Jump to content
Stefani Tee
news

Gaga dominating Vegas sales

Featured Posts

NT78
2 hours ago, Franch Toast said:

Sometimes, I see people online complaining about the prices and claiming that Gaga's getting greedy, but the inflated prices are not her fault. Aside from resale tickets often being exorbitant, Ticketmaster itself has a kind of "inside scalper" practice going on with their "Platinum Tickets" that fluctuate in price. If you check out Ticketmaster's site for any of the dates for Enigma or J & P, all that's left are either resale tickets or platinum. It's insane. I remember seeing VIP banquette tickets for the October 20 J & Piano priced at $16,000 apiece!! In order to get decently priced tickets, it seems you have to snap them up as soon as they go on sale (whether pre-sales or general sales) or at the last-minute at the venue. Anyway, resell venues and Ticketmaster are exploiting her popularity to jack up the prices, but this isn't her fault, and I imagine (or at least, hope) that she's abhorred at this practice. 

I do wonder though whether she and her team get a cut from this or simply the agreed-upon flat fee. If the latter, I really feel like Gaga herself is also being exploited, and not just people buying the tickets. I hate Ticketmaster so much. They're so greedy & shady. 

Yeah, Ticketmaster sucks, but those Official Platinum tickets DO go down in price as the show approaches. We scored 2 seats for J&P in the 4th row, center, for $750 each 4 days before the show. They had originally been priced over $2000 each and just kept getting cheaper every day. I stalked them for 2 weeks and pulled the trigger at $750. It was worth every penny. Best show I've ever seen, period. We are going back next year at some point. 

  • Like 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Franch Toast
2 minutes ago, NT78 said:

Yeah, Ticketmaster sucks, but those Official Platinum tickets DO go down in price as the show approaches. We scored 2 seats for J&P in the 4th row, center, for $750 each 4 days before the show. They had originally been priced over $2000 each and just kept getting cheaper every day. I stalked them for 2 weeks and pulled the trigger at $750. It was worth every penny. Best show I've ever seen, period. We are going back next year at some point. 

That's great to know that they do go down in price days before the show and not just the day before or day of at the venue. Sounds like you scored an amazing deal!  I have tickets for Enigma and J&P this December and am looking forward to both. 

  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
NT78
1 minute ago, Franch Toast said:

That's great to know that they do go down in price days before the show and not just the day before or day of at the venue. Sounds like you scored an amazing deal!  I have tickets for Enigma and J&P this December and am looking forward to both. 

Yeah, we had tickets in the 405 section, row D that we had purchased for original sales price and those were $283+fees each. But we had 2 friends join us in Vegas last minute so we convinced them to buy our balcony seats when I upgraded to the floor seats. I was NOT going to pass up that opportunity and am SO glad we did it. Our friends weren't even Gaga fans, but they love Jazz music and they were absolutely FLOORED by the show. 

You are going to have such a great time! I still need to see Enigma. 

  • Love 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Madling
4 hours ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

I'm glad she's smashing in a yet another field, but to me Vegas residencies are never to brag about, especially when you're having a re-peak. But to each to their own :poot: Hopefully all those money reflect in LG6 visuals :poot:

It's one of the best decisions she ever made. 45 odd dates for 160 million? And she doesn't have to travel? Critically and audience acclaimed? And it introduced her to her boyfriend... 

But each to their own

  • LMAO 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
giskardsb
5 hours ago, NT78 said:

Yeah, Ticketmaster sucks, but those Official Platinum tickets DO go down in price as the show approaches. We scored 2 seats for J&P in the 4th row, center, for $750 each 4 days before the show. They had originally been priced over $2000 each and just kept getting cheaper every day. I stalked them for 2 weeks and pulled the trigger at $750. It was worth every penny. Best show I've ever seen, period. We are going back next year at some point. 

J&P is *that* show, The best show she's done IMO.  I have tickets again for next year,  Her pop shows don't come close to showcasing Gaga the performer and vocalist the same way.  She was born for the J&P show and without her Vegas residency she probably would not have had the opportunity to do something like that.    Now that she's proven it works, I'd love for her to tour it to professional theaters ( not arenas) globally.

  • YAAAS 2
  • Love 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Haruki Murakami
17 hours ago, Kimmo said:

 Now that’s an ass kick to the face!!  Get those coins Kween!!  :vegas:

image0.gif

Omfg

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
KURUSHITOVSKA

Well, I paid a little more of 900$ for 3 tickets + Allianz insurance just in case I coudn't go as I'm going from Barcelona, they were early entry and during the general sale. Only 26 days left i'm literally shaking of excitement. I don't think it was expensive at all, considering it's a Vegas show and that she isn't Gwen Stefani (her tickets are 30€ lmao). My early entry ticket for the Joanne show was 225€

Edited by KURUSHITOVSKA
  • Like 2
  • Love 4

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Madling
1 hour ago, KURUSHITOVSKA said:

Well, I paid a little more of 900$ for 3 tickets + Allianz insurance just in case I coudn't go as I'm going from Barcelona, they were early entry and during the general sale. Only 26 days left i'm literally shaking of excitement. I don't think it was expensive at all, considering it's a Vegas show and that she isn't Gwen Stefani (her tickets are 30€ lmao). My early entry ticket for the Joanne show was 225€

Gwen's tickets are €30... What? That's embarrassing. I've paid more to see local acts!! 

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Franch Toast
8 hours ago, giskardsb said:

J&P is *that* show, The best show she's done IMO.  I have tickets again for next year,  Her pop shows don't come close to showcasing Gaga the performer and vocalist the same way.  She was born for the J&P show and without her Vegas residency she probably would not have had the opportunity to do something like that.    Now that she's proven it works, I'd love for her to tour it to professional theaters ( not arenas) globally.

I'm seeing it on New Year's Eve and honestly more excited about it than Enigma. I'm usually a stay-at-home-and-fall-asleep-before-the-ball-drops kind of gal on NYE, so I feel like I'm going from 0 to 100 by spending the holiday with Gaga in her element. All these gushing reviews from GGD users have me counting down the days on my calendar. 

  • Like 3

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
NT78
3 hours ago, Franch Toast said:

I'm seeing it on New Year's Eve and honestly more excited about it than Enigma. I'm usually a stay-at-home-and-fall-asleep-before-the-ball-drops kind of gal on NYE, so I feel like I'm going from 0 to 100 by spending the holiday with Gaga in her element. All these gushing reviews from GGD users have me counting down the days on my calendar. 

OMG...that's what we wanted to do, but couldn't make it work this year. NYE is going to be an amazing night to be there! 

  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mordred
On 9/27/2019 at 9:45 PM, MaryJaneHolland said:

I'm glad she's smashing in a yet another field, but to me Vegas residencies are never to brag about, especially when you're having a re-peak. But to each to their own :poot: Hopefully all those money reflect in LG6 visuals :poot:

tumblr_pj8pklLAgw1vuabaao2_250.gif

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
JAG0904

Going to the show on Halloween. Who’s gonna be there and who’s going in costume? 😈💀😈

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...