💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What look from Gaga is the most iconic to the GP?

V e n u s

Featured Posts

Lazz Monster
4 minutes ago, Suspiria said:

There isn't a single article about her that doesn't mention it. Even in prestigious, well written articles, the writers can't help themselves from throwing it in:rip: it's so tired at this point, but the GP clearly will never get over it.

i never said it's not iconic, but the ppl who aren't fashionistas, imo, don't like the meat dress at all

We're far from the Shallow now

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, bxr said:

That play sounds really intriguing and apropos — represent for the stars and gods 🦄🎨

The SBHTS is an ironclad aesthetic foundation, tbh, plus it alludes to The Simpsons episode — which, the Super Bowl and The Simpsons … I mean, the “GP” genome is just strong with that narrative paring of cultural signposts - historically. And, just imo, even if the meat dress is more aligned with a GP snap reaction to “Gaga looks,” the SBHTS had objectively larger reach as far as audience, it’s more recent, and it’s more aligned with Gaga’s current iconography as an artist / cultural figure, namely her evolution / progression since the 2010 VMA (but this is rambling).

That said, feels like there’s potential to kind of elaborate or explore some sartorial subtext with accessories that kind echo some of her other iconic cultural moments (for instance, personally, I think Alexander McQueen has been central to her aesthetic iconography.) … So, I guess, maybe somehow incorporate an element of Plato’s Atlantis / “Bad Romance” (the heels … whew), or, honestly, the red carpet look from the 2010 VMA (the year with the meat dress) has a similar color palette but feels more representative of “art in pop culture,” but idk how that would work with the SBHTS bodysuit (maybe the gold headpiece … but again, I have no idea) … but I guess all of that was just to say, in line with the “art in pop culture” direction, it might be interesting to use the pop culture moment of the SBHTS as a foundation and then use accessories to sort of add the “art in” (or, rather, “on” I guess) flair to develop the look a bit …

But, tbh, none of this could make any sense … so, I guess, top-line takeaway: the SBHTS is a solid go-to, regardless.

I really like your idea on using different key imageries from Gaga. Honestly wish Gaga would do something like that today, ugh.

I'll see what I can do with all these recommendations. The play is two months away — I got a whole lotta brainstormin' to do! 

Franch Toast

For the GP, it's definitely the meat dress. Hands down. I'm not saying that means that they like it or understand the meaning behind it, but it's what a lot of people who don't know her that well associate her with. Recently, I was mentioning to someone that I was going to see Gaga in Vegas this winter, and they said, "Oh, is she the one who wore the meat dress?" I've heard comments like this time and again from the GP. 

Now, that doesn't mean you should wear a meat dress for your play (which sounds super awesome by the way), I'm just saying that for people who don't know her that well, the meat dress is probably the outfit with which they're the most familiar and they'll know who you're dressed as at first glance. 

She/Her/Hers

Blonde wig, hair bow, disco stick, and a leotard with some oragami. Literally everyone will know who you are trying to portray. Bonus points for the fame shades but they're pretty nonfunctional and I don't think you'd be able to do much on the stage with them on

Archived