💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
performance

Taylor Swift - Lover Fest (UK announced)

Spock

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, StrawberryBlond said:

She's terrified of actually only selling half an arena in a non-English speaking country, so won't do it.

She sold 25k places at this tour only herself in Germany and France:ladyhaha:

14 minutes ago, Glamourpuss said:

What large hit discography. She's got maybe 5 big international hits, tops.

Is Europe world to you? Because she gets hits in Asia, North America and Oceania(About 4.5 billion of world population) since fearless. 

She's dragged Scooter Braun to the pits even though she makes millions off her songs even with reduced royalties (I don't even get why such a super rich singer needs to own their masters anyway

Because it is HER art. It is her blood, sweat and tears. She wrote it's words and emotions. Every artist wanted to own their "work of their life" in history. Nothing new. Everything is not about money.

she's been bringing up her feud with Kanye again in interview (will she ever let that lie?)

"again"?? What was the last time she talked about it in an interview? Never. This was the first time. She talked her side of the story and something we did hear first(2015 mtv and flower thing). 

"if I was a man, I'd be The Man." Yeah, if anything, she gets more egotistical with time. She's really pushing how long we're going to buy this victim narrative.

Victim narrative? Lol. Did you even get the meaning of song or are you a man? Yes it could be easier if she was a man, in that sexist industry or world. But you will call it ego, ı will call it hardness in the industry when only %20 woman are part of total producers of industry, just an example. 

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StrawberryBlond
2 hours ago, Gizem said:

She totally reached. She will play stadiums in Brazil and possibly Mexico according to rumours. 2 biggest market in South America. She already plays at North America. She will play 54k stadium in China, she played stadiums in Japan, she is huge in Asia and able to play at other countries, she played at Oceania(Australia and New zealand) and she can play stadiums at Germany, France, Netherlands and Norvey. In this tour she will play at 25k places in Germany and France, France tickets sold out at a few hour, my friend tried to buy ticket but couldn't. And she is only singer will sing at these 2 dates. Only playes she can't play "stadiums" are small music markets in Europe. 

It is already said she won't add more USA dates so your whole point is wrong. :awkney:

And do you know what made me laugh? After you said she is not big in South America or Asia enough(why she didn't play shows there), she added huge stadiums in Brazil and China(Mexico according to rumours too). 

What will you say now? She is not big ww because she can't add stadiums at Europe? (probably after that huge Europe festival tour, she will be able to and you won't even know what to say, you will probably do tbh) 

My point is that she can't do a whole continent in the same way and as it's a festival, how do you know people are even buying tickets to see her specifically? That's why ticket gross and attendence is never included for those shows.

And I was talking about 2 different tours - this is just a short summer festival tour that she'll do next year. But she's still planning a proper world tour but perhaps in arenas, she confirmed that in an interview. I'm referring to the proper length arena tour she'll announce one day. I think it'll still look the same as her previous tours (almost all NA, a very select few European dates, very small amount of Asian and Oceania dates).

What stadium in China? She's only got Europe, Brazil and 2 NA cites so far.

I've got no doubt she can do it as part of a festival (she did that in London for the 1989 tour) but selling out places in Europe outside the UK and Ireland as a headliner at a stadium gig ain't happening.

2 hours ago, Glamourpuss said:

I don't see it as a victim narrative and I think that's too black and white. I do agree that there was a time when she played up to the victim narrative (the Reputation era). But now I think she's just sticking up for herself. She's not wrong that she would be treated with more respect if she was a man. :shrug:

She has previously mentioned about the narcissists she attracts and Scooter Braun seems to be one of them. I can understand why she wouldn't want him to own her masters based on what I've read about him. Imagine someone you really dislike getting paid a ton of money because of art that you created. I can understand her point of view.

As for Kanye West, why shouldn't she bring that up? She still seems to be hurt by what he did and she's clearly still bothered about his topless depiction of her.  She should be allowed to speak about what's on her mind. I can see why people would think there's malicious intent behind it but I see a woman standing up for herself. 

Sometimes it's easy for people to put a negative spin and come up with their own narratives. It seems like she's constantly fighting against other people's narratives of her. She wouldn't have to explain herself so much if people would just let her live and stop looking for hidden motives and a reason to dislike her all the time. 

