šŸ’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA šŸ’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Lady Gaga Recorded Telephone ten Years ago Today

27monster27

Featured Posts

LOVE Telephone! One of my top 4 songs from her!Ā :firega:

This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.

I wonder if she's doing this daddy joke to Bobby: Hello hello Bobby, you called, I can't here a thing :derpga:

Ā 

Je ne parle pas franƧais but I can padam if you like

giphy.gif

A moment in pop culture was born:diane:

šŸ’‹ š•Šš•„š•–š•” š•š•’ ā„‚š• š• š•œš•šš•–š•¤ š•Œš•”šŸ’‹šŸŖ

Do we remember why she didnā€™t like working with Darkchild? I feel like I remember something alluding to her not liking the experience but Iā€™d love for her to work with him again since he has such a good touch on the intersections of hip hop, rnb, and pop.

AJRocketMan

I think she recorded it eleven years ago. Look at her hairstyle when she's wearing the black t-shirt and the trucker hat, which was her hair back when she sang at the 2008 Winter Music Conference. They recorded this video in two totally different time periods (early 2008 and late 2009).

1 hour ago, Ziggy said:

Do we remember why she didnā€™t like working with Darkchild? I feel like I remember something alluding to her not liking the experience but Iā€™d love for her to work with him again since he has such a good touch on the intersections of hip hop, rnb, and pop.

You mean dance, hunty. All of his songs are pop.

AJRocketMan
2 hours ago, Lionel Hutz said:

LOVE Telephone! One of my top 4 songs from her!Ā :firega:

I hate that song. It deserves death tbh

KatieJudasGaga4
2 minutes ago, AJRocketMan said:

I think she recorded it eleven years ago. Look at her hairstyle when she's wearing the black t-shirt and the trucker hat, which was her hair back when she sang at the 2008 Winter Music Conference. They recorded this video in two totally different time periods (early 2008 and late 2009).

Nope. They offered the song to Britney Spears in August of 2008. Her team declined it and it was once revealed that this happened in March of 2009 when Darckchild confirmed it was true. Gaga didn't record the song until 2009 *10 years ago) and Beyonce recorded her part in October of 2009.

Smother Em Eh

One of Gagas best songs and collabs.Ā 

An iconic song who gave us a legendary video!Ā 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

Defmix100
8 hours ago, Ziggy said:

I really want to know too, I'd love to hear what they could create together again and Reloaded is one of my favourite songs. He looks like fun to work with in this video and brings a lot of energy. I hope things are okay between those two and it was just the experience of trying to get the song back for herself that she didn't like rather than working with him.

8 hours ago, Ziggy said:

If I remember itā€™s becauseĀ heā€™s rather controlling of the final vision, and is very much one of those male producers who make her uncomfortable in the studio, he probably saw her as one of the plastic popstars who needed him to have a hit

1 hour ago, gagzus said:

If I remember itā€™s becauseĀ heā€™s rather controlling of the final vision, and is very much one of those male producers who make her uncomfortable in the studio, he probably saw her as one of the plastic popstars who needed him to have a hit

Thatā€™s possible and kind of a bummer if thatā€™s the case because I think Telephone has such an interesting and unique production to it what with the rings and beeps. I think that really elevates the song beyond ā€œjust a bopā€. She does seem a bit uncomfortable in this video.

Since it was written with him, Iā€™m curious how fruitful the collaboration was earlier on or if it was just to the final version. Itā€™s also curious since she wanted Bey on it to make it a single (which tbh probably came together because Darkchild has a history with Beyonce); she had to work hardest to get the song back for the album and then also wanted it a single. Iā€™m curious what her headspace was like for that because she could have just left it if she didnā€™t like how it turned out.

Archived