Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
performance

Taylor Swift - Lover Fest (UK announced)

Spock

Featured Posts

StrawberryBlond

Wow, these dates don't begin until June 2020? It's very presumptuous of her to think that the album's still going to be relevant 9 months from now when its not had one song from it that's achieved anywhere near the same hit status as anything from 1989 or even LWYMMD's success. The album looks like it'll burn hot for the first few weeks and then peter out, so to expect everyone to pay for a ticket twice is a lot of arrogance. I think this is totally her way to slither out of performing a wide variety of international dates when the proper Lover tour begins because she knows she won't be able to sell them out like she can in America. She can technically say she went to all these international countries even though it was just part of a festival so therefore doesn't really count. So, just be prepared to get left out when she announces the full length tour in the next few months and returns to her old ways of 90% North American dates. International presence: am I a joke to you?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
just another gay

Love the idea of making her own festival, sounds like a great experience for the fans!

She will probably only participate existing festival for international dates tho...
not sure if thats a bigger or smaller chance for her to come to my country

Thomas P
On 9/18/2019 at 10:46 AM, StrawberryBlond said:

Wow, these dates don't begin until June 2020? It's very presumptuous of her to think that the album's still going to be relevant 9 months from now when its not had one song from it that's achieved anywhere near the same hit status as anything from 1989 or even LWYMMD's success.

It’s taylor swift. She’s a touring force, she doesn’t need an album to be out to sell out arenas and stadiums. It’s the same as when Madonna goes on tour now, she’s got fans and then some who will pay to see her. 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Saint Gaga
On 9/18/2019 at 8:16 PM, StrawberryBlond said:

Wow, these dates don't begin until June 2020? It's very presumptuous of her to think that the album's still going to be relevant 9 months from now when its not had one song from it that's achieved anywhere near the same hit status as anything from 1989 or even LWYMMD's success. The album looks like it'll burn hot for the first few weeks and then peter out, so to expect everyone to pay for a ticket twice is a lot of arrogance. I think this is totally her way to slither out of performing a wide variety of international dates when the proper Lover tour begins because she knows she won't be able to sell them out like she can in America. She can technically say she went to all these international countries even though it was just part of a festival so therefore doesn't really count. So, just be prepared to get left out when she announces the full length tour in the next few months and returns to her old ways of 90% North American dates. International presence: am I a joke to you?

You're always pressed.But why?

Gagaloo911

Wasn't she just saying a couple weeks ago though that she wasn't planning to tour so soon since the Reputation tour? 

I know it's not till June 2020 but she made it seem like a tour wasn't even in the planning stages and yet one is already announced. 

HotLikeMexico

Didn’t she say she wasn’t gonna tour or play any shows cause she was tired after reputation. She was supposedly gonna wait a while after Lover came out. 

So how many of y'all who are new and just put your entry into the real fan list? I got e-mail from TN newsletter for it sksksks,

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

7 hours ago, Thomas P said:

It’s taylor swift. She’s a touring force, she doesn’t need an album to be out to sell out arenas and stadiums. It’s the same as when Madonna goes on tour now, she’s got fans and then some who will pay to see her. 

Seriously, I think we’re all better off not even bothering with that person. It’s such a waste of time. Getting a rection with those borderline troll posts is exactly what she wants, so ignoring her not feeding into her constant negativity makes her fume way more than a reply :fan:

who will love me when the night is over

Glamourpuss
On 9/18/2019 at 3:46 PM, StrawberryBlond said:

I think relevancy doesn't matter with Taylor Swift. She has a huge fan base and a lot of people really love the album. Me included. I won't be bored of it in a year's time because it's a good quality album with songs that are made to last. I'm looking forward to the tour and I hope she releases more UK dates. 

StrawberryBlond
11 hours ago, Thomas P said:

In America, perhaps, but I don't think Taylor's quite reached the level of international fame where she can do that just yet. She only became a proper deal worldwide a mere 5 years ago and her international hits are lacking. She's got to put in years of work if she wants to achieve that level.

11 hours ago, Saint Gaga said:

You're always pressed.But why?

I'm not pressed. I'm an amateur music critic and enjoy celebrity culture, which is why I comment on it. Same as everyone else is doing. It's just that some people can't handle a negative opinion.

