Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Lady Gaga Recorded Telephone ten Years ago Today

27monster27

Featured Posts

8 hours ago, AJRocketMan said:

I think she recorded it eleven years ago. Look at her hairstyle when she's wearing the black t-shirt and the trucker hat, which was her hair back when she sang at the 2008 Winter Music Conference. They recorded this video in two totally different time periods (early 2008 and late 2009).

You mean dance, hunty. All of his songs are pop.

No, I mean he can make hip hop and rnb cross into pop really well! His work with Destiny’s Child, for instance. His work is all pop, but I mean he finds the cross segments of traditionally black genres and is good at bringing pop to them. I think him and Timberland are definitely responsible for that 2000s wave of urban elements being in pop.

1 hour ago, Ziggy said:

That’s possible and kind of a bummer if that’s the case because I think Telephone has such an interesting and unique production to it what with the rings and beeps. I think that really elevates the song beyond “just a bop”. She does seem a bit uncomfortable in this video.

Since it was written with him, I’m curious how fruitful the collaboration was earlier on or if it was just to the final version. It’s also curious since she wanted Bey on it to make it a single (which tbh probably came together because Darkchild has a history with Beyonce); she had to work hardest to get the song back for the album and then also wanted it a single. I’m curious what her headspace was like for that because she could have just left it if she didn’t like how it turned out.

As unique as it’s production is it’s probably got the most aged sound on TFM tbh it sounds very 2000s hip-hop meets pop. I think what might have happened is he might’ve garnered more rights to the song than Gaga had (specifically the master) and perhaps the only way for her to get it back was to re-record the whole song again. Also it may have been stressful since the song was the last song finished before the album dropped by like 2 weeks I think which was probably stressful for her at the time since she was organising s solo tour after the Kanye one died because of the VMAs.

55 minutes ago, gagzus said:

As unique as it’s production is it’s probably got the most aged sound on TFM tbh it sounds very 2000s hip-hop meets pop. I think what might have happened is he might’ve garnered more rights to the song than Gaga had (specifically the master) and perhaps the only way for her to get it back was to re-record the whole song again. Also it may have been stressful since the song was the last song finished before the album dropped by like 2 weeks I think which was probably stressful for her at the time since she was organising s solo tour after the Kanye one died because of the VMAs.

That’s funny because I think SHICD is the most dated (in terms of production). Just listening to that it’s just some straight pop RnB and actually sounds a little like something Rihanna would have used, in my opinion. I’d put Telephone right after, though. Regardless, those are good points! I’m starting to think that it’s on the album because by that point it was too late to just scrap it and leave it off so she just crunched to finish it and as a result the experience was...less than ideal with Rodney whilst creating it.

I wish we had more videos of her during production from the 2008-2011 era, especially considering that this was where she learned production techniques and became captain of the ship.

Grateful we got even a smidgen of that with 5F2 for Joanne.

3 points in and ready for more

13 hours ago, Talenti said:

giphy.gif

A moment in pop culture was born:diane:

Nnnnn this gif be looking like Gaga the waitress leading Beyoncé to her table 😂😂

angels forever, forever angels

1 minute ago, TheShameMonster said:

Nnnnn this gif be looking like Gaga the waitress leading Beyoncé to her table 😂😂

As she should!:bon: She’s a server, she likes to SERVE!:stalkga::bon:

💋 𝕊𝕥𝕖𝕡 𝕐𝕒 ℂ𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕚𝕖𝕤 𝕌𝕡💋🍪

27monster27
19 hours ago, AJRocketMan said:

I think she recorded it eleven years ago. Look at her hairstyle when she's wearing the black t-shirt and the trucker hat, which was her hair back when she sang at the 2008 Winter Music Conference. They recorded this video in two totally different time periods (early 2008 and late 2009).

I probably should have specified that it was re-recorded.

he/him/his

StarstruckIllusion

You couldn’t tell she hated recording it from that video, that’s for sure

Archived