other

Katy Perry releases slightly homophobic shoe

Supersonic

Featured Posts

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Prismatic Light

Homophobic? This?  :sharon:  Some people try so hard to talk **** on Katy Perry and describe her as a bad person and it's... Pathetic at this point. You all are really running out of ideas to hate on her, aren't you? :fail:regular show haters gonna hate GIF

4 hours ago, Sneaky said:

B*tch, don't even try it. EVERY SHOE of this shape is named like this. Not just this color variation.

Next!

https://www.dsw.com/en/us/product/katy-perry-sissy-pump/449221

And its named after her sister, nonetheless.

Also... THIS,exactly, but people here probably can't read and just prefer to judge without knowing s*it i guess :oprah:regular show haters gonna hate GIF

Be kind 🧡

Tiny Purse

omg im dying. how can her team be so dumb? after the black face shoe scandal? even if you don't find this offensive, its so obviously a bad idea. literally name it anything else. 

4 hours ago, Supersonic said:

EE5249WXkAEqvr_?format=jpg&name=large

Miss Perry just revealed her new shoe line on QVC and the extravagant rainbow-colored pump is named "The Sissy", after the pejorative term for flamboyant feminine gay men. :emma:

I guess you didn’t know that us gay people have taken that word back and turned it into a positive, especially on RuPaul’s Drag Race. I’m so sick of people looking for something to be triggered by just to get attention. Katy loves gay people, get over it.

BlingNotTheMusic
11 hours ago, xoxo Craig said:

No its not :air:    Its literally a shoe with the rainbow on it... sissy isn't homophobic, and the shoe wasn't made to offend anyone. Y'all should be happy than a LGBT ally like Katy is putting out something to support the community 

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/homophobic-language-out-sports_n_58f8cf66e4b06b9cb9146759

Sissy has a long history of being a derogatory/homophobic term. But go off :huntyga:

ltlmnstr

She could’ve easily avoided this if she renamed just this one shoe as an exclusive...

Calling all her heels in this shape sissy tho...

Sissy heels sounds even worse than this rainbow one to me 

“Only sisses wear sissy heels”

Also, just because RuPaul reclaimed the slur doesn’t mean the slur is reclaimed for everyone.

Call me a sissy and my heels will show you what Stiletto means.

RuPaul’s armchair psychology reeks of self promotion at the tragedy of others.

TheQueenEnthusiast

Even if this model of a shoe named "Sissy" came out before this specific shoe, her marketing team or PR team or whoever is in charge REALLY needs to reevaluate what they put in the market and the names they give them. This is like the 2nd or 3rd time they do something like this LMAOO.

oh my… the Whole thing is tragic

The twiter account, the exasperated GGD user, the name of the collection, the design. Ban, ban, bang

:gaycat:, now this is how you do sissy. Yall better try again

Archived