life

Gaga: "I Didn't Do This For Fame ...

Enzo

Featured Posts

21 hours ago, Illuminati said:

she did it to sell makeup one day

door to door, like Avon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66IWgU9AAis

When she shows up at your door, she'll say "Gaga calling".

:)

I live outside the space time continuum.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
God Control

I really don't like statements like these, especially when her entire career was about shock value. I get that she always had a message, but there's neither anything wrong with wanting to be famous that you need to deflect it like this nor was she that independent singer who's only famous as a voice rather than an image. She's very much an image, a visual and a bling as much as she's a talent, a voice and a message.

PlanetChromatica
21 minutes ago, God Control said:

I really don't like statements like these, especially when her entire career was about shock value. I get that she always had a message, but there's neither anything wrong with wanting to be famous that you need to deflect it like this nor was she that independent singer who's only famous as a voice rather than an image. She's very much an image, a visual and a bling as much as she's a talent, a voice and a message.

I think people are taking this tweet way too seriously :toofunny:

God Control
1 minute ago, ArtyRoberto said:

I think people are taking this tweet way too seriously :toofunny:

I took it seriously because it wasn't the first time she makes such remarks in interviews or on Twitter. I just don't get why doing something for the fame or money, has to be viewed as shallow or bad or whatever, or at least something one has to deflect, especially when someone did do it for the fame or money, at least partially so.

PlanetChromatica
1 minute ago, God Control said:

I took it seriously because it wasn't the first time she makes such remarks in interviews or on Twitter. I just don't get why doing something for the fame or money, has to be viewed as shallow or bad or whatever, or at least something one has to deflect, especially when someone did do it for the fame or money, at least partially so.

It's her personal view, she's not dictating that if you do it just for the fame then you are shallow. Don't take it so seriously, I saw this tweet as more of ironic humour. You should know about, having the queen of ironic humour in your display pic :oops:

God Control
8 minutes ago, ArtyRoberto said:

It's her personal view, she's not dictating that if you do it just for the fame then you are shallow. Don't take it so seriously, I saw this tweet as more of ironic humour. You should know about, having the queen of ironic humour in your display pic :oops:

I'm not saying she's imposing it on me, only saying that this common idea that people sometimes use to defend artists "she doesn't want money or fame", well so what if she does? and sometimes they even use it like they're deflecting shame. I know she might intend humor here, just discussing the idea of fame, which everyone seems to want but then pretend not to care about once they have it, just like money too.

Rudz Xinc

LG6 will be released on 13th of December.

9 months after that pregnant tweet, and it's Friday.

So this is definitely about HL. :oops:

Look at those clowns

Patrick Garcia
On 10/1/2019 at 5:06 AM, God Control said:

I'm not saying she's imposing it on me, only saying that this common idea that people sometimes use to defend artists "she doesn't want money or fame", well so what if she does? and sometimes they even use it like they're deflecting shame. I know she might intend humor here, just discussing the idea of fame, which everyone seems to want but then pretend not to care about once they have it, just like money too.

Also, she says she wants to change the world with her work, therefore she has to be famous at some level so she can send her message further. Maybe, that's what she meant with this tweet. The impact/the message is more important than fame itself. But I agree with you that there is no problem in wanting money or fame, specially money. I think wanting fame just for the sake of it is shallow. But money not always comes with fame and you can do a lot of good things for you, your family, for charity, being anonymously rich.

Archived