3 hours ago, Spock said:

Seriously, I think we’re all better off not even bothering with that person. It’s such a waste of time. Getting a rection with those borderline troll posts is exactly what she wants, so ignoring her not feeding into her constant negativity makes her fume way more than a reply :fan:

"That person" as if I'm not here. And I'm not a borderline troll, I'm stating an informed opinion. I don't care if no one responds to what I have to say. I just like to put my thoughts out there. If anything, I wish people would stop making so much unnecessary drama out of my posts. It's really not that deep.

2 hours ago, Glamourpuss said:

I think relevancy doesn't matter with Taylor Swift. She has a huge fan base and a lot of people really love the album. Me included. I won't be bored of it in a year's time because it's a good quality album with songs that are made to last. I'm looking forward to the tour and I hope she releases more UK dates.

Relevancy will matter when she can't sell tour tickets because she has no hits. She's only been a big deal internationally for a short time. She's playing it safe here, going to festivals so that she can play for large international crowds but without them actually paying to see her exclusively, just so she can say she did do international dates. But the truth is, she'll never do a proper, say, European tour like her big name peers as she knows she can't even sell out a decent sized arenas and seeing as she only does large arenas at the very least...This is why she only tours in countries with the highest demand. If it's lesser demand, she thinks she's not worth your time and she'll have to perform in a lowly small arenas which she may not sell out. Her ego can't handle that.

Glamourpuss
16 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Relevancy will matter when she can't sell tour tickets because she has no hits. She's only been a big deal internationally for a short time. She's playing it safe here, going to festivals so that she can play for large international crowds but without them actually paying to see her exclusively, just so she can say she did do international dates. But the truth is, she'll never do a proper, say, European tour like her big name peers as she knows she can't even sell out a decent sized arenas and seeing as she only does large arenas at the very least...This is why she only tours in countries with the highest demand. If it's lesser demand, she thinks she's not worth your time and she'll have to perform in a lowly small arenas which she may not sell out. Her ego can't handle that.

She did a stadium tour last time though so I'm sure she could easily sell out every arena. ARTPOP was Gaga's worst era but she didn't seem to have problems filling arenas. 

In the short amount of time that she's been a "big deal" she has built up a large discography with many hit songs and fan favourites. This album being less popular than the last doesn't mean she has to worry about relevancy. Besides I think she wanted a more relaxed approach to touring because her priorities in life have changed. I think she wants to spend more time in one place with her boyfriend rather than touring everywhere and spending time apart. She seems to be hinting that marriage is on the cards and that may lead to a quieter lifestyle in the next few years. So what you said about her only doing it on a smaller scale because she can't fill larger venues is just you putting a negative spin on it. 

I don't want to pick a fight with you because you're entitled to your opinion, but you seem to be negative for the sake of being negative, it's like you don't like her so you can't say anything positive. :noparty:

She actually seems to be behaving less egotistical this era and all about being happy and in love.  

StrawberryBlond
9 minutes ago, Glamourpuss said:

She did a stadium tour last time though so I'm sure she could easily sell out every arena. ARTPOP was Gaga's worst era but she didn't seem to have problems filling arenas. 

In the short amount of time that she's been a "big deal" she has built up a large discography with many hit songs and fan favourites. This album being less popular than the last doesn't mean she has to worry about relevancy. Besides I think she wanted a more relaxed approach to touring because her priorities in life have changed. I think she wants to spend more time in one place with her boyfriend rather than touring everywhere and spending time apart. She seems to be hinting that marriage is on the cards and that may lead to a quieter lifestyle in the next few years. So what you said about her only doing it on a smaller scale because she can't fill larger venues is just you putting a negative spin on it. 

I don't want to pick a fight with you because you're entitled to your opinion, but you seem to be negative for the sake of being negative, it's like you don't like her so you can't say anything positive. :noparty:

She actually seems to be behaving less egotistical this era and all about being happy and in love.  

In the UK, maybe. But outside that, no. There's a reason why she's only ever done a handful of arena dates in Europe her entire career. She only did 2 cities in Europe for her entire Red tour and just 6 for 1989. That tells you all you need to know. She's terrified of actually only selling half an arena in a non-English speaking country, so won't do it.

What large hit discography. She's got maybe 5 big international hits, tops. I understand not wanting to make your life all about touring, that's fine, but I still think she's trying to find ways to weasel out of doing a proper world tour like she does in America. Artists that sell a lot less than her have no problem doing big arena legs in Europe. So, how can she, who sells thousands, millions more than them, not do that?

I'm never negative for the sake of it, it's always for a reason. I've said positive things about her before, when she deserves it.

