💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What look from Gaga is the most iconic to the GP?

V e n u s

Featured Posts

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The meat dress for sure, but the fame bangs and sbhs are also iconic.

At the moment, 

0_US-OSCARS-PRESSROOM.jpg

ι'м ρυℓℓιηg үσυя sтяιηgs

JusKeepBreathin

rollingstone.jpg?itok=e6BcGFCX

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Lazz Monster

i honestly think the gp doesn't like the meat dress and would rather it never existed :shrug:

We're far from the Shallow now

JusKeepBreathin
Just now, Lazz Monster said:

i honestly think the gp doesn't like the meat dress and would rather it never existed :shrug:

I must be the GP:ohwell:

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Lazz Monster
1 minute ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

I must be the GP:ohwell:

what do you mean girl? why?

JusKeepBreathin
Just now, Lazz Monster said:

what do you mean girl? why?

Because I hate that meat dress. I don't get it? Explain it to me.

Lazz Monster
2 minutes ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

Because I hate that meat dress. I don't get it? Explain it to me.

she wore it when the "don't ask, don't tell" law was still in effect in the US, which says openly gay people couldn't enlist in the military. She wore the meat dress as a protest to say being gay doesn't make us different, underneath it all, we are all just meat.

the important thing is, the meat she used was never going to be eaten, it was bad quality meat that would have been thrown out anyway, so she didn't wear "food" as some haters say.

JusKeepBreathin
4 minutes ago, Lazz Monster said:

she wore it when the "don't ask, don't tell" law was still in effect in the US, which says openly gay people couldn't enlist in the military. She wore the meat dress as a protest to say being gay doesn't make us different, underneath it all, we are all just meat.

the important thing is, the meat she used was never going to be eaten, it was bad quality meat that would have been thrown out anyway, so she didn't wear "food" as some haters say.

Ok I get it, but it still grosses me out. 

Lazz Monster
3 minutes ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

Ok I get it, but it still grosses me out. 

that's ok, i totally get you :poot:

3 hours ago, V e n u s said:

The play is about the importance of diversity in art and music. I'm Gaga cause I'm supposed to represent art in pop culture. :staymad:

Y'all are crazy to expect me to wear meat.

u just gave me an idea for my performance.

giphy.gif

That play sounds really intriguing and apropos — represent for the stars and gods 🦄🎨

The SBHTS is an ironclad aesthetic foundation, tbh, plus it alludes to The Simpsons episode — which, the Super Bowl and The Simpsons … I mean, the “GP” genome is just strong with that narrative paring of cultural signposts - historically. And, just imo, even if the meat dress is more aligned with a GP snap reaction to “Gaga looks,” the SBHTS had objectively larger reach as far as audience, it’s more recent, and it’s more aligned with Gaga’s current iconography as an artist / cultural figure, namely her evolution / progression since the 2010 VMA (but this is rambling).

That said, feels like there’s potential to kind of elaborate or explore some sartorial subtext with accessories that kind echo some of her other iconic cultural moments (for instance, personally, I think Alexander McQueen has been central to her aesthetic iconography.) … So, I guess, maybe somehow incorporate an element of Plato’s Atlantis / “Bad Romance” (the heels … whew), or, honestly, the red carpet look from the 2010 VMA (the year with the meat dress) has a similar color palette but feels more representative of “art in pop culture,” but idk how that would work with the SBHTS bodysuit (maybe the gold headpiece … but again, I have no idea) … but I guess all of that was just to say, in line with the “art in pop culture” direction, it might be interesting to use the pop culture moment of the SBHTS as a foundation and then use accessories to sort of add the “art in” (or, rather, “on” I guess) flair to develop the look a bit …

But, tbh, none of this could make any sense … so, I guess, top-line takeaway: the SBHTS is a solid go-to, regardless.

Suspiria
8 hours ago, Lazz Monster said:

There isn't a single article about her that doesn't mention it. Even in prestigious, well written articles, the writers can't help themselves from throwing it in:rip: it's so tired at this point, but the GP clearly will never get over it.

Archived