• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Suspiria said:

This image is cancelled for unnecessary editing her flawless pink wig:gaysia:

I know, that's why I picked it :laughga:

xoxo Craig
2 minutes ago, gagzus said:

the v magazine blackface issue and the pic of her with fans in blackface maybe?

Gaga has never worn blackface. And the other pic is not with fans but people partaking in a racist festival... she looks very uncomfortable.

End Racism Now

6 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

Inform me if I am at all wrong, but what is the issue with those lyrics?

“Chola” is a stereotype, “orient” can be used as a slur if it’s describing people, and “transgendered life” is similar to calling someone a “transgender” rather than a “transgender person,” it’s taking the human out of it, as someone would say. 

5 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

Gaga has never worn blackface. And the other pic is not with fans but people partaking in a racist festival... she looks very uncomfortable.

Her v magazine photo shoot with her extreme tan whether we like it or not is definitely black face even if it’s without intention and im sure if she looked back on it now she’d see how problematic it was. She was tanned so much she was almost as dark as Lupita is and the fact it was for “artistic expression and vision” makes it even more problematic because it furthers the idea that as a white person she can just get rid of the tan afterwards and not have to face black struggles.

Yes I know it was a commentary on the extreme tan situation amongst reality tv stars in 2009, but in hindsight it is problematic and I’m glad she’s never been that dark since tan wise.

LilyLark
45 minutes ago, gagzus said:

the v magazine blackface issue and the pic of her with fans in blackface maybe?

You might want to edit that post for the wording...it comes off like Gaga did it, when she absolutely has never done such a thing, and not the two people next to her in a group photo. It's still bad, but there's a huge difference between someone wearing brownface/blackface and standing near someone who is doing it but not wearing it oneself. Not to mention if it's even legitimate, Gaga looked incoherent and coked out and probably wasn't having the  best judgment that she should walk away instead of being in a group photo with two problematic men.  For example, the women without make up standing near Justin Truedeau f*cked up...but  not nearly as bad as Justin himself in that now infamous photo of him. Also, the picture of Gaga with those two problematic fans/men in that group picture...I don't think it's ever been verified. I'm old enough to remember when it was in the tabloids 9 or so years ago, and I remember the wording was that she "allegedly" was in a group pic with those two men. It was at some gay club where plenty of people dressed up as her too, and they had mud wrestling and scat fetishes (and some people even say those guys weren't even doing brownface as bad as it looks, but smeared mud from wrestling...but who knows...).

The V magazine cover was not blackface. She had an extreme Jersey Shore tan, which was common back in '09-'10. Some dumb as*s fans, who think they are "edgy," keep circulating that old cover shoot though which has been edited to make her tan look even darker.

although it’s not a cancelled moment there was that whole thing during the Joanne era where she spoke finally about Black Lives Matter and people told her she was uneducated and she had that speech at the tour where she said she wasn’t an idiot and she was aware she was a white woman telling black fans to love themselves etc

DWUW is probably her biggest moment but she rectified it somewhat by taking it off streaming platforms and releasing a statement against R.Kelly

Just now, gagzus said:

Her v magazine photo shoot with her extreme tan whether we like it or not is definitely black face even if it’s without intention and im sure if she looked back on it now she’d see how problematic it was. She was tanned so much she was almost as dark as Lupita is and the fact it was for “artistic expression and vision” makes it even more problematic because it furthers the idea that as a white person she can just get rid of the tan afterwards and not have to face black struggles.

Yes I know it was a commentary on the extreme tan situation amongst reality tv stars in 2009, but in hindsight it is problematic and I’m glad she’s never been that dark since tan wise.

That's clearly just a horrible tan

D_onVQfXYAAwKVn.jpg

LilyLark
6 minutes ago, gagzus said:

Sis No. Dark tans are an issue, but it is definitely not black face to be deeply tanned. I'm glad she doesn't do it anymore, but it wasn't uncommon back then to have an Ariana style Jersey Shore tan. There's a vast difference between being a culture vulture, like the Kardashians and arguably Ariana, and straight up black face.

DonatellaPop
17 minutes ago, Borislshere said:

The vomit thing during SXSW 

article-2581496-1C4DEB2100000578-729_634

Dementor Lovato at it again, hoping onto every issue to seem 'woke' :flop:

https://blacklivesmatter.com/

Archived