But...

taylor swift haters gonna hate GIF

She's still using the same victim narrative rhetoric, though. I don't see anything that's changed in how she operates on that front since Reputation. And if she were a man, I don't think much would change. A man who claims to love every woman he dates and then breaks up with her 3 months later and then makes songs about how it's all her fault and making us guess which girl this song's about and creating some drama around him with every album release would hardly be looked at favourably. Granted, Taylor's not been in that position for years now but there was a time when that was the case, when every album was a heartbreak album.

She attracts narcissists? I think she herself is one. She matches a lot of the symptoms. I still don't get the big deal about the masters. Everyone knows she wrote them and she still earns a ton of money from those songs. She's apparently going to re-record them all anyway, so I don't know what she's still whining about.

She doesn't need to bring up Kanye because she officially put that story to rest 2 years ago. Nothing's happened regarding it since so what has she still got to talk about? There's totally malicious intent behind it. She wants people never to forget the feud and call him crazy and so forth. That's the general public perception of Kanye right now, so of course she jumps on that bandwagon to keep on public side.

We aren't making these narratives. She does it to herself through her lyrics and actions. If there wasn't so much to work with, we wouldn't say anything. And calling anyone who criticises you a hater is such a childish way of dealing with things. It just goes to show how immature she was to make a song like Shake It Off at the grand old age of 24. I'd feel embarrassed to sing such a song at 14 never mind 24.

2 hours ago, Gizem said:

She sold 25k places at this tour only herself in Germany and France:ladyhaha:

Is Europe world to you? Because she gets hits in Asia, North America and Oceania(About 4.5 billion of world population) since fearless. 

Because it is HER art. It is her blood, sweat and tears. She wrote it's words and emotions. Every artist wanted to own their "work of their life" in history. Nothing new. Everything is not about money.

"again"?? What was the last time she talked about it in an interview? Never. This was the first time. She talked her side of the story and something we did hear first(2015 mtv and flower thing). 

Victim narrative? Lol. Did you even get the meaning of song or are you a man? Yes it could be easier if she was a man, in that sexist industry or world. But you will call it ego, ı will call it hardness in the industry when only %20 woman are part of total producers of industry, just an example. 

Germany, fair enough, but the French date is part of a festival.

No, Europe isn't the world but I'm referring to it the most because Europe is seen as the continent other than America that you've just got to go to on tour. Other continents are hard to tour in but as long as you do NA and Europe, you're seen as doing ok. My point is that she can't seem to get demand out of a continent that is usually very easy to get demand from.

Of course it's to do with money. That's what she kept on repeating throughout the whole feud. She always pursues people who she thinks are stealing money off her (Spotify, Apple Music, fans making Starbucks Lovers t-shirts...). She's money-hungry, always feeling like someone's short-changing her.

She just mentioned Kanye again in this Rolling Stone interview a few days ago: https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/taylor-swift-rolling-stone-interview-880794/

The Kanye part begins a few questions after the photo of her with Jack Antonoff. Now, sure, you may say "But she asked about it, so what was she supposed to do, not answer?" Yes, that's exactly what she should do. Interviewers have been baiting her to keep this feud alive ever since it happened and she gives in every time. At this point, she should be totally over it and tell them she's already covered this, next question please. And she still brought up Kanye completely of her own accord in I Forgot You Existed. Clearly, she's never forgotten if she keeps writing songs about him. She's brought him up every chance she gets, this has been the biggest piece of promo she's ever had and boy, does she keep it going.

No, I'm a woman and I think Taylor was totally the wrong woman to be singing this song as she actually has done things that make her prime fodder for critics but just doesn't have the self awareness to see it. I was already saying to the user above me that a man who claimed to be madly in love with every woman he dated only to break up with her 3 months later and make us guess what song's about which girl would not be looked at favourably. Celebrity men who date a lot simply don't operate the way she does and don't make vast pronouncements of love. Sure, she's not had this problem in a while now that her relationships are lasting longer, but she made it a thing once and it was tiresome. She always uses sexism as an excuse for any and all criticism she gets now. Even when she showed a rare bit of self-awareness in regards to how the girl squad's percieved, she still had to end it all by saying she was just trying to do the same thing men do and they don't get criticised. Men don't bring on large gangs of random men during their shows and have them just stand there for no reason and be like, these are my bros! Nor do established male acts make a point of bringing on one hit wonders to sing their only hit with them during their show. I really don't know where her head's at sometimes.

