Jump to content
politics

Pelosi announces impeachment inquiry of Trump


Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

Morphine Prince
2 minutes ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

We are talking about politics. It's all about political convenience. Why do you think all the gerrymandering has gone on in favor of the Republicans? For this moment right now. For what is happening right this minute. 

Take a look. 

 

I am very aware of this.

But when it comes to a president committing crimes and being a national security threat, I think we should be above all this.  Just wishful thinking, I know many aren't. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HausOfMark
3 hours ago, Arturo said:

So let me get this straight.

The house will investigate and then probably vote to impeach.

And then the Senate will block it.

And then nothing will happen? 
 

this is a genuine question

I was thinking this exact thing. But if he gets impeached, then its Pence.

But idk much about him and hes my VP. :messga:

-Mark
Link to post
Share on other sites
derpmonster
2 hours ago, PartySick said:

I hope you're right.

The blowback of turning Trump into a martyr, even a political one, will be real.

I know but consider Bill Clinton. He had the highest approval ratings in the beginning of his presidency. The impeachment only hurt him.

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live
Link to post
Share on other sites
derpmonster

Y'all, just a clarification:

Impeachment is NOT the process of removal of a president.

Impeachment is a formal censure by the House for misconduct.

Once an impeachment is successful, the Senate decides whether or not to remove the president.

Even if they decide against it, it doesn't matter - the impeachment happens solely at the level of the House and is considered successful.

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live
Link to post
Share on other sites
Morphine Prince
3 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

I know but consider Bill Clinton. He had the highest approval ratings in the beginning of his presidency. The impeachment only hurt him.

Republicans keep saying Bill Clinton's impeachment "hurt Republicans" but did it really? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
JusKeepBreathin
6 minutes ago, HausOfMark said:

I was thinking this exact thing. But if he gets impeached, then its Pence.

But idk much about him and hes my VP. :messga:

Impeachment isn't over night. Chances are Trump will be voted out of office before it's done. This is more to bring all the skeletons out of the closet.  Get ready for a show gurls.

halloween dancing GIF

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.
Link to post
Share on other sites
Morphine Prince
2 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

Y'all, just a clarification:

Impeachment is NOT the process of removal of a president.

Impeachment is a formal censure by the House for misconduct.

Once an impeachment is successful, the Senate decides whether or not to remove the president.

Even if they decide against it, it doesn't matter - the impeachment happens solely at the level of the House and is considered successful.

People want him removed, if they don't get it they will see it as a "waste of time" 

Either way, this needs to be done. Those of us who are into politics know the differences but the general public is lost. 

Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors. That's what it takes. That's what the Constitution says. He needs to be made an example of. It's dangerous to let him off the hook and then future presidents will probably do much worse...

Link to post
Share on other sites
PartySick
3 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

I know but consider Bill Clinton. He had the highest approval ratings in the beginning of his presidency. The impeachment only hurt him.

We shall see :popcorn:

Just now, Morphine Prince said:

Republicans keep saying Bill Clinton's impeachment "hurt Republicans" but did it really? 

Republicans get away with everything because their voters never hold them accountable.

I would say why I think that's the case but I'm not going to wp myself today for being rude :huntyga:

I'm just saying, when a bunch of food stamp collecting, poverty stricken, social security using, "troop supporting", generally uneducated people vote for politicians that vow to slash security nets, cut taxes, give to the rich, start useless wars, and destroy education...I wonder about them in certain ways.

Home: a place that you only dream of when you're all alone
Link to post
Share on other sites
derpmonster
1 minute ago, Morphine Prince said:

People want him removed, if they don't get it they will see it as a "waste of time" 

Either way, this needs to be done. Those of us who are into politics know the differences but the general public is lost. 

Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors. That's what it takes. That's what the Constitution says. He needs to be made an example of. It's dangerous to let him off the hook and then future presidents will probably do much worse...

I mean, yes, people want him removed.

I'm saying an impeachment is not a waste of time even if he ends up not being removed. Clinton served his term.  Democrats must impeach regardless because it's their duty to do so and the right thing to do. We cannot let party lines and political convenience dictate these things. It's about time Trump is officially censured. The House needs to do its job, produce the evidence, and impeach him. And actually talk to the public to present it clearly and succinctly. :saladga: I don't understand why Dems are so bad at communicating with the public.

If the Senate fails to act on it, it's on them.

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live
Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, kyanewest said:

This shouldve been done in 2016, damage is done

You can't impeach someone before they're in office haha

Purr more, hiss less.
Link to post
Share on other sites
Morphine Prince
3 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

I mean, yes, people want him removed.

I'm saying an impeachment is not a waste of time even if he ends up not being removed. Clinton served his term.  Democrats must impeach regardless because it's their duty to do so and the right thing to do. We cannot let party lines and political convenience dictate these things. It's about time Trump is officially censured. The House needs to do its job, produce the evidence, and impeach him. And actually talk to the public to present it clearly and succinctly. :saladga: I don't understand why Dems are so bad at communicating with the public.

If the Senate fails to act on it, it's on them.

I agree 100% 

But many others do not, just read this thread. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, FABian said:

#Tulsi Gabbard 2020

Bro quit falling for the Russian disinformation. You're just making yourself look gullible with this mess.

Purr more, hiss less.
Link to post
Share on other sites
PartySick
5 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

 

The only problem I can think of atm is will any of this really matter?

Next to nobody is going to have their mind's changed at this point. Either you know Trump is a crook or you believe everything coming from the left and msm is "fake news".

The Dems and left leaning people will see the man they hate getting exposed, finally and formally, and they'll hate him more.

The GOP and right leaning people (the ones that chose to stick with him in 2016) will see the man they believe in getting shat on by the fake news msm. The latest victim of the liberal/Dem machine. And they'll love him more for it.

...which I guess is also an argument to say "well, why NOT do it then?". I don't think anything will change so I guess it is a good idea to make it a matter of formal record - this president is a criminal and should be held accountable.

Home: a place that you only dream of when you're all alone
Link to post
Share on other sites
Morphine Prince
Just now, PartySick said:

The only problem I can think of atm is will any of this really matter?

Next to nobody is going to have their mind's changed at this point. Either you know Trump is a crook or you believe everything coming from the left and msm is "fake news".

The Dems and left leaning people will see the man they hate getting exposed, finally and formally, and they'll hate him more.

The GOP and right leaning people (the ones that chose to stick with him in 2016) will see the man they believe in getting shat on by the fake news msm. The latest victim of the liberal/Dem machine. And they'll love him more for it.

...which I guess is also an argument to say "well, why NOT do it then?". I don't think anything will change so I guess it is a good idea to make it a matter of formal record - this president is a criminal and should be held accountable.

People in the middle, especially in swing states are the ones who will ultimately decide in the court of public opinion. 

Either way, Democrats have to focus on having record breaking voter turnout in 2020. Whether Trump is re-elected or not it's going to a crazy election. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...