Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
lgbt

Non-Binary Barbie Dolls

Featured Posts

jprince99x

mattel-gender-neutral-doll-01-new.jpg?qu

TIME MAGAZINE-

A child opens a box. He starts jumping and screaming with joy—not an unusual sound in the halls of Mattel’s headquarters where researchers test new toys. But this particular toy is a doll, and it’s rare for parents to bring boys into these research groups to play with dolls. It’s rarer still for a boy to immediately attach himself to one the way Shi’a just did.

An 8-year-old who considers himself gender fluid and whose favorite color is black one week, pink the next, Shi’a sometimes plays with his younger sister’s dolls at home, but they’re “girly, princess stuff,” he says dismissively. This doll, with its prepubescent body and childish features, looks more like him, right down to the wave of bleached blond bangs. “The hair is just like mine,” Shi’a says, swinging his head in tandem with the doll’s. Then he turns to the playmate in the toy-testing room, a 7-year-old girl named Jhase, and asks, “Should I put on the girl hair?” Shi’a fits a long, blond wig on the doll’s head, and suddenly it is no longer an avatar for him, but for his sister.

The doll can be a boy, a girl, neither or both, and Mattel, which calls this the world’s first gender-neutral doll, is hoping its launch on Sept. 25 redefines who gets to play with a toy traditionally deemed taboo for half the world’s kids. Carefully manicured features betray no obvious gender: the lips are not too full, the eyelashes not too long and fluttery, the jaw not too wide. There are no Barbie-like breasts or broad, Ken-like shoulders. Each doll in the Creatable World series looks like a slender 7-year-old with short hair, but each comes with a wig of long, lustrous locks and a wardrobe befitting any fashion-conscious kid: hoodies, sneakers, graphic T-shirts in soothing greens and yellows, along with tutus and camo pants.

Mattel’s first promotional spot for the $29.99 product features a series of kids who go by various pronouns—him, her, them, xem—and the slogan “A doll line designed to keep labels out and invite everyone in.” With this overt nod to trans and nonbinary identities, the company is betting on where it thinks the country is going

SOURCE: https://time.com/5684822/mattel-gender-neutral-doll/

Dolls never had genitalia in the first place but these dolls help to remove gender stereotypes and gender roles from the brains of our future generations. I would probably be a lot less f*cked up than I am now if I had toys other than army men and trucks growing up. With that being said, now all genders can hate themselves when seeing dolls with unrealistic body standards. :bradley:

Edited by jprince99x
Let’s have some fun this beat is Sapokanikan
  • Like 4
  • LMAO 7
  • YAAAS 3
  • Love 11
  • Shook 1
  • Sad 1

corvus albus

All you conservamonsters can seethe :queenga:

Standing Still
  • Like 13
  • YAAAS 9
  • Love 4

Dominic

This is really good. This is literally what all those "f*** non binary" people wanted, breaking down the gender expectations rather than "cReAtInG A nEW oNe" :ally:

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 4

Spartacus

Aww very nice! :flutter:

-𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐌𝐀™

Tiny Purse

imaging stanning a queer woman who constantly plays with gender norms and actively being "sick" or "tired" of fellow queer people. sad world. 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 13

Gracious Gaga

This is great! If you don’t like it or are sick of this non binary stuff and have non binary phobia, then you should stop for a minute and try to be more accepting and understanding that not everybody views gender the same way you do:) 

xoxo gracious gaga
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 8

Gracious Gaga
10 minutes ago, iAstroLeo said:

I am so tired of this non-binary **** tbh

Don't @ me :sis: 

@iAstroLeo read the comment below if you haven’t already :)

1 minute ago, Tiny Purse said:

imaging stanning a queer woman who constantly plays with gender norms and actively being "sick" or "tired" of fellow queer people. sad world. 

Somebody had to say it ..

xoxo gracious gaga
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 7

Zander

Aren’t they more androgynous than non-binary though? Considering androgyny is more about your physical appearance.

Edited by Zander
  • Like 2
  • Shook 1
  • Thanks 1

geopang

This is only pushing the idea that non-binary = the outfit you have on, the length and color of your hair, and your outward appearance. Not the identity itself. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by geopang
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 4

iAstroLeo

I never said I didn't accept it, but I feel like it's too much. For me it started with Sam Smith being wanted to be called "them/they", like I understand you don't want to be a he/she but you want to be plural? My language, Portuguese, doesn't even have "they/them" without it being identifying to a gender, but why does this matter?

If you are non-binary, you are a person. It doesn't matter what you identify as, and for that being said I'm also tired of identifying as gay, bi, or straight. Most of the division that's happening now I feel is because gays feel the need to scream that they are gay through extravagant clothing, trying too hard to be different. I'm not saying that some don't wear it because they like it, but some if not most are just attention seeking.

Edited by iAstroLeo
  • Like 4
  • LMAO 2
  • YAAAS 1
  • Sad 6
  • Thanks 6

likeitrough
1 minute ago, iAstroLeo said:

I never said I didn't accept it, but I feel like it's too much. For me it started with Sam Smith being wanted to be called "them/they", like I understand you don't want to be a he/she but you want to be plural? 

If you are non-binary, you are a person. It doesn't matter what you identify as, and for that being said I'm also tired of identifying as gay, bi, or straight. Most of the division that's happening now I feel is because gays feel the need to scream that they are gay through extravagant clothing, trying too hard to be different. I'm not saying that some don't wear it because they like it, but some if not most are just attention seeking.

they isn't always plural. 

let's say you're sitting in a trash can. 
if someone asked me where @iAstroLeo was I'd say, "they're over there, in the trash can". 

see? it's easy.

• Like 1
  • LMAO 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 3