💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Piers Morgan RIPS Sam Smith

Spartacus

Featured Posts

Spartacus

The Brit Awards are considering restructuring their categories and no longer rewarding artists based on their gender, but rather their talent. According to The Sun, the producers of the annual ceremony (the British equivalent of the Grammys, with a bit of the VMAs thrown in) are “listening to changes happening in the industry. The categories will evolve in the coming years.” 

While a source told The Sun that “male and female categories will still be in place” at February’s upcoming ceremony, the Brits are hoping to have a new system in place by 2021. “Organisers will be consulting labels and artists alike to work out what is best for the future of the Brits ceremony.”

The Sun speculated that Sam Smith recent announcement’s that their pronouns arethey/them may have inspired the award show. Smith came out as nonbinary and genderfluid earlier this year.

British journalist Piers Morgan, who has a history of making hateful comments about gender fluidity, seemed to agree with The Sun, going after Smith on Good Morning Britain and repeatedly misgendering them.

Morgan couldn’t handle the idea of “such time-honored awards should be just wrecked like this” because Sam Smith “can’t decide if [they’re] male or female.” Morgan claimed that if the Brit Awards choose to “accommodate” Smith’s gender, the performer will have some sort of unfair advantage. 

“I’ll tell you what will happen,” Morgan said. “Women will suffer eventually. I suspect what will happen is male performers will end up winning all of the awards...The whole point of having the gender categories is to make it fair and equal; now we’re going the other way and that apparently is progress. I think it’s a load of nonsense. The idea that you have change entire award categories because one [person] decides one day to wake up and say I’m nonbinary, it’s nonsense.” Morgan repeatedly used incorrect pronouns and gender terms for Smith — Out has revised them for the purposes of this story.

It’s interesting to note that the source close to the Brit Awards said nothing about the intention of removing gendered categories being in response to Smith’s announcement. It very well could just mean that they are hoping to celebrate all musical achievement equally — but it’s always more fun to blame queer folks!

https://www.out.com/celebs/2019/9/23/piers-morgan-misgendered-sam-smith-live-tv

I do agree with him completely here: "“Women will suffer eventually. I suspect what will happen is male performers will end up winning all of the awards...The whole point of having the gender categories is to make it fair and equal..."

Need I say more? :trollga:

-𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐌𝐀™

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PeachJug

i dont know how i feel about the assumption that nonbinary/transgender/etc artists would dominate the females. the females are strong as hell.

idc if drake put a wig on, gaga would still slay when and where she wanted to

not to dismiss his argument tho. there are real concerns

If we fear that males are going to dominate women then we are effectively saying that the male and female categories are not equal in value. It means you are holding different standards to each category.

That is something that needs to be addressed rather than letting it carry on and pretending having two seperate categories is solving the issue, when in reality its just disguising the problem.

Removing the divide not only addresses this problem and forces it into the light, it also is not excluding people who don't fit into the gender binary. It's win/win.

• Admin changed the title to Piers Morgan RIPS Sam Smith

oh now suddenly we're listening to piers morgan? Hell no. Also last year's grammys were full of female winners. Ed Sheeran winning was just... Ed sheeran being ed sheeran and having one of the biggest hits ever basically. Dont hate the player hate the game. 

Musery

3 minutes ago, Bear said:

If we fear that males are going to dominate women then we are effectively saying that the male and female categories are not equal in value. It means you are holding different standards to each category.

That is something that needs to be addressed rather than letting it carry on and pretending having two seperate categories is solving the issue, when in reality its just disguising the problem.

Removing the divide not only addresses this problem and forces it into the light, it also is not excluding people who don't fit into the gender binary. It's win/win.

And they are not equal. It's about equity not equality 

Anderson123
12 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

That Grammy could’ve been Gaga’s or even Kesha’s first if only they still had separate categories. :bradley:

Sneaky Oliver
12 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

“Women will suffer eventually. I suspect what will happen is male performers will end up winning all of the awards...The whole point of having the gender categories is to make it fair and equal;

Well that's a fair point tbh. I think Sam or any other non-binary artist shouldn't think about gender categories THAT deeply. The gender category has been a way to assure women will have their space too since the industry is predominantly ruled by straight men

I’m on my Legacy Act era

9 minutes ago, Akiki said:

And they are not equal. It's about equity not equality 

why are they not equal? It's music.

I don't sort my iTunes by male and female. I don't see the point in dividing music awards by gender when gender has nothing to do with music. There isn't a certain "sound" or "quality" associated or limited to a gender so why are we dividing it that way?

It would be as silly as having categories for people with brown hair, blonde hair etc.

DonatellaPop
17 minutes ago, PeachJug said:

gaga would still slay

I read that as 'Gaga would say 'SLAY' '

https://blacklivesmatter.com/

gagaxsebert
27 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

"

This...... Kesha and Gaga were robbed over Shape of Sh*t :triggered:

giphy.gif

Used to be HighRoad

Spartacus
22 minutes ago, Alan123 said:

That Grammy could’ve been Gaga’s or even Kesha’s first if only they still had separate categories. :bradley:

tumblr_py1w12xohr1xmo1c7o1_500.gifv

-𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐌𝐀™

SpiritBunny

Piers is so messy but I have to be honest I've been watching some of his documentaries on Netflix . Come at me!

Archived