57 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

My point is that she can't do a whole continent in the same way and as it's a festival, how do you know people are even buying tickets to see her specifically? That's why ticket gross and attendence is never included for those shows.

Because she is only singer in those 2 dates. Same with USA ones. What will they buy tickets for? Air? It is called festivals because she made her own festivals at some dates. You can see that dates and see, any festival didn't happen in fast. 

58 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

And I was talking about 2 different tours - this is just a short summer festival tour that she'll do next year. But she's still planning a proper world tour but perhaps in arenas, she confirmed that in an interview. I'm referring to the proper length arena tour she'll announce one day. I think it'll still look the same as her previous tours (almost all NA, a very select few European dates, very small amount of Asian and Oceania dates).

Nope. This is first and only tour until next era. And she said ı might do arena shows, but she chose a few stadiums instead. She will probably release her new album at 2021  anyway. 

58 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

What stadium in China? She's only got Europe, Brazil and 2 NA cites so far.

China government confirmed that she will play 58.5 thousans Tianhe stadium in Guangzhou 11 november. It will probably get announced in a few days. 

59 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I've got no doubt she can do it as part of a festival (she did that in London for the 1989 tour) but selling out places in Europe outside the UK and Ireland as a headliner at a stadium gig ain't happening.

It already happened. She will play 25 thousands stadium only herself at Nimes, France, population of 150 thousand. And it sold in hours.(her one of the weakest market). She can even play state de france with good promo after that promo tour in Paris, population of 2 million(×13 of Nimes). And according to rumours, they will add another concert at another city anyway. 

there was a time when that was the case, when every album was a heartbreak album.

Her only heartbreak album is red. Others include everything. 

. I still don't get the big deal about the masters.

You don't want your bully to earn money from you. Basic like that. 

It just goes to show how immature she was to make a song like Shake It Off at the grand old age of 24. I'd feel embarrassed to sing such a song at 14 never mind 24.

Ok?? Since it was one of the biggest hits of year, people mostly related, ı am sorry you were not one of them. 

She always pursues people who she thinks are stealing money off her (Spotify, Apple Music, fans making Starbucks Lovers t-shirts...). She's money-hungry, always feeling like someone's short-changing her.

"Stealing money from her"🤦‍♀️ It was for artists. Millions artists get paid for it. For her new record deal, they will pay other artists from 850 million spotify stock to artists. Just for Taylor. She could earn ten millions more to her deal, she CHOSE TO HELP OTHER ARTISTS instead. Totally the thing money hungery person would do. Funny fact: She earned something like 15 million mostly from spotify, ıt is equal to her only 2 more concert gross. Would she chose to add 2 more dates(only 4 hour work) or take one of the biggest brands against her. At least, speak with logic. 

She just mentioned Kanye again in this Rolling Stone interview a few days ago:

And first time, like ı said. 

I was already saying to the user above me that a man who claimed to be madly in love with every woman he dated only to break up with her 3 months later and make us guess what song's about which girl would not be looked at favourably.

Name names instead of ifs. If any woman catched like young Justin bieber, they would call her bit*h and wh*re. Justin went away with it. 

end it all by saying she was just trying to do the same thing men do and they don't get criticised.

Because they don't. This is why you probably don't even know about the squad of Leo Dicaprio. 

StrawberryBlond
14 hours ago, Gizem said:

Because she is only singer in those 2 dates. Same with USA ones. What will they buy tickets for? Air? It is called festivals because she made her own festivals at some dates. You can see that dates and see, any festival didn't happen in fast. 

Nope. This is first and only tour until next era. And she said ı might do arena shows, but she chose a few stadiums instead. She will probably release her new album at 2021  anyway. 

China government confirmed that she will play 58.5 thousans Tianhe stadium in Guangzhou 11 november. It will probably get announced in a few days. 

It already happened. She will play 25 thousands stadium only herself at Nimes, France, population of 150 thousand. And it sold in hours.(her one of the weakest market). She can even play state de france with good promo after that promo tour in Paris, population of 2 million(×13 of Nimes). And according to rumours, they will add another concert at another city anyway. 

