Gaga & Beyonce are the biggest and best artists

LeJudas

Featured Posts

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
adamsenigma
4 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

It depends how you define "best." When people say Gaga's the best, it tends to be because she can do just about anything - sing, write, dance, play, act. But when people say Beyonce's the best, I've noticed it tends to be a reference to her performance ability and not much else. These same people have even said that they know she doesn't write all her own material or play an instrument, but the performance ability is next level, so it makes up for all that. Personally, I think that there are plenty of artists out there much better than Beyonce but because they don't have that same level of performance ability, many don't take me seriously. When did your performance ability matter more than your actual music quality? That's the question I really want answered. What if a singer had no limbs at all but produced the best music ever created and sang like an angel? Are they not the best singer because they can't dance? The very notion is absurd to me and I think we only created this impossible premise because Beyonce's PR convinced us that putting on a show was the same/better than putting out good music. I think Gaga can do everything Beyonce can and more so to put Beyonce in her ball park has never made sense to me. Pink can do more than Beyonce and she's not frequently touted as one of the best. It just goes to show what PR can give you.

This post sums up what I've just said above. Music should be about the actual music first and foremost, not how it's performed. In terms of actual artistry, seeing as Beyonce isn't responsible for most of it, she shouldn't even be up there. If it was best performer, it would be a whole lot more acceptable. But calling Beyonce an artist is rather laughable to me and an insult to those who actually are responsible for the majority of their output. And for what its worth, Beyonce's voice hasn't been good for a long time. Maybe it's the smoking or maybe she just doesn't see the point in putting effort into her vocals anymore but her voice has been rough since 2013 and her technique is pretty bad and leads to her shouting a lot. And its not these smaller artists fault that they don't have the money put behind them to have enough exposure to warrant a stadium tour. Goodness knows how many artists there are out there who could out-perform Beyonce but we'll never know because they don't have label support and exposure.

She does play a bit of piano tho

16 minutes ago, Animal Claws said:

Yes, and that's a fact :trollga:

so....... Beyonce cant be classified as artist because she "doesn't write" apparently yet you feel like Rihanna is the BIGGEST artist with Gaga... :trollga:

Gimme More

:ladyhaha::ladyhaha: just no, the amount of bias.

Legendary tier:

Michael Jackson

Madonna

Mariah Carey

Britney Spears

Whitney Houston

Prince 

Gaga is not really on the legend tier yet for me, but give her time and we'll see :)

all of the people mentioned each have 20+ years experience and have impacted music in a huge way and to have a career and massive fanbase after 20 years + is amazing!

#JusticeForBritney ♡

imitalian

People saying Adele, her legacy is literally the heartbroken girl. Nothing else.

Yes, she sold 3583835368648864 billion records, but that's it. 

Gaga, yesss! But a certain artist likes to replace Beyoncé in that list:hor:

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8975b74ff737660135702

What you want Lady Gaga🥂 What you want with Christina🥂

3 hours ago, PACGAGA said:

y'all just be saying whatever at this point...

It's great she's managing to play simple chords now. First I've seen - I wouldn't know because I don't follow her, this is recent as hell

54 minutes ago, Gimme More said:

Legendary tier:

Michael Jackson

Madonna

Mariah Carey

Britney Spears

Whitney Houston

Prince 

Gaga is not really on the legend tier yet for me, but give her time and we'll see :)

all of the people mentioned each have 20+ years experience and have impacted music in a huge way and to have a career and massive fanbase after 20 years + is amazing!

True, but Gaga has done so much more legendary stuff than Britney and is highly respected in the industry at this point. Britney just opened the door in my eyes

StrawberryBlond
4 hours ago, Tyler Henry said:

Ok This statement is laughable lmao. Beyonce literally has the best technique of singing of this generation. it's funny how you say  she "shouts" but never even talk about Gaga's high larynx and straining in the 5th octave. Your statement is not only biased and false, it's also hypocritical. The only thing that has happened to Bey's voice is that it has matured like all mezzo-sopranos her age do. she still has the same technique and range. please stop the hating.

She was better back in the day. But since 2013, she's let her vocals go on the slide. I used to think of Beyonce as The Voice. But she doesn't seem to be as bothered with great vocals anymore, knowing it's not really what's in high demand anymore and is trying to be more modern with her approach. She basically shouts "halo" over and over when she sings it now and she's all out of tune and no one seems to notice and acts like it's so amazing. Gaga may not be perfect but I find her warm vocals so much more listenable than Beyonce's and she can sing in different ways too, Beyonce always sounds like herself no matter what style she chooses. It's not bias, it's a mixture of what my ears like to hear and preference.

2 hours ago, adammonroe said:

She does play a bit of piano tho

I know, but she can't do it like Gaga does. There must be a reason she doesn't do it in concert, probably because she doesn't feel confidence to play amazingly every night. Adele herself once said that she's "such a snail on the piano" that she prefers not to play instruments live. Beyonce's probably the same. But this clip, is good, I'll give her that.

Gimme More
1 hour ago, Rio said:

True, but Gaga has done so much more legendary stuff than Britney and is highly respected in the industry at this point. Britney just opened the door in my eyes

i don't want to argue, but honestly Britney has had SO many more iconic moments! In my personal opinion it is insane to think Gaga has had more iconic moments than the Princess of Pop.

Britney has inspired SO many artists, including Gaga. 

Lets just leave it at that we both have different opinions, i respect your opinion:) plus Gaga and Brit are fans of eachother so i don't think they'd want to be pitted against and argued over.

#JusticeForBritney ♡

They are household names for sure but still below legends such as Paul McCartney, Madonna,Mariah. They'll probably get there one day.

TheRoof
2 hours ago, Gimme More said:

Legendary tier:

Michael Jackson

Madonna

Mariah Carey

Britney Spears

Whitney Houston

Prince 

so does Beyonce tho :confused:

Gimme More
2 minutes ago, MarlonBrando7 said:

so does Beyonce tho :confused:

unfortunately i find her overrated, but that's just my opinion :)

but if you like her and put her to standard that's fair enough, i just personally don't regard her that highly :selena:

#JusticeForBritney ♡

5 minutes ago, Hades said:

They are household names for sure but still below legends such as Paul McCartney, Madonna,Mariah. They'll probably get there one day.

Gaga is definitely house hold legend icon name. People know her everywhere

Archived