💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Tove Lo - Sunshine Kitty

AMENiCURE

Featured Posts

This album just cemented Tove in my mind as one of the best pop artists of our generation. She somehow slips under the radar all the time when she always delivers the most well crafted songs, lyrically and production wise. I listened to the whole album once and my only complaint is that it's too short but that might be because a big chunk  of the songs are singles I've already listened to. As a whole, the album is very cohesive and super easy to listen to. The production is really clean and never gets too crowded, being mostly driven by synth and guitar. Don't even get me started on the perfect melodies.  And her lyrics are as poignant and relatable as ever. Standouts to me are obviously all the singles, Stay Over, Mateo, and Anywhere u go. I'll forever stan this queen. Can't really rank her albums cause they're all amazing for different reasons and Sunshine Kitty is no different. Truly a masterpiece from start to finish. :firega:

I don't understand pineapples, so I don't eat bananas.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i made another thread on this cus this wasn't on the front page :duck:

oh well

i loved iiiit, my second favorite tove lo album now :heart: after lady wood

favorite tracks:

bad as the boys, sweetalk my heart, stay over, are u gonna tell her (despite the fact that being brazilian and not a fan of brazilian funk makes me want the track to be solo so so bad), MATEO, shifted, mistaken, anywhere u go

a bunch compared to maybe 2 or 3 from blue lips, it really wasn't my cupoftea, i know it's a lot of people's favorites but it sounds like a lady wood b-side collection for me... i'm sorry :sweat:

stranger and disco tits being the great exception :heart:

and come to think i was really worried with the new sound... maybe she could've picked something different for the announcement single, glad he's gone sent me the wrong direction with this... 

ice heard one side from above

Dominic
15 hours ago, Kylo Ren said:

considering blue lips was lady wood part 2 and sunshine kitty is part 3 it kind of makes sense :ohwell:

SK isnt LW part 3? It's a new concept I thought, I'm sure she said this recently as well in an interview :/

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

nightadieu
5 hours ago, Secret said:

Fav song so far?

Im crying every time I hear Mistaken. It’s such a sad banger

27 minutes ago, nightadieu said:

Im crying every time I hear Mistaken. It’s such a sad banger

Love it. Super relatable

IAmNotHere1997

I like it. It's cute. I'll probably come back here in some time. Her music never instantly punches me, I always need at least a month to fully get into a body of work by her.

Emigrante

I’m so in love with Mateo! Like really! The singles had me expecting the wrong direction from this album and wasn’t fully my cup of tea. But non singles are really what this album is about to me. Lovely!

Mateo reminds me of Stanger in some kind of way. What’s this type of music called? It’a like dark synth pop inspired by 80s music or something. Feels like walking through the totally empty city by night and watching stars. I love this kind of music but cannot really describe the genre of it.

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

Stephen

OK so I don't think it reaches the highest highs of some of her past albums, like there's nothing that can stand up to Disco Tits here, imo. But there are some great songs here and overall I think it's her most consistent body of work. Usually there's a handful of songs on her albums that I barely listen to ever again, but I can see myself listening to this entire thing over and over. It's smooth and consistent. Can't wait for the concert  :sara:

32 minutes ago, Emigrante said:

I’m so in love with Mateo! Like really! The singles had me expecting the wrong direction from this album and wasn’t fully my cup of tea. But non singles are really what this album is about to me. Lovely!

Mateo reminds me of Stanger in some kind of way. What’s this type of music called? It’a like dark synth pop inspired by 80s music or something. Feels like walking through the totally empty city by night and watching stars. I love this kind of music but cannot really describe the genre of it.

Yes! Mateo's the best!!! (not the guy tho...)

it's an atmospheric  type of synthpop with a sad melody 

she's called "the saddest girl in sweden" for making that type of sound since her first record

i think it sounds nostalgic because it's produced by Shellback: colaborator of Britney, Taylor, Ariana, Adele, Pink, Avril, Kesha, Robyn...

ice heard one side from above

Emigrante
3 minutes ago, LanaDelGrant said:

Yes! Mateo's the best!!! (not the guy tho...)

it's an atmospheric  type of synthpop with a sad melody 

she's called "the saddest girl in sweden" for making that type of sound since her first record

i think it sounds nostalgic because it's produced by Shellback: colaborator of Britney, Taylor, Ariana, Adele, Pink, Avril, Kesha, Robyn...

I hear this type of music from various artists like CHVRCHES for example and was always wondering about it.

I would think that Lykke Li would take that spot of saddest girl haha, but Tove also fits well.

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

messybottom

I didn't care for the album much at first, but like every tove lo album it's growing on me like crazy. Hated lady wood and blue lips and now they are among my favorite EVER. The b-side tracks on sunshine kitty are so beautiful. I really can't wait for her to release the songs that didn't make the cut, hopefully as another act or a re-release.

Archived