Her only heartbreak album is red. Others include everything. 

You don't want your bully to earn money from you. Basic like that. 

Ok?? Since it was one of the biggest hits of year, people mostly related, ı am sorry you were not one of them. 

"Stealing money from her"🤦‍♀️ It was for artists. Millions artists get paid for it. For her new record deal, they will pay other artists from 850 million spotify stock to artists. Just for Taylor. She could earn ten millions more to her deal, she CHOSE TO HELP OTHER ARTISTS instead. Totally the thing money hungery person would do. Funny fact: She earned something like 15 million mostly from spotify, ıt is equal to her only 2 more concert gross. Would she chose to add 2 more dates(only 4 hour work) or take one of the biggest brands against her. At least, speak with logic. 

And first time, like ı said. 

Name names instead of ifs. If any woman catched like young Justin bieber, they would call her bit*h and wh*re. Justin went away with it. 

Because they don't. This is why you probably don't even know about the squad of Leo Dicaprio. 

All the European dates except the German one are part of existing festivals, so no, people are not paying to see her exclusively at those ones. She said in her press statement "where there were no festivals, we made some" so she's saying that if there isn't a festival in that area at that time, she'll make a date for herself but clearly, there's not many so far.

Well, it does appear that way so far. I just thought this would maybe be a summer version of the tour that she'll do next year as a way for those who didn't see the proper one could enjoy or for fans who still wanted to see her again.

I think of Fearless, Speak Now and Red as heartbreak albums. They may not all involve songs about break ups but most of them still are. Even if she's not singing about a break up of her own (Fifteen) or is merely singing about being broken hearted because a guy she loves doesn't love her back (You Belong With Me, Speak Now) or singing about some man who, relationship or not, did her wrong (Dear John, Innocent), she's still singing about being done wrong in some way. Overall, those 3 albums have always given me the overwhelming feeling of relationships/heartbreak. I'm just glad she's broken out of that cycle for her last few albums.

I don't quite understand everything you're saying about Spotify but my point is that she was going after the service for not paying enough money to artists (meaning her) when she already has millions. The most petty thing she did was when she demanded that Apple Music pay reimburse artists for the month's free trial that new members get. I have never heard any other artist make such a complaint. She tried to copyright the phrase "this sick beat" even though that phrase was around long before her and she was actually referring to its fame within the public vernacular when she said it, now she wants to claim it as her own. This is the same woman who banned her fans from making custom merch t-shirts for themselves to wear. Gaga would've encouraged such a cute act of fan devotion, if anything. And "Starbucks lovers" isn't even the original line, so she can't copyright it! That's control freakery of the highest level.

She mentioned Kanye in many an interview around the time she released LWYMMD. As well as after the VMAs. Every time he betrays her in some way, she brings it up in interview.

I can't really name names as men in general don't operate with their heart on their sleeve the way she does. It's women who tend to make big prouncements of love within a few weeks of dating, men tend to keep their cards closer to their chest. It's just the gender difference in the way we're raised. But I've certainly seen men criticised for hooking up with the biggest it girls of the moment for more publicity (mainly reality stars who need it, but you get the idea). I've even seen a lot of criticism levelled at Ed Sheeran for his song, Don't. Many felt it was too harsh and it wasn't Ellie's fault that he was more into her than she was. The public's very divided on that song and if it was out of line or not. And, as big a hit as it was, there are a lot of people (myself included) who felt Justin Beiber's Love Yourself was too harsh and Sorry was a pathetic attempt at an apology. And his behaviour was criticised, even when he was at his peak. He may have been at the top of the charts but his personality was still widely hated on. And personally, it's not Bruno Mars's breakup songs I have a problem with, it's the sexist and egotistical content of his other songs. So, while men can get a free pass when it comes to break up songs, it's all to do with the individual and how they're going about it. And Taylor goes about it in a very childish, immature way.

