Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga smoking a joint on stage in Amsterdam (09/17)

Jase

Featured Posts

Bloody Berry

Let Gaga smokes the cigarettes, nobody can forbid her it, but it was not a good example of behavior on stage. A little bit of self-control would be handy in front of a younger group of fans. Overall, very disappointing situation for me.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jase

• jhonyguy04

• omglion

• Bebe

I actually think it's quite brave for her to smoke in public. As important as her responsibilities as a role model are, she can't endlessly pander to her tween fans--those who presumably haven't smoked and therefore don't know firsthand how ridiculously political its stigmatization is--without eventually alienating her older fans. It's been established by the British Academy of Science that weed is leagues less dangerous than alcohol and many prescription d--gs that are perfectly legal in the United States, and it's important that someone who doesn't embody the typical stoner archetype show that weed can be a safe, occasional recreation in an otherwise healthy and productive lifestyle. Ehh, my two cents at least.

You make a lot of good points. One reason why I used to loathe marijuana was because of the culture built around it. Marijuana culture is annoying, in my opinion. Seeing someone advocate it more casually, who, as you said, doesn't fit the typical stoner archetype, is a really good thing. Let's people know that not everyone who supports legalization or does it is some kind of airhead.

(For the record- nothing against potheads or anything. I smoke a little myself, it's just the stereotypical culture built around it that rubs me the wrong way)

lol, no ****. i know they've been hanging out for years, but it seems like tara has influenced her in some sort of way... like seriously. look how much gaga has changed, like her dressing and her all attitude. but anyways, that my opinion. i'm not the only one that thinks that. :creepflop:

I agree. I think Tara's attitude is really rubbing off on Gaga. :nails: but maybe she's just having a moment, eh?

I agree. I think Tara's attitude is really rubbing off on Gaga. :nails: but maybe she's just having a moment, eh?

:huh: and what's Tara's attitude like? It's not like we know a whole lot about her :toofunny:

MarryTheKnight

ew she needs to stop smoking pot. its making her become a fat ass.

"sweat pants are all that fits me right now" -lady gaga

:huh: and what's Tara's attitude like? It's not like we know a whole lot about her

I don't know. But I mean her "style" or whatever... We've seen more of Tara lately than 2 years ago.. and Gaga isn't as mature as she used to be. Don't get me wrong, she's still mature but she's got the "I don't care" attitude. Hopefully, it will drop off. Just saying. :shrug:

You may all say "its just weed" but to me she's sending a message to a lot of young kids who don't know any better that its okay to do d--gs. I honestly don't give 2 ****s that she smokes weed but it is beyond me why she feels the need to be public about it like she's a cool kid or something.

Given to her by fans?

Of all the things I could say, I would say don't grab anything edible or otherwise internally taken given to you by fans...

This. Wow she really needs to be more careful of taking things and just smoking them. It could be dangerous to not know what you're on and not knowing how long the effect will last

You may all say "its just weed" but to me she's sending a message to a lot of young kids who don't know any better that its okay to do d--gs. I honestly don't give 2 ****s that she smokes weed but it is beyond me why she feels the need to be public about it like she's a cool kid or something.

She needs to sell and be hip and cool, and not motherly like. I agree with what you said though. No point in smoking it on stage, even if it was just one puff. Seems really unprofessional :fat:

She needs to sell and be hip and cool, and not motherly like. I agree with what you said though. No point in smoking it on stage, even if it was just one puff. Seems really unprofessional :fat:

Who said she has to be motherly? I'm just saying she shouldn't be promoting d--gs.

She can very well be 'not motherly' while at the same time not act like a rapper.

Also she's been selling just fine without ever talking about how awesome weed is or smoking it on stage so I don't understand why she'd be desperate to be hip and cool like madonna.

Edited by Doug

Who said she has to be motherly? I'm just saying she shouldn't be promoting d--gs.

She can very well be 'not motherly' while at the same time not act like a rapper.

Also she's been selling just fine without ever talking about how awesome weed is or smoking it on stage so I don't understand why she'd be desperate to be hip and cool like madonna.

In the BTW era, she was a motherly figure who preached about loving yourself and being yourself etc. this very well turned off the public and some fans. She knows she needs to make commercial music again and sort of drift away from that bubbly-pop-loving-yourself figure so the public doesn't think she's that much of a loser because face it, she's really misunderstood. i think that may partly be the reason why she's being a badass and stuff :laughga: she's just trying to be "cool" but yeah, to me, smoking on stage is not cool at all.

Edited by GreenCreams

get over it okay. it's not like she was d--gged up. :coffee:

...although, later on that night she looked a bit like xtina, has she been eating some kfc? :creepflop:

I don't know. But I mean her "style" or whatever... We've seen more of Tara lately than 2 years ago.. and Gaga isn't as mature as she used to be. Don't get me wrong, she's still mature but she's got the "I don't care" attitude. Hopefully, it will drop off. Just saying. :shrug:

lol, that's what i mean. :creepflop: