💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

HANA: HAS heard (Songs from) LG6

SeasonOfTheWitch

Featured Posts

13 minutes ago, Madling said:

I'm kind of surprised Mark has had nothing to do with this album. I know he's been busy with his own release but she seemed to love working with him

Me too, at least in the writing aspect. Oh well, we'll see!

3 points in and ready for more

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Blue Jeans
35 minutes ago, Timmers said:

Who is she and why do we care? Fill me in

Producer, Singer/Songwriter. She's dating Bloodpop who is working on LG6, she is rumoured to be involved with LG6 along with Grimes. And she's Gaga's friend, she also Djayed for Haus Labs event.

Destiny is for losers. It’s just a stupid excuse to wait for things to happen instead of making them happen

SeasonOfTheWitch
46 minutes ago, moonboywow said:

Old joke. Boring joke. Of course she's started on the damn album. Jfc

Old and boring enough for you to be the first reply. 

HausOfMiklaus
41 minutes ago, gypsy101 said:

i liked a lot of his stuff on Joanne but honestly don’t feel like i need anymore work from the two of them together

I actually think Ronson was the limiting factor in that record (and I love Joanne), but I feel like he didn’t have a distinct direction with the production that could’ve pulled it to new heights. With the rumored team for LG6 (Bloodpop, Boyz Noise, Sophie) you can kind of imagine the sort of project she’s going for and Bloodpop can just go bonkers with it.

7 minutes ago, HausOfMiklaus said:

I actually think Ronson was the limiting factor in that record (and I love Joanne), but I feel like he didn’t have a distinct direction with the production that could’ve pulled it to new heights. With the rumored team for LG6 (Bloodpop, Boyz Noise, Sophie) you can kind of imagine the sort of project she’s going for and Bloodpop can just go bonkers with it.

I think that was Bloodpop.

He brought a kind of squeaky-clean pop production that watered down the organic live instrumentation that Mark was probably going for.

Joanne could’ve been a great folksy singer-songwriter album (that’s clearly the direction they were going for) if most songs hadn’t been produced with such pop sensibilities.

I love the end product and I think the fusion of pop and folk/country works in some places, but it also works against some songs by giving them a robotic and washed out production while they should’ve had a more rock or folk type of feel.

alextruper17
42 minutes ago, Blue Jeans said:

Producer, Singer/Songwriter. She's dating Bloodpop who is working on LG6, she is rumoured to be involved with LG6 along with Grimes. And she's Gaga's friend, she also Djayed for Haus Labs event.

Omg. So that's why Grimes has been teasing LG6?

Gaga feat Hana feat Grimes?

We appreciate power

Miss Americana & The Heartbreak Prince

SPARTACUS
4 hours ago, moonboywow said:

Old joke. Boring joke. Of course she's started on the damn album. Jfc

Calm down, boo.  We're so close to LG6's release - we didn't come this far to lose our marbles now. tumblr_phwvskJkIJ1xmo1c7o1_75sq.gif

-𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐌𝐀™

SPARTACUS
3 hours ago, Blue Jeans said:

Oooh thanks for the deets!

-𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐌𝐀™

She said on instastories that she was gonna try out Haus Labs on her twitch the Wednesday(? ) Morning. Did anyone catch that?

"She's an intellectual, your honor"

Stephen
3 hours ago, ARTGOD said:

He brought a kind of squeaky-clean pop production that watered down the organic live instrumentation that Mark was probably going for.

Joanne could’ve been a great folksy singer-songwriter album (that’s clearly the direction they were going for) if most songs hadn’t been produced with such pop sensibilities.

I love the end product and I think the fusion of pop and folk/country works in some places, but it also works against some songs by giving them a robotic and washed out production while they should’ve had a more rock or folk type of feel.

Ok so I have had this same train of thought for a while but I’m not so sure anymore. Imagine Dancin in Circles with more Mark and less Blood. I’m not sure it would be any better :messga: (sorry DIC stans). I bring this song up because it’s the MOST “pop” / trendy song on the record, not just production wise but lyrically and melodically. I think that the real issue perhaps was Gaga herself not committing to the folk/country genre enough. In some songs it feels absolute and in others it sounds like she can’t decide what the album wants to be. I would suspect this is because she was afraid to alienate her core fans by completely abandoning pop sensibilities and songwriting, so she tried to find this happy medium.

And then there’s another side of me that thinks - well maybe it wasn’t an artistic compromise. Maybe she genuinely wanted to find this harmonious hybrid of pop and country/folk/etc. And maybe to some people, including herself, she did that successfully. Art is subjective right?  :gum:

3 hours ago, ARTGOD said:

also the  mixing is completely ruined in some songs. Prime examples being Perf Illusion and Diamond Heart. Probably the song that really worked between the two was A-yo.

Felix Jens

I don’t believe her.

They’re  just told to do so.

I’m convinced that there’s no LG6 ready yet.

The Melody That Ü Choose ,Can Rescue Ü

33 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Ok so I have had this same train of thought for a while but I’m not so sure anymore. Imagine Dancin in Circles with more Mark and less Blood. I’m not sure it would be any better :messga: (sorry DIC stans). I bring this song up because it’s the MOST “pop” / trendy song on the record, not just production wise but lyrically and melodically. I think that the real issue perhaps was Gaga herself not committing to the folk/country genre enough. In some songs it feels absolute and in others it sounds like she can’t decide what the album wants to be. I would suspect this is because she was afraid to alienate her core fans by completely abandoning pop sensibilities and songwriting, so she tried to find this happy medium.

And then there’s another side of me that thinks - well maybe it wasn’t an artistic compromise. Maybe she genuinely wanted to find this harmonious hybrid of pop and country/folk/etc. And maybe to some people, including herself, she did that successfully. Art is subjective right?  :gum:

We can’t really know why she chose to produce the album in such a way.

I lean more on the side that she tried to make a folk record but didn’t want to alienate her fans so she gave it pop production.

I wanna think it was a genuine attempt at fusing pop and folk/rock/country, but few songs sound like they were conceived as pop/country fusions, most of the album sounds like it was originally written and recorded as purely folk or country and then was neutered by forcing it through a pop filter.

Songs like Diamond Heart, Perfect Illusion and Come To Mama could’ve been even better if they didn’t have such washed out and kinda lifeless production. Diamond Heart for example sounds like it wants to be a rock song really bad but the production just doesn’t wanna get loud and abrasive to make it work.

I think the best spots of the album are where the production isn’t as neutered and the songs sound more true to the genre she’s making e.g. Joanne, Sinner’s Prayer, Million Reasons.

I see Joanne as a good folk/singer-songwriter album hindered by inappropriate production that tries to make it sound poppier than it should’ve.

The only songs that sound like an attempt at genre fusion are John Wayne and Ayo, that is 2 of 13 songs, so if the entire album was attempting to fuse pop and folk/country then it really failed in my opinion.

Archived