💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Robert Downey Jr. Returning To The MCU In ‘Black Widow'

River

Featured Posts

The iron-clad superhero, who has appeared in 10 films in the ever-expanding franchise, is apparently set to stage a comeback in the forthcoming “Black Widow” prequel starring Scarlett Johansson.

In a Deadline report about this year’s Saturn Award winners, writer Geoff Boucher dropped a bombshell about the actor reprising his role in the long-awaited solo film following super-spy Natasha Romanoff. 

“Robert Downey Jr. will be seen in the role of Stark one more time, however, in the Marvel prequel ‘Black Widow’ in May 2020,” Boucher wrote.

Representatives for Marvel did not immediately respond to HuffPost’s request for comment. 

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/robert-downey-jr-mcu-black-widow_n_5d7fdeb7e4b03b5fc887da50

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

This will be pretty awesome to see, was kind of expecting this.

I hope we still see him throughout Phase 4. There's still a ton of opportunity to in prequels, flashbacks, visions, etc.

I also need Hawkeye tho. :diane:

I wonder if it will be deleted scene from Iron Man :fan:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

They should just stop with bringing him up, I feel like they’re just doing this to attract more viewers to the movie. Hopefully it’s a small role this is Natasha’s moment to SHINE.

This video kinda explains why I’m not totally on board with this I agree with her:huntyga:

Hawkeye will definitely be in the movie, because they have to show what happened in BUDAPEST:giveup:

💋 𝕊𝕥𝕖𝕡 𝕐𝕒 ℂ𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕚𝕖𝕤 𝕌𝕡💋🍪

IllusionLover

I've read that it'll be a deleted scene from Civil War. 

13 | this is my dancefloor i fought for, your voice is louder, it echoes

groundbreaking.gif

Reminds me of Fox shoving Hugh Jackman into as many x-men movies as they could. I get that Iron Man is the most popular (urgh) and to be honest it makes sense to have him in a prequel, but he has just had the loveliest send-off in Endgame, that makes this so unneccesary. 

Like... I get it, considering this is pre-Infinity War/Endgame, and that this could be an opportunity to flesh out the actually interesting dynamic between Tony and Natasha, but... I've never been the biggest fan of Tony, anyway (RDJ did great!). Pleasantly ambivalent to this news.

That said, PLEASE give us an indication that Nat is simply stuck in the Soul Stone or SOMETHING sdlsfkljfsl

3 points in and ready for more

Defmix100
3 hours ago, Talenti said:

They should just stop with bringing him up, I feel like they’re just doing this to attract more viewers to the movie. Hopefully it’s a small role this is Natasha’s moment to SHINE.

This video kinda explains why I’m not totally on board with this I agree with her:huntyga:

Hawkeye will definitely be in the movie, because they have to show what happened in BUDAPEST:giveup:

I don't think they should show what happened, I like inside jokes and back story references which remain unseen because then it feels like it scopes beyond the movies

3 hours ago, Miel said:

Like... I get it, considering this is pre-Infinity War/Endgame, and that this could be an opportunity to flesh out the actually interesting dynamic between Tony and Natasha, but... I've never been the biggest fan of Tony, anyway (RDJ did great!). Pleasantly ambivalent to this news.

That said, PLEASE give us an indication that Nat is simply stuck in the Soul Stone or SOMETHING sdlsfkljfsl

They didn’t need to bring him back because I think it dilutes his sacrifice, they should give Mark Ruffalo a cameo instead because we never got an explanation of why their romance just suddenly disappeared and why she wasn’t phased by the fact he was back on earth after Ragnarok. And it’s doubtful they’ll bring ScarJo back or give her the option to come back since it’s pretty much known at this point that Rachel Weiss’ character Yelina is taking the Black Widow mantle after this film, since it’s just a codname for the students from The Red Room.

ryansamonster
1 hour ago, gagzus said:

They didn’t need to bring him back because I think it dilutes his sacrifice, they should give Mark Ruffalo a cameo instead because we never got an explanation of why their romance just suddenly disappeared and why she wasn’t phased by the fact he was back on earth after Ragnarok. And it’s doubtful they’ll bring ScarJo back or give her the option to come back since it’s pretty much known at this point that Rachel Weiss’ character Yelina is taking the Black Widow mantle after this film, since it’s just a codname for the students from The Red Room.

In Infinity War, Widow was shocked to see Bruce at the Avengers compound - you can see it in her face. It had been years since they’ve seen each other considering Bruce was in space for all that time; I think it kinda explains the romance fizzling. I believe the directors stated there was too much going on in the film and they had to cut their romance out.

If Black Widow takes place after Civil War, a cameo by Bruce would ruin the timeline as he would be in space during that time. 

Florence Pugh is playing Yelena, btws. 😉 And Rachel Weisz is playing Melina, the Iron Maiden. 

OT, in regards to RDJ returning I hope it’s maybe a deleted scene from Civil War or an extension of their last conversation or something like that. 

5 hours ago, ryansamonster said:

In Infinity War, Widow was shocked to see Bruce at the Avengers compound - you can see it in her face. It had been years since they’ve seen each other considering Bruce was in space for all that time; I think it kinda explains the romance fizzling. I believe the directors stated there was too much going on in the film and they had to cut their romance out.

If Black Widow takes place after Civil War, a cameo by Bruce would ruin the timeline as he would be in space during that time. 

Florence Pugh is playing Yelena, btws. 😉 And Rachel Weisz is playing Melina, the Iron Maiden. 

OT, in regards to RDJ returning I hope it’s maybe a deleted scene from Civil War or an extension of their last conversation or something like that. 

Oh sorry I haven’t been keeping up to date with the Black Widow news and stuff properly, just drips and drabs so I couldn’t remember who was who thanks for the clear up :). I think Yelena is definitely the next official “Black Widow” though right? Or am I confused about that too?

And yeah that makes sense, it’s just a shame that we never had a full resolution because I was rooting for them earlier on in the franchise. 

18 minutes ago, gagzus said:

Oh sorry I haven’t been keeping up to date with the Black Widow news and stuff properly, just drips and drabs so I couldn’t remember who was who thanks for the clear up :). I think Yelena is definitely the next official “Black Widow” though right? Or am I confused about that too?

And yeah that makes sense, it’s just a shame that we never had a full resolution because I was rooting for them earlier on in the franchise. 

It's weird, because I think Bruce and Nat could have an interesting dynamic, but AOU was so badly written that it left such a sour taste in my mouth. I get that they tried to kind of gloss over and ignore it, but it's still present whether we like it or not.

And yeah, I'm curious as to how they're gonna move forward with the Black Widow canon in the franchise (I was being facetious about them bringing back Nat post-Endgame, even if by some weird technicality both her and original-Gamora's souls are in the soul stone... I guess?), considering the core of the franchise is going to be different now.

3 points in and ready for more

Reality

If this is true, it's obviously just going to be for a cameo appearance, since I believe that this movie is set post-Civil War, but pre-Infinity War. I doubt (rather, hope) that he's going to have a major role in this.

This is an unpopular opinion, especially for someone who loves Marvel as much as me, but I kind of find the cult surrounding Tony Stark/Iron Man to be very annoying. Like, Iron Man gets a whole ass funeral but Black Widow doesn't? 

🖤👹

ryansamonster
53 minutes ago, gagzus said:

No absolutely! Florence will def carry on the Black Widow mantle. She’s only 22 or 23, so she can put another 10 years into the franchise. Yelena takes over the mantle in the comics as well. I’d prefer Scarlett, but ageism is BS. Of course, all speculation, I’m sure Marvel is anticipating this film being a success. 

Archived