Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Unpopular Music Opinions: Round 2 (or 5)

Notget

Featured Posts

Let's start :ally:

I don't really like Aretha Franklin's voice

Amy Winehouse was decent but I never understood why she overshadows other artists who had similar style before

KatieJudasGaga4

I always thought Mariah Carey had a better singing voice than Whitney Houston (even before I became a fan of Mariah), but both are vocal legends. 

I don’t understand the hype for MJ’s music no shade... like I listened to all his albums but nothing resonated with me. Perhaps because I didn’t grow up with it but idk.

💋 𝕊𝕥𝕖𝕡 𝕐𝕒 ℂ𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕚𝕖𝕤 𝕌𝕡💋🍪

Blackout19

Britney Spears is a legend.

Selena Gomez is a great artist.

Blackout is the best pop album.

Drake is hot. 😂

Marilyn Monroe is my best friend.

whocares
1 hour ago, Notget said:

Amy Winehouse was decent but I never understood why she overshadows other artists who had similar style before

I don’t think there’s another popular artist from the 21st century (so far) that we all witnessed slowly deteriorate in front of our eyes. It was the pain. The authenticity of her music. She was basically a walking corpse. It’s heartbreaking. 

I was thinking about an unpopular opinion and I know I have a lot of them but couldn’t think of one. So I’m just going to add something about Amy Winehouse. I personally have a hard time (as of this moment) calling any artist from the millennium (including Gaga) a legend besides Amy Winehouse.

ear condom

There isn't a single song that I like from Katy Perry's discography (I've always found her irrelevant)

Sometimes LG's interludes seem more exciting than the songs she performs; for example, the rhino one, pure eccentric madness which we don't see in her music as of late.

Glamourpuss
4 minutes ago, Mordred said:

There isn't a single song that I like from Katy Perry's discography (I've always found her irrelevant)

I agree for the most part but I like Teenage Dream and have a soft spot for Hot N Cold.

voidfigure

I don't understand why Old Town Road became a hit, because it's a cringey, noisy mess that sounds like it was thrown together in 2 minutes. 

Nothing Breaks Like A Heart is a great song. 

Bad Kids is a great song. 

Imagine Dragons' last album is painful to listen to

KatieJudasGaga4
Just now, voidfigure said:

I don't understand why Old Town Road became a hit, because it's a cringey, noisy mess that sounds like it was thrown together in 2 minutes. 

Nothing Breaks Like A Heart is a great song. 

Bad Kids is a great song. 

Imagine Dragons' last album is painful to listen to

I agree with all of this (somewhat the first one), but the last one is a BIG NO. :triggered:

other artists comparable to any that you think did it better? I think her sound was very unique at the time 2004 Frank era She was a jazz singer straight jazz hip hop cross she even says in an interview there aren’t a lot of people doing what she’s doing. Have you listened to that album start to finish? Really rich and rewarding album I almost like it more than back to black. 

voidfigure
44 minutes ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

I agree with all of this (somewhat the first one), but the last one is a BIG NO. :triggered:

Unfortunately it was a big disappointment to me, they got way too commercial and I like 3 songs only off the album

Archived