Less egotistical? She's dragged Scooter Braun to the pits even though she makes millions off her songs even with reduced royalties (I don't even get why such a super rich singer needs to own their masters anyway, everyone knows she wrote it), she's been bringing up her feud with Kanye again in interview (will she ever let that lie?) and bragging in her songs that "if I was a man, I'd be The Man." Yeah, if anything, she gets more egotistical with time. She's really pushing how long we're going to buy this victim narrative.

she's already been clocked on that "Taylor is scared of selling out arenas in Europe" when the entire international legs of the Speak Now Tour, minus a couple of shows, were sold out (as has every international show since) :rip: 

the festival tour dates are billed mostly as being only her. The shows in Berlin, Nimes (which sold out in hours) and Sao Pablo is going to be only her. And for the other dates is probably going to be a bunch of D listers :rip: 

she wasn't even the one to bring up Kanye in that interview :rip: 

I could go on

who will love me when the night is over

2 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

In America, perhaps, but I don't think Taylor's quite reached the level of international fame where she can do that just yet. She only became a proper deal worldwide a mere 5 years ago and her international hits are lacking. She's got to put in years of work if she wants to achieve that level.

She totally reached. She will play stadiums in Brazil and possibly Mexico according to rumours. 2 biggest market in South America. She already plays at North America. She will play 54k stadium in China, she played stadiums in Japan, she is huge in Asia and able to play at other countries, she played at Oceania(Australia and New zealand) and she can play stadiums at Germany, France, Netherlands and Norvey. In this tour she will play at 25k places in Germany and France, France tickets sold out at a few hour, my friend tried to buy ticket but couldn't. And she is only singer will sing at these 2 dates. Only playes she can't play "stadiums" are small music markets in Europe. 

On 9/18/2019 at 5:46 PM, StrawberryBlond said:

It is already said she won't add more USA dates so your whole point is wrong. :awkney:

And do you know what made me laugh? After you said she is not big in South America or Asia enough(why she didn't play shows there), she added huge stadiums in Brazil and China(Mexico according to rumours too). 

What will you say now? She is not big ww because she can't add stadiums at Europe? (probably after that huge Europe festival tour, she will be able to and you won't even know what to say, you will probably do tbh) 

Glamourpuss
1 hour ago, StrawberryBlond said:

In the UK, maybe. But outside that, no. There's a reason why she's only ever done a handful of arena dates in Europe her entire career. She only did 2 cities in Europe for her entire Red tour and just 6 for 1989. That tells you all you need to know. She's terrified of actually only selling half an arena in a non-English speaking country, so won't do it.

What large hit discography. She's got maybe 5 big international hits, tops. I understand not wanting to make your life all about touring, that's fine, but I still think she's trying to find ways to weasel out of doing a proper world tour like she does in America. Artists that sell a lot less than her have no problem doing big arena legs in Europe. So, how can she, who sells thousands, millions more than them, not do that?

I'm never negative for the sake of it, it's always for a reason. I've said positive things about her before, when she deserves it.

Less egotistical? She's dragged Scooter Braun to the pits even though she makes millions off her songs even with reduced royalties (I don't even get why such a super rich singer needs to own their masters anyway, everyone knows she wrote it), she's been bringing up her feud with Kanye again in interview (will she ever let that lie?) and bragging in her songs that "if I was a man, I'd be The Man." Yeah, if anything, she gets more egotistical with time. She's really pushing how long we're going to buy this victim narrative.

I don't see it as a victim narrative and I think that's too black and white. I do agree that there was a time when she played up to the victim narrative (the Reputation era). But now I think she's just sticking up for herself. She's not wrong that she would be treated with more respect if she was a man. :shrug:

She has previously mentioned about the narcissists she attracts and Scooter Braun seems to be one of them. I can understand why she wouldn't want him to own her masters based on what I've read about him. Imagine someone you really dislike getting paid a ton of money because of art that you created. I can understand her point of view.

As for Kanye West, why shouldn't she bring that up? She still seems to be hurt by what he did and she's clearly still bothered about his topless depiction of her.  She should be allowed to speak about what's on her mind. I can see why people would think there's malicious intent behind it but I see a woman standing up for herself. 

Sometimes it's easy for people to put a negative spin and come up with their own narratives. It seems like she's constantly fighting against other people's narratives of her. She wouldn't have to explain herself so much if people would just let her live and stop looking for hidden motives and a reason to dislike her all the time. 

But...

taylor swift haters gonna hate GIF

Archived