Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Will Gaga ever top Born This Way?

hankhatesyouall

Featured Posts

13 minutes ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

:awkney:

It's not a bad record at all, BUT

- She didn't produce anything on it (except Venus)

- The production & lyrics were actually a mess for a few songs

- She took lots of already-mixed intrumentals from other artists

- She literally covered a song and added three words in it (Venus)

- She was almost at her vocal peak but her voice is extremely edited on the album

There was this controversy on LM.com back in the day… In Berlin (Oct. 2013), Gaga herself would've said to the fans that she hated the album and that she felt like it wasn't even hers (it was just a rumor but many fans confimed, so we never know)

venus is completely original besides the "rocket number nine take off to the planet" line and the "to the planet" chants before the chorus. and of course you can hear some of madeon's frequently used synths in there but don't even come for Venus sis. 

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whilst I agree it’s subjective blah blah blah, I don’t think any album will top what Born This Way means to me.  It came out just as I turned 16 and was coming out, it’s such a cliché but that album was really my coming of age.

BTW is the only album she gave 100% of herself to the entire era. It's up to you to think if it's her best, but I want another era where she completely delves inside of herself creatively and doesn't give up until the tour is over.  TF, TFM, and BTW are the only times she's done that. The only difference now is that I don't want her to hurt herself doing that which is probs why she treats her music how she does now. Half of ARTPOP was like this too but she was so worn out by the time she released GUY and she was also focusing on C2C. I get that she's probably learned how to properly manage album cycles.

I want to see a new album with pop/techno roots with some wild experimental sounds and an obvious dedication to the music, that's what made BTW so great to me. 

1 minute ago, Bae said:

venus is completely original besides the "rocket number nine take off to the planet" line and the "to the planet" chants before the chorus. and of course you can hear some of madeon's frequently used synths in there but don't even come for Venus sis. 

Completely original?  Most of the song existed already before Gaga even got in the studio :messga:

I love Venus, it’s a highlight of ARTPOP for me but we really can’t pretend she produced the entire song without a tonne of help from Madeon.

2 minutes ago, Benji said:

Completely original?  Most of the song existed already before Gaga even got in the studio :messga:

I love Venus, it’s a highlight of ARTPOP for me but we really can’t pretend she produced the entire song without a tonne of help from Madeon.

oooo im a flop fan youd think id have known that stanning since 2010.  yikes. anyways, it's my fave and nobody better be coming for it considering those vocal harmonies and layers which is a masterpiece in itself. 

19 minutes ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

There was this controversy on LM.com back in the day… In Berlin (Oct. 2013), Gaga herself would've said to the fans that she hated the album and that she felt like it wasn't even hers (it was just a rumor but many fans confimed, so we never know)

It wouldn’t surprise me if this was true.  She said in interviews how much she loved ARTPOP but I’ve always felt like she hated what it turned into and was so far from what she envisioned that she was done with it before it even had a chance to take off.

TBH, for the GP , her peaks were the fame and fame monster and also ASIB, nobody cares about born this way outside the LGBTQ community.:huntyga:

Economy

Its highly debatable and a matter of opinion whether thats really her best work

i think her best video is still bad romance

Musically TFM was my fav album

artistically and performance wise i dunno what my favourite era... Maybe Born This Way might reign in that respect but not by a lot...

TFM also had great theatrics and TF had an amazing simple energy

Joanne was definitely boring Performance wise

Economy
1 minute ago, katy666 said:

TBH, for the GP , her peaks were the fame and fame monster and also ASIB, nobody cares about born this way outside the LGBTQ community.:huntyga:

Tbh. Singles wise and era wise the GP remembers from Just Dance up to the beggining of Born This Way with the lead single of the same title

they remember her second peak from Super Bowl onwards including A Star Is Born

from late 2011 to early 2017 theres this gap where the GP doesnt know much of Gaga

they may know she had a phase where she was more “normal” but most people wont remember many specifics. Maybe the Oscar performance may be one exeption during that 6 year period

GagaUnderYou

I personally think ARTPOP was a better album than BTW, but BTW was marketed very well. Gaga was the Ariana at that time. BTW has a lot of fillers for me. ARTPOP songs are mesmerizing. 

Patrick Garcia

The Fame Monster (internacional deluxe) which includes 16 The Fame songs  is her best piece of work. It aged so well, like a female Depeche Mode or something.

After that, Born This Way, A Star Is Born, Joanne and ARTPOP. 

Her debut and its EP is still her peak imo. 

13 minutes ago, Economy said:

Tbh. Singles wise and era wise the GP remembers from Just Dance up to the beggining of Born This Way with the lead single of the same title

they remember her second peak from Super Bowl onwards including A Star Is Born

from late 2011 to early 2017 theres this gap where the GP doesnt know much of Gaga

they may know she had a phase where she was more “normal” but most people wont remember many specifics. Maybe the Oscar performance may be one exeption during that 6 year period

Agree! I think applause should’ve been a bigger song and still don’t understand why people hate perfect illusion.:what:

Economy
13 minutes ago, katy666 said:

Agree! I think applause should’ve been a bigger song and still don’t understand why people hate perfect illusion.:what:

Honestly those two songs had to grow on me

since they werent instant hookets and Gaga wasnt huge at the time, im not surprised it wasnt huge especially PI which took several listens

Applause especially was during an era where Gaga was just too unloved by gp. It did as well as could have tbh

Archived