm and bad things on people who have done wrong? It just results in an endless cycle of pain and misery. You wanting to see those kids suffer makes you even worse than them.

• Thanks 1