hankhatesyouall

Featured Posts

GaGaAst
1 hour ago, Bio said:

Because they’re not artists, they’re poopstars

Fixedno way wow GIF

Love it when you call me legs In the morning, buy me eggs

15 minutes ago, Halsey said:

its bc the fashion community is driven and demanding of sheer QUALITY meanwhile Post Malone tops the charts

I think that it's all very much subjective. Everyone has their own cup of tea. I for one dont see the value or necessity in some of these fashion looks where people walk runways in sleeping bag-esque pieces and wear tinfoil hats but it all depends on the market you're trying to appeal to. If its genuinely inspired and expressive then I can respect that e ven if I dont understand it. That goes for both music and fashion. 

AJRocketMan
46 minutes ago, A Hybrid said:

To be fair, there have always been those artists who seemed to be more into fashion than music and made the most amazing music regardless. David Bowie and Elton John for example.

Imagine thinking that Elton John’s music is actually good :ladyhaha:

26 minutes ago, Bio said:

Very different cases because they used fashion as a mean of expression, criticism and art. Not as a way to sell clothes and make money.

That is factually incorrect. David Bowie was a paid spokesmen for both Louis Vuitton and Tommy Hilfiger.  Elton John was a spokesmen for Versace.

There is nothing new about musicians finding a way to monetize their style.

adv_7577.jpg

david-bowie-louis-vuitton-2.jpg

220278.jpg

A Hybrid
23 minutes ago, AJRocketMan said:

Why is your name AJRocketMan? :air:

No family’s safe when I sashay

1 hour ago, SKANK said:

That is factually incorrect. David Bowie was a paid spokesmen for both Louis Vuitton and Tommy Hilfiger.  Elton John was a spokesmen for Versace.

There is nothing new about musicians finding a way to monetize their style.

adv_7577.jpg

david-bowie-louis-vuitton-2.jpg

220278.jpg

lol Bowie did those commercials after he was 30-40 years into his career. And Elton was a very close friend of the Versaces. You can’t say Bowie’s relationship to fashion is the same as Bieber’s lol that’s just stupid.

Chromaticunt
1 hour ago, AJRocketMan said:

Your...your name is AJRocketMan...?

46 minutes ago, Bio said:

lol Bowie did those commercials after he was 30-40 years into his career. And Elton was a very close friend of the Versaces. You can’t say Bowie’s relationship to fashion is the same as Bieber’s lol that’s just stupid.

You said Elton John and David Bowie didn't make money from fashion, when in fact both men were paid spokesmen for brands. No shame in being mistaken.

Elton and Bowie were paid to promote brands, just as Gaga and Bieber are doing now. It's nothing new. Elvis sold lipstick. Aretha Franklin and Bette Davis sold fur coats. Artists of every caliber have cashed in on their status as fashion icons.

Here is a collection of adverts Bowie did, some during his prime.

AJRocketMan
1 hour ago, A Hybrid said:

Why is your name AJRocketMan? :air:

I actually know very little about his music, I named my username after Venus. The few Elton John songs I have heard I strongly dislike because it’s all the same sappy piano rock ballads and it’s irritating. There’s no breadth or depth to his music and he doesn’t even write his own songs!

Archived