I was talking specifically about her bringing a gang of women on stage at her shows for no reason than to say "these are my friends." Name one male singer who's done that. What she did was typical girlie behaviour so I don't get why she says men would get away with it. It would be just as weird if a man did it. And I do know about the "squad" of Leo, still a different case. He's never claimed to love any of these women or even come close to getting married to them. He doesn't move in with them or buy houses next door to them either. He's honest about his brief flings. But Taylor treats every relationship as if it's going to be a forever thing right from the start and buys a house over the road from them and then it all breaks down 3 months later. It's all so dramatic and that's what the public can't stand. Again, that's why I'm glad she dialled down that stuff and has found a way of making her most recent relationships last longer. It makes any songs she makes about love much more credible now.

All the European dates except the German one are part of existing festivals, so no, people are not paying to see her exclusively at those ones. She said in her press statement "where there were no festivals, we made some" so she's saying that if there isn't a festival in that area at that time, she'll make a date for herself but clearly, there's not many so far.

France tickets sold out and she is only announced person. They bought tickets for her. I can't say the same for portugal example. There will be old rock groups. But she can fill stadiums in 5-6 city in Europe next tour and it looks enough. 

I don't quite understand everything you're saying about Spotify but my point is that she was going after the service for not paying enough money to artists (meaning her) when she already has millions.

"Meaning her" Can ı ask you where did you get that from? She earn so small money compared to money she earns total. It doesn't even worth to take biggest music brands against you for like... 2 concert money you earn. 

She signed new record deal with UNIVERSAL Music in 2018 November. They wanted to give her money  but she wanted 2 new things instead of more money. 

1)Masters of each new album after 5 year(they agreed) 

2)UNIVERSAL Music will sell their spotify share. And Taylor asked them:  “As part of my new contract with Universal Music Group, I asked that any sale of their Spotify shares result in a distribution of money to their artist, non-recoupable,”  With that, thousands Universal Music artists will earn money from that. And this is totally favor in small artists instead of big ones. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/taylor-swift-universal-republic-deal-spotify-758102/amp/

She could earn more money for her deal, she chose them to pay small artists instead. Something money hungry person would do, ISN'T IT? 

The most petty thing she did was when she demanded that Apple Music pay reimburse artists for the month's free trial that new members get. I have never heard any other artist make such a complaint.

Petty or generous? Did you think why countless artists was thankful for it? Do you know how hard it is for small artists to hold on industry? Especially at stream era? She knew how streaming was getting bigger, and before it get bigger, she did what she could do for small artists. 

This is the same woman who banned her fans from making custom merch t-shirts for themselves to wear.

For a reason. They banned fans(!) who try to do their merch and then sold them like they are originals to other fans. 

She mentioned Kanye in many an interview around the time she released LWYMMD. As well as after the VMAs. Every time he betrays her in some way, she brings it up in interview.

Which interview? She didn't give any interview reputation era. Like ı said, this is the "first time" she talk her side of the story. We heard first time why Kanye sended her flowers and 2015 Mtv happened. 

So, while men can get a free pass when it comes to break up songs, it's all to do with the individual and how they're going about it. And Taylor goes about it in a very childish, immature way.

Still all of them do. Justin did multiple times and her old girlfriend Selena was famous but here we are. People didn't critize him at all. 

I was talking specifically about her bringing a gang of women on stage at her shows for no reason than to say "these are my friends."

Because they were people in her music video with her. When she won award, she take them to stage too. Same with you need to calm down. Every person won mtv award their name on it for being on it. 

Name one male singer who's done that.

Leonardo Dicaprio Squad. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.graziadaily.co.uk/celebrity/news/leonardo-dicaprio-tobey-maguire-orlando-bloom-lunch-date/

Flawless

Everybody knows that Taylor isn't that strong in Europe but who cares? She was smart this time. With festivals she'll continue to play to huge audiences, build a hype around her name in those places and who knows, in a future tour, make some arenas or even stadiums. Like it or not, she's a big star noneless, with or without Europe. 

the scars on my mind are on replay.

StrawberryBlond
6 hours ago, Gizem said:

France tickets sold out and she is only announced person. They bought tickets for her. I can't say the same for portugal example. There will be old rock groups. But she can fill stadiums in 5-6 city in Europe next tour and it looks enough. 

"Meaning her" Can ı ask you where did you get that from? She earn so small money compared to money she earns total. It doesn't even worth to take biggest music brands against you for like... 2 concert money you earn. 

