Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
interview

RedOne talks about Bad Romance creative process with Gaga

monketsharona

Featured Posts

monketsharona

at 9:20

'My music is all about energy you know. Like seeing people feel this thing. That's what I envision when I do my music. If I'm in a good place of creation this thing comes and I start seeing people singing the song before it's even done. Like 'Oooh Ooooh' in Bad Romance. I remember when we were in a bus. I mean we wrote the song with Gaga in a bus. And I remember when I did the 'Oooh Oooh', I saw a Swedish festival. Because I used to live in Sweden. I got that emotional feeling from a festival where you can see people going like that. And I felt it was perfect. And then a few months later, it comes from a vision, an emotion and then it becomes reality [People singing along 'Ooooh Ooooh']. It's a blessing.'

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
monketsharona

I love when the crowd is singing along the 'ooooh ooooh' from Bad Romance'.

Really a timeless smash made for stadiums

monketsharona
1 minute ago, ViviLittleM said:

Poor him obligated to always speak about his very old collabs 

Just saying but he made history with her. Just like Quincy Jones with Michael Jackson. 

I need another epic catchy hook like that in my life :giveup:

pls Gaga bring it with LG6 :cryga:

月にかわって、おしおきよ!🌙

Guillaume Hamon
Just now, RudraCNG said:

He always seems like such a nice person :kara:

I hope Gaga calls him again before his retirement

Same we know their bops but even when they do slow songs it gives gems like "Angel Down". :) 

Did we just get a confirmation of that famous RedOne quote where he says Gaga is very generous with songwriting credits? I think he said that the ooohoooh part was the only lyric he wrote 

FfFfFfFF

It's so interesting to hear about the way such an iconic and huge hit was made. The fact that the ooohs had another inspiration and were added to the song feels so weird because in my mind the song has always been the way it is from start to finish. Not to say it was such a big hit that it feels weird to think about its actual crafting.

Just to clear things up for recent fans, he means Gaga's Monster Ball Tour bus, not an actual public transport bus, lol

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

GagaUnderYou

He's asked the same questions/giving us the same responses since 2008. Wish people would asked him about Gaga unreleased tracks and if they have plans to work again in the future. What happened to RedOne's debut album? Announcing his retirement? Gaga doing a World Cup track with him? So many better questions to be asked than "what your favourite song of yours?" Obviously Bad Romance which made him rich :firega:

GagaUnderYou
56 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

It's so interesting to hear about the way such an iconic and huge hit was made. The fact that the ooohs had another inspiration and were added to the song feels so weird because in my mind the song has always been the way it is from start to finish. Not to say it was such a big hit that it feels weird to think about its actual crafting.

a different set of oooo'os were removed from the final version around 2:30:

monketsharona
7 minutes ago, GagaUnderYou said:

He's asked the same questions/giving us the same responses since 2008. Wish people would asked him about Gaga unreleased tracks and if they have plans to work again in the future. What happened to RedOne's debut album? Announcing his retirement? Gaga doing a World Cup track with him? So many better questions to be asked than "what your favourite song of yours?" Obviously Bad Romance which made him rich :firega:

Actually he said Just Dance is his favorite song as it was the first one that impacted.

I'm pretty sure he's not allowed to talk about unreleased stuff. In case she decides to use it one day. 

Remember when Madeon said recently everyone's mouth is tied by non-disclosure agreement ?

Archived