4 minutes ago, PinkPop said:

men and women have different voices

So does a man and another man (?Ā 

ķˆ­ ź¹Œė³“ė©“ ģ–“ź¹€ģ—†ģ“ ģ†Œė¦¬ģ§ˆėŸ¬ģ™€

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
James Gibson

I endorse it, there's really no need to split it (just like in acting awards).

I think it's better to hand out awards for its music genre: pop, rock, rap etcĀ (or in film/tv categories for drama, comedy, limited) where these categories actually matter when selecting the best of the year since its totally different styles of bodies of work to judge. Judging by someone's gender is truly unreasonable

Grammys: exists without gender

Y'all: ??!?!?! how what where when why!!! women are over

Ā 

Just now, neptugne said:

Grammys: exists without gender

Y'all: ??!?!?! how what where when why!!! women are over

Ā 

But grammys are divided by genre and we know women are always relegated to the Pop categories

2 minutes ago, Runway said:

But grammys are divided by genre and we know women are always relegated to the Pop categories

*Golden Hour*

*H.E.R.*

*By The Way, I Forgive You*

*Invasion Of Privacy*

Ā 

Just now, Runway said:

Cardi won best rap album, Kacey won best country/AOTY, lots of R&B female winsĀ :derpga:Ā I know what you mean but it depends on the people in charge of nominations/voting ig

1 minute ago, Enzo said:

*Golden Hour*

*H.E.R.*

*By The Way, I Forgive You*

*Invasion Of Privacy*

Ā 

Ā 

1 minute ago, neptugne said:

Cardi won best rap album, Kacey won best country/AOTY, lots of R&B female winsĀ :derpga:Ā I know what you mean but it depends on the people in charge of nominations/voting ig

these are not pop albums, women who make pop music are already at disadvantage with their male counterparts

2 minutes ago, Runway said:

Ā 

these are not pop albums, women who make pop music are already at disadvantage with their male counterparts

Of course pop albums by women are nominated in pop categories lol

Last year Shawn was the only male nominated in Best Pop Vocal Album, the rest all women (?Ā 

1 minute ago, Enzo said:

Of course pop albums by women are nominated in pop categories lol

Last year Shawn was the only male nominated in Best Pop Vocal Album, the rest all women (?Ā 

Because "pop vocal album" and "pop solo performance" are just code word for femaleĀ music, if they removed the pop categories, no pop girl would win at all

Thomas P
6 minutes ago, Runway said:

? From my recollection, Ariana, Adele, Taylor, Gaga, etc. Have all Won Pop Vocal album in the last decade.Ā 

Taylor and Adele (with Pop albums) have both won AOTY too

Iā€™m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Anderson123

The Grammys used to have a ā€œBest Pop Vocal Performanceā€, then went to have Female and Male. I feel like theyā€™re gonna go back to just one category as well.Ā 

Edit: holy **** they already did since 2012.Ā 

Thomas P

Some people in hereĀ :saladga:

Removing gendered awards pushes society forward. Gender neutrality is vital in these award shows cause they serve as a microcosm of actual society.Ā 

:lolly: anywaysĀ 

Iā€™m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

1 minute ago, Thomas P said:

? From my recollection, Ariana, Adele, Taylor, Gaga, etc. Have all Won Pop Vocal album in the last decade.Ā 

Of course they have, Grammys made a whole "Pop" category so they don't have to award them in the general fieldĀ :duck:Ā 

Ā 

2 minutes ago, Thomas P said:

Ā 

Taylor and Adele (with Pop albums) have both won AOTY too

They are a minority and also the best selling albums of their respective years

Regina George

Yā€™all sound like youā€™re all for it but I think itā€™ll change once male artists dominate those awards and win everythingĀ :)Ā Excited to see meltdowns of hose who are for this..Ā 

Archived