94 members have voted

1. 1. meat dress

• Yes
    • No
    • In The Middle
    • Where is LG6

Featured Posts

Pop Music

After 9 years since this event what are your thoughts on the meat dress as of today 

do you think the idea of wearing raw meat weird and not worth it for the statement gaga was trying to make

or are you more like "Bitch I stan and we all should stan cause we been knew" 

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

Sneaky Oliver

The only weird part about it has always been the way she must have smelled that night :oops:

I’m on my Legacy Act era

tomsches

No... I actually wasn't even surprised by it because I had seen it before. For example on ANTM in 2007 or something:

top-model.jpg

That's why I didn't get why there was so much outrage.

It wasn't weird to me at all. 

I actually think it was a genius piece of performance art through the medium of pop music and fashion - I think if people looked beyond the dress literally as it was and researched on the message behind why Gaga chose to wear it, their perspective might change. Although I totally understand why some people might be triggered, it definitely isn't for everyone. 

you can serve it to me ancient city style...

41 minutes ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

The only weird part about it has always been the way she must have smelled that night :oops:

I think about that a lot, though I assume she was able to cover it up, considering people hugged her, and she sat down in the auditorium seats, so it must not have been wet/smelly 

Dukttape
46 minutes ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

Meat doesn't smell unless it's spoiled. It was butchered a few hours before taping, and they had it on ice in coolers until her last costume change. So no reason to worry.  :oops:

Sorcerer

I'm OK with the dress itself as a form of art :firega:, but I find the connection to the advocacy for "fighting for what you believe in" and against the "don't ask, don't tell" policy a bit weird. Not that the message is wrong (any gender can join the military), but turning her "prime rib of America" speech into a dress is a bit of a reach and was very prone to be misunderstood by people because of its vagueness. :selena: I kinda wished the meat dress had a more discernible advocacy attached to it. But if Gaga didn't have the "don't ask, don't tell" message, there wouldn't be an iconic, legendary art that is the meat dress. So I guess I'm in the middle.

Lilmonzter

I think it was a necessary, as a political message and a  PR stunt, it really caught every single media outlet, a definite pop culture moment, even after her time people are going to discuss that particular moment, its kinda etched in pop culture archives. :firega:

Sing C'est la vie 

Conservative Mom

What are you talking about hunny

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSbx5Hqmn1qV9_mVEuVtQx

Suburban Dweller, Property Owner, Petrol Consumer and Range Shooting Enjoyer

Archived