Carly Rae Jepsen - I Want You In My Room MV out tomorrow

Kimmo

Featured Posts

Pop Music

thank god. Finally what she deserves 

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

Azor Ahai
27 minutes ago, Vroom Vroom said:

How is it an indie bop if she is apart of a record label? 

Indie pop has nothing to do with labels though? I'm pretty sure The 1975 and Charli XCX are both considered indie pop and both are on mainstream labels. Same with tons of others

derpmonster
14 minutes ago, Azor Ahai said:

Indie pop has nothing to do with labels though? I'm pretty sure The 1975 and Charli XCX are both considered indie pop and both are on mainstream labels. Same with tons of others

Indie means independent. :awkney: They might have started indie but aren't anymore if they're with labels

Joanne was inspired by some indie folk sounds but isn't indie simply because gaga is a big label artist. 

With Carly, they don't treat her like a big artist so she's still kinda indie :selena: + OP said it was a joke. 

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

Azor Ahai
9 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

Indie means independent. :awkney: They might have started indie but aren't anymore if they're with labels

Joanne was inspired by some indie folk sounds but isn't indie simply because gaga is a big label artist. 

With Carly, they don't treat her like a big artist so she's still kinda indie :selena: + OP said it was a joke. 

According to Wikipedia indie pop is like alternative pop music but even more hipster :ladyhaha:

"Indie pop is a music genre and subculture that combines guitar pop with DIY ethic in opposition to the style and tone of mainstream pop music. It originated from British post-punk in the late 1970s and subsequently generated a thriving fanzine, label, and club and gig circuit"

derpmonster
1 minute ago, Azor Ahai said:

According to Wikipedia indie pop is like alternative pop music but even more hipster :ladyhaha:

"Indie pop is a music genre and subculture that combines guitar pop with DIY ethic in opposition to the style and tone of mainstream pop music. It originated from British post-punk in the late 1970s and subsequently generated a thriving fanzine, label, and club and gig circuit"

Hmmm maybe it's a style that was associated with independent pop artists back then and came to be called that. I've never seen anyone refer to a label artist as indie tho. Like even for games, a game by an independent developer (not with a big game studio) is considered indie. 

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

darkchylde
1 hour ago, Vroom Vroom said:

How is it an indie bop if she is apart of a record label? 

because she's indieviliby underrated

One of my faves on the album, this already looks amazing :firega:

𝕞𝕪 𝕓𝕚𝕘𝕘𝕖𝕤𝕥 𝕖𝕟𝕖𝕞𝕪 𝕚𝕤 𝕞𝕖, 𝕡𝕠𝕡 𝕒 𝟡𝟙𝟙

Archived