She signed new record deal with UNIVERSAL Music in 2018 November. They wanted to give her money  but she wanted 2 new things instead of more money. 

1)Masters of each new album after 5 year(they agreed) 

2)UNIVERSAL Music will sell their spotify share. And Taylor asked them:  “As part of my new contract with Universal Music Group, I asked that any sale of their Spotify shares result in a distribution of money to their artist, non-recoupable,”  With that, thousands Universal Music artists will earn money from that. And this is totally favor in small artists instead of big ones. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/taylor-swift-universal-republic-deal-spotify-758102/amp/

She could earn more money for her deal, she chose them to pay small artists instead. Something money hungry person would do, ISN'T IT? 

Petty or generous? Did you think why countless artists was thankful for it? Do you know how hard it is for small artists to hold on industry? Especially at stream era? She knew how streaming was getting bigger, and before it get bigger, she did what she could do for small artists. 

For a reason. They banned fans(!) who try to do their merch and then sold them like they are originals to other fans. 

Which interview? She didn't give any interview reputation era. Like ı said, this is the "first time" she talk her side of the story. We heard first time why Kanye sended her flowers and 2015 Mtv happened. 

Still all of them do. Justin did multiple times and her old girlfriend Selena was famous but here we are. People didn't critize him at all. 

Because they were people in her music video with her. When she won award, she take them to stage too. Same with you need to calm down. Every person won mtv award their name on it for being on it. 

Leonardo Dicaprio Squad. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.graziadaily.co.uk/celebrity/news/leonardo-dicaprio-tobey-maguire-orlando-bloom-lunch-date/

Berlin and Nimes are the only places in Europe where she's headlining by herself.

To money hungry people, every penny counts. It doesn't matter if it's petty stuff. And it gives her positive publicity because it looks like she's standing up for the artists. And those terms she agreed to still result in money for her, no matter how little.

Small artists are famous for not caring about their stuff being listened to for free or making less money through streaming. They see a silver lining to it and think that free listen can always turn into an album sale or a tour ticket further down the line. They just want their music out there. The ones who have always taken the most issue with it are the big hitters, the millionaires, the icons and legends. When you're the little guy, you're grateful for everything you get. When you become a big fish, you take your money for granted and become addicted to getting more.

Most fans weren't selling the merch, they made them for themselves. But even if they were selling it, again, it's not the official lyric, so Taylor has no copyright over the phrase, no one does. The truth is, she was annoyed that her fans liked this misheard phrase so much that they had initiative to make some money off it and she could have profited instead by slapping the phrase on very expensive merch if she'd known.

She's talked about Kanye numerous times over the years, good and bad. She even wrote Innocent about him. She may say she never asked to be a part of this narrative but she's been the one keeping it going. And the fact she's brought it up now is even worse considering their latest feud was done and dusted 2 years ago.

Whatever. Taylor's been using sexism as the excuse for why people don't like her for the last few years now. It's such a cliche route to take and a great way to shirk responsibility. She never used to it that but since she went full-on feminist in 2014, she's been using it as a get out clause for every criticism.

There was no reason to bring them out during her concert and make them stand there, though. At least when she brings singers on, they can sing. But when she brings on actresses and models, they just kinda stood there for no reason. Leo doesn't bring crowds of men out on stage for no reason, big difference.

12 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Berlin and Nimes are the only places in Europe where she's headlining by herself.

Yes. I didn't say otherwise. She can play stadiums in 5-6 city next tour which is enough for somebody isn't big in Europe. 

To money hungry people, every penny counts. It doesn't matter if it's petty stuff. And it gives her positive publicity because it looks like she's standing up for the artists. And those terms she agreed to still result in money for her, no matter how little.

If every penny matters, she wouldn’t reject tens of millions dollars for other artists to earn more money. This is more than good publicity. People calling her money hungry for her help to artists in 2015 is not good publicity anyway. 

Small artists are famous for not caring about their stuff being listened to for free or making less money through streaming. They see a silver lining to it and think that free listen can always turn into an album sale or a tour ticket further down the line. They just want their music out there. The ones who have always taken the most issue with it are the big hitters, the millionaires, the icons and legends. When you're the little guy, you're grateful for everything you get. When you become a big fish, you take your money for granted and become addicted to getting more.

