Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Gaga x Inez & Vinoodh: “… on set” for PORTER Magazine (2014)

bxr

Featured Posts

Lady Gaga discusses art and sexuality on set | PORTER magazine

Lady Gaga discusses art, sexuality and performs an acoustic version of the title track from her album, ARTPOP, on set of her PORTER magazine Summer 2014 cover shoot.

Shot by Inez and Vinoodh for PORTER in New York on February 20.

Spoiler

I think it’s nice to receive things, with your mind as a blank canvas; the point is that we, receive as a blank canvas, that when you hear something, you allow the art — kind of — to be made for the first time, in a way - that you don’t have to all, view it in the same way.

[“Come to me in all your glamour and cruelty, just do that thing that you do, and I’ll undress you …”]

You know, my sexuality, just doesn’t, play a very big part in my, life — like that; it’s much more, of like an animalistic, pure, thing … and I struggled with understanding it my whole life, because I felt more connected to male artists, more connected to rock n roll, more connected to glam culture.

[“A hybrid can withstand these things, my heart can beat with bricks and string, my ARTPOP could mean anything …”]

Femininity, the way that I learned about it, growing up I just, didn’t feel, comfortable … in it? I mean, like, today, we tried wigs on, and then the ones that were maybe more, girly or pretty, it was like I felt uncomfortable, because that’s just not how I see my music … and there’s a certain power in, ignoring, any sort of pretense about sexual orientation, or gender. it’s so much — like to me, a canvas doesn’t have a gender; so, if you’re a vehicle, you have to … kind of annihilate all of those preconceived notions — but, but some people, are really driven by their sexuality, and it’s part of who they are — it’s just, not for me.

Being a woman is like, it’s a secondary part of my existence. I’m much more concerned, with my consciousness and knowing that: I am my fans, my fans are me, we are each other, all people are connected… and that if one person is sick, the whole world is sick; it’s like, all about compassion and love.

[Piano solo interludes into fade]

(To off-screen figure) “Let’s change …”

This was when I knew that her next album would be 70s folk and country influenced... the Stevie Nicks teas... It was basically "Hey Girl" in photoshoot form! 

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

Archived