politics

Canada Tax Plans For Elections: Party Comparison

Economy

Featured Posts

11 minutes ago, Economy said:

Do u know what a tax credit is? :air:

thats giving back money they payed in taxes during maternity leave

this plan is to GIVE them money back not take away :rip:

i prefers Trudeaus proposal in that aspect tho cuz his plan is to not tax income during maternity leave at all so u get the savings immediately and dont have to wait for a credit during tax time plus it makes all the paper work simpler

but still, the conservative plan is still a positive change to put more money in pockets of new parents vs how things work now. Its just not AS positive a change as the Liberal plan

The Conservative plan will give new parents a tax credit during income tax season based on income to give back some of the taxes payed while the Liberal plan wont charge them taxes at all and they dont have to wait to tax season to calculate their benefits

Both parties are helping new parents with their plans. But the Liberals would be to a greater degree than the Conservatives

ahh ok!! in Hebrew it named different :laughga:

but I guess it's only for straight people?

"There could be 99 toilets in a house, and it's my house" - River, 2021
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Economy
38 minutes ago, River said:

ahh ok!! in Hebrew it named different :laughga:

but I guess it's only for straight people?

I guess in most cases?

its for parental leave after a kids birth. So in most cases yeah that would apply to straight couples :awkney:

i dont think this applies for adoptions because theres no parental leave for that and in cases of serogate mothers for gay couples i dont know how that works

1 minute ago, Economy said:

I guess in most cases?

its for parental leave after a kids birth. So in most cases yeah that would apply to straight couples :awkney:

i dont think this applies for adoptions because theres no parental leave for that and in cases of serogate mothers for gay couples i dont know how that works

There isn't a maternity leave for fathers?!

Economy
Just now, River said:

There isn't a maternity leave for fathers?!

Thats called paternaty leave. If both parents take leave tho they have to divide the time.

But im saying i dont know how it works in the cases of serogate mothers. I dont know if by law it counts as an adoption when it comes to birth benefits or if its the same. I just dont know how it works

so gay couples that have their kids thru another mother i dont know if that has any impact or not

Just now, Economy said:

Thats called paternaty leave. If both parents take leave tho they have to divide the time.

But im saying i dont know how it works in the cases of serogate mothers. I dont know if by law it counts as an adoption when it comes to birth benefits or if its the same. I just dont know how it works

so gay couples that have their kids thru another mother i dont know if that has any impact or not

I see, so their proposal needs to address it imo, it can lead into a discrimination between parents..

Economy
8 minutes ago, River said:

I see, so their proposal needs to address it imo, it can lead into a discrimination between parents..

Yeah

but thats if it doesnt already include them. It might for all i know

this is only eliminating the tax on the benefit its not making changes on the benefit itself

so if the maternaty/paternity benefits already apply to gay couples kids thru donors this tax benefit would apply as well

15 minutes ago, Economy said:

Yeah

but thats if it doesnt already include them. It might for all i know

this is only eliminating the tax on the benefit its not making changes on the benefit itself

so if the maternaty/paternity benefits already apply to gay couples kids thru donors this tax benefit would apply as well

ok this is interesting actually, but is it coming for your employer or the country?

Economy
40 minutes ago, River said:

ok this is interesting actually, but is it coming for your employer or the country?

Parental leave benefits in Canada are payed by government i believe

8 minutes ago, Economy said:

Parental leave benefits in Canada are payed by government i believe

So it's not that bad actually, as long as there's no hidden thing inside, but can the economy survive it?

Economy
33 minutes ago, River said:

So it's not that bad actually, as long as there's no hidden thing inside, but can the economy survive it?

Survive what? The removal of taxes on it?

Economy
14 hours ago, Born To Slay said:

I gotta say, as a progressive, I’d have to go with the Left Wing party. 

I think theyd totally stiffle businesa investment here tho and backfire

the taxes they propose are too high

Born To Slay
1 hour ago, Economy said:

I think theyd totally stiffle businesa investment here tho and backfire

the taxes they propose are too high

Honestly, it could stifle business investment to a degree, I really like they’re spending proposals and it seems like they’d create a lot of jobs. For example, they’re promising 300,000 new jobs in clean energy. On top of that promising a lot of infrastructure spending which could create even more jobs. So it seems they have spending priorities that could stimulate the economy. 

Economy
32 minutes ago, Born To Slay said:

Honestly, it could stifle business investment to a degree, I really like they’re spending proposals and it seems like they’d create a lot of jobs. For example, they’re promising 300,000 new jobs in clean energy. On top of that promising a lot of infrastructure spending which could create even more jobs. So it seems they have spending priorities that could stimulate the economy. 

Those jobs are dependant on public spending fueled by tax dollars tho which must be taken out of the private sector. If investment drops its a problem

The reason i have an issue is that when u add Provincial taxes, the top income tax rates in some Provinces already reaches 50% of a little above. Provinces generally tax more than US States so these Federal Numbers make Canadian taxes seem really low but they are higher than this would imply

after trumps tax cuts our effective taxes when u add provinces is already slightly above the US and therefore were at a competitive disadvantage 

im just worried that were at a line and threahold that if taxes go up any higher the impact on investment could be significant 

JustinTrudeau
On 9/22/2019 at 1:21 PM, Economy said:

Trudeau hasnt said much on taxes yet hence why little is there

Too busy making relatable posts on Snapchat. Good bye blackface, hello dog face.

I fell down the stairs once as an actor.

Archived