This is more than that. Thousands artists were/are not able to make their art for label issues or earning issues. 

Making art is not free, worth of it shouldn't be either. 

Most fans weren't selling the merch, they made them for themselves. But even if they were selling it, again, it's not the official lyric, so Taylor has no copyright over the phrase, no one does. The truth is, she was annoyed that her fans liked this misheard phrase so much that they had initiative to make some money off it and she could have profited instead by slapping the phrase on very expensive merch if she'd known.

Her team banned people who uses copyrights phrases. They bought copyrights of some sentences or words like "this sick beat" etc. 

She's talked about Kanye numerous times over the years, good and bad. She even wrote Innocent about him. She may say she never asked to be a part of this narrative but she's been the one keeping it going. And the fact she's brought it up now is even worse considering their latest feud was done and dusted 2 years ago.

She was not the one going on. After huge 7 whole years, Kanye made drama of 2009 thing. He made a song, famous video, talked about it, snapchat videos and 2 episode subject of keeping up with the kardashians. Nobody said that about him. 

After all of that, she did an interview about it first time. And told her side of the story. And she did that after 2 years because she did no interview in reputation era. 

Whatever. Taylor's been using sexism as the excuse for why people don't like her for the last few years now. It's such a cliche route to take and a great way to shirk responsibility. She never used to it that but since she went full-on feminist in 2014, she's been using it as a get out clause for every criticism.

She talked about it in 1 interview. At the first stage of her career, she didn't think sexism was a thing at industry. Because people saw her as a little girl. After she become big and her image turned more to strong woman, she experienced sexism more according to her. This is why she started to talk more about it later. 

There was no reason to bring them out during her concert and make them stand there, though. At least when she brings singers on, they can sing. But when she brings on actresses and models, they just kinda stood there for no reason. Leo doesn't bring crowds of men out on stage for no reason, big difference.

I agree it was meaningless. And she probably realized it and didn't do same thing again. 

Leo did at red carpets, he could probably do it if he had her own stage too. 

StrawberryBlond
3 hours ago, Gizem said:

Yes. I didn't say otherwise. She can play stadiums in 5-6 city next tour which is enough for somebody isn't big in Europe. 

If every penny matters, she wouldn’t reject tens of millions dollars for other artists to earn more money. This is more than good publicity. People calling her money hungry for her help to artists in 2015 is not good publicity anyway. 

This is more than that. Thousands artists were/are not able to make their art for label issues or earning issues. 

Making art is not free, worth of it shouldn't be either. 

Her team banned people who uses copyrights phrases. They bought copyrights of some sentences or words like "this sick beat" etc. 

She was not the one going on. After huge 7 whole years, Kanye made drama of 2009 thing. He made a song, famous video, talked about it, snapchat videos and 2 episode subject of keeping up with the kardashians. Nobody said that about him. 

After all of that, she did an interview about it first time. And told her side of the story. And she did that after 2 years because she did no interview in reputation era. 

She talked about it in 1 interview. At the first stage of her career, she didn't think sexism was a thing at industry. Because people saw her as a little girl. After she become big and her image turned more to strong woman, she experienced sexism more according to her. This is why she started to talk more about it later. 

I agree it was meaningless. And she probably realized it and didn't do same thing again. 

Leo did at red carpets, he could probably do it if he had her own stage too. 

I doubt I'm going to change your mind or you're going to change mine so I think we're just leave this here, if that's alright. I don't think there's anything more to be said.

• 2 weeks later...
Taylucifer
On 9/19/2019 at 12:23 AM, Spock said:

New dates going to be announced include Mexico, another date in France and China in November whew

you know I stan, but it's not about more or less dates. This tour idea is just whack and nothing about festivals held in stadiums says "intimate", which is a word SHE threw around to describe how she wanted the shows 

Ok, how do you know where the new dates will be released?

Yeah, that was a bit of a troll. But she still does manage to connect to you no matter how many people are in the audience (which has been a common theme from reviews of rep tour and its movie) so I'm excited even if she's just running wild:huntyga:

The Tortured Poets Department is out NOW

• 2 weeks later...
27monster27

I am liking the heart design. I am curious to see what some of the carved out areas in the seating will be.

he/him/his

Archived