Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Gaga's looks in March 2014 (SHOCKING)

The Z

Featured Posts

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you'd feel really bad about making this thread if you had some more context about what Gaga was going through emotionally at the time

Remember that March 2014 brought us SXSW, one of Gaga's most raw and emotional performances. This was during one of the darkest lows of her career when she screamed "F*ck pop music!", when the media called her fat again and again, when she was dropped by some of her closest team members.

In an interview, Gaga says that when she is feeling out of control of her life, she uses fashion to get a sense of control back. When the media refuse to stay out of her personal life, fashion becomes armor.

That is what I see here, over and over again: A vulnerable woman using fashion as armor.

Sorry, but fashion is not always put on with the goal of making the gays think you look chic. 

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

26 minutes ago, the Devil of Pop said:

I think you'd feel really bad about making this thread if you had some more context about what Gaga was going through emotionally at the time

Remember that March 2014 brought us SXSW, one of Gaga's most raw and emotional performances. This was during one of the darkest lows of her career when she screamed "F*ck pop music!", when the media called her fat again and again, when she was dropped by some of her closest team members.

In an interview, Gaga says that when she is feeling out of control of her life, she uses fashion to get a sense of control back. When the media refuse to stay out of her personal life, fashion becomes armor.

That is what I see here, over and over again: A vulnerable woman using fashion as armor.

Sorry, but fashion is not always put on with the goal of making the gays think you look chic. 

I know all of that, I'm not 10, but it's not that deep and it was almost 7 years ago. PLUS I've been in the exact same situation, using over the top fashion to feel "protected" in a way; but some of these looks were horrible and I just admit it, it has something beautiful on the inside, but not on the outside, that's it

imnotyourbabe10

I personally love all of these looks! :diane:
ARTPOP was her most subversive, rad, queer, "sticking it to the man" era yet!

27monster27
2 hours ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

latest?cb=20140314110301

latest?cb=20140330153423

I am pretty sure the first one is from November/December 2013, and the second one is gorgeous.

EDIT: Also, most of them aren't even bad.

he/him/his

latest?cb=20140314110301

This was actually made entirely from coffee filters.

latest?cb=20140328142232

This is a depiction of Grace Jones giving birth to Gaga.

latest?cb=20140330150705

This is one of my favorite Gaga looks. Luna Lovegood goes to Washington.

During the ARTPOP era she was fearless and ambitious, particularly when it came to fashion. That ambition being met with "boos" stung her, which I think resulted in her "I'm a regular girl named Joanne" moment.

24 minutes ago, S0436 said:

If these looks went with TF/TFM-esque record sales everyone would be calling them a serve.

No, I loved the ARTPOP era more than TFM era

She served A LOT of horrible looks during The Fame Monster

Archived