Stef

Featured Posts

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply
crisTEAne
10 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

tenor.gif?itemid=14286136

if they forgot about tati or chose james over her, haus lab is canceled in my eyes  :wtf:

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

JusKeepBreathin
10 hours ago, GagainsiderNYC said:

Amen. A corporate speech full of B.S. Is sad to see her do this, like why did she end up doing make up?? Why Gaga why? She’s above all of this 

Cash Grab. Is she really above it?

10 hours ago, HangWang said:

By spreading positivity and love with her fans/making people feel confident in themselves. Makeup can still have an affect on people, just like music can. She is simply spreading her message through another medium. It truly isn't that difficult to understand.

I guess you really can put a price on positivity and love about $39.99 for the kit.

9 hours ago, Zander said:

I hope someones recording this track in its entirety. 

Go away?

8 hours ago, gabrielflorin01 said:

LOOK AT HER 

EEpT57fXoAI1YLe?format=jpg&name=small

Stunning, but full body lace with a leather corset is hardly ground breaking. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

NightmareGa
3 minutes ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

I guess you really can put a price on positivity and love about $39.99 for the kit.

Go away?

Jesus Christ. Who hurt you bo?

Franch Toast

Okay, after sleeping on things and re-watching the speech, I really don't understand the (negative) uproar over it. Some people said it's not what she said but the delivery. I think this is LG trying to act professional and serious, as opposed to when she's talking off the cuff during her concerts, and she was probably a little nervous. From everything we've heard from folks involved in Haus Labs, LG has really thrown herself into this venture and is trying to do it as a start-up without the help of a large company. I think even in one of the interviews she talked about wanting to make her mother, who had a career as a successful businesswoman, proud. In a way, she's wading out of her usual comfort zone of music and performance art here. Someone compared the speech to her speech at the Met Gala when she was reading Sontag; I think it's similar – as a co-host of the Gala, she was trying to be serious  and to get all the jabbering attendees to stop talking and pay attention, but people were behaving like school kids ignoring their teacher. She's not an idiot and knows that the beauty industry is fiercely competitive, and she's lent her face to this brand and obviously wants it to succeed, so it's natural that she's going to be nervous and overly earnest, which is going to lead to some rambling and may at times give the appearance of pretentiousness. Plus, yeah, she'd had a few drinks in her. 

If anything, her nervousness proves her sincerity to me, as if she'd given an extremely polished and smooth speech, it would've felt very rehearsed and fake. For me, her speech, including the manner of delivery, came across as slightly awkward and genuine, which endears her to me more. But this is just my opinion, and I respect that others may feel differently. 

She/Her/Hers

looks cool! I believe her intentions are good and she really wants to change the world. You do it through mass marketing and affordable products. It's literally the same thing as pop music. 

geusst1235
On 9/17/2019 at 11:25 AM, JusKeepBreathin said:

Go away?

Again, making makeup is not an easy process as it takes a ton of hard work and passion (especially a start up,which is what this is). We all know how hard Gaga works, sometimes at the expense of her own mental or physical health sadly. The point is, this isn't even close to being a cash grab or half assed on Gaga's end whatsoever.

So would you complain about her selling albums/exspensive concert tickets while also trying to spend a positive message that she is now? She has been doing things like this throughout her entire career and it absolutely is not new. Instead of using her music as the conduit, Gaga is using makeup this time to spread her message. Makeup can affect people just as much as the other forms of art or mediums she has used throughout her career. Perhaps push that cynicism aside for a second and try to understand where she is coming from. Listen to another perspective surrounding the situation besides just calling it a cash grab because she's not doing what you wanted.

She took the time in her speech to tell us to spread love and kindness to others. We should be spreading this message along with Gaga instead of just criticizing a simple speech because she sounded "pretentious".

Wow, so much negativity on this site. Honestly, why so "fans" can't be happy and support her ill never know. Anyways, the event look major ! i wish i went, she looks absolutely fierce. Also, i loved her speech. She talked about all the things she stood for as well as including the brand. You go Gaga, this is just the beginning. :kiss: Also she turned 4 fierce looks and some of y'all still complain ?! 

Vitleysingur

I always have faith in Gaga and Haus Labs. The marketing of the brand is all about authenticity, realness, inclusivity, empowerment and a little bit of weirdness which matches Gaga's career perfectly and stands out from other beauty ventures. Products available so far are in such a good direction, especially ARMOR MASQUE NO. 1.

This is Gaga's note on it from Hauslabs.com. 

“This product was inspired by my look at the Super Bowl. I wanted to bring the makeup artistry and instant transformation to you that powered me through those moments.” 

HL_002_Onfigure_Shot07_007_FNL_3000x3000

To be honest, I never used any cosmetics product before. But wow! This just left me gagging and I definitely want to try it. :giveup::giveup:I'm thrilled for MORE like this.

The artist Gaga we talk about is has been serving iconic looks one after another for more than a decade and this is a big big part of her star power. People over the world are always trying to recreate them. I saw quite a lot very positive reactions from GP since HL annoucement. (Something m*nst*rs can't relate :sweat:)

Another point is that middle aged women who are always here for Gaga since C2C are not as vocal as teens on social media. However, they actually buy things unlike those messy twittter keyboard worriors. 

What some monsters don't understand is that Gaga is well beloved by GP now. At the end of the day, even if this start up flops into oblivion, it's just an unsuccessful bussiness investment which people would easily forget in weeks and would not do her music and acting career any harm.

Dreams of you and me are in the dirt.

JusKeepBreathin
57 minutes ago, NightmareGa said:

Jesus Christ. Who hurt you bo?

I guess it wouldn't sound so bad if I had stayed awake to reply to each comment individually but I didn't really care about it too much and went to sleep. My comments weren't particularly mean. They were pretty tame compared to the rest of this thread. 

So really, who hurt you?:vegas:

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

JohnnyVersace
2 hours ago, fathermonster said:

Actually embarrassing and ignorent statement to make. Why would she even say that :saladga: it's really not innovative 

Any and every brand hypes up the innovation of their product to make it sell. It is an original formula for Haus Labs, even if similar products have been made. 

FentyGa
1 hour ago, Morphine Prince said:

**** like this makes me think gaga doesn't look at what’s going on in the drama aspect of the world

she often works with questionable people and i think she just doesn’t trust the internet and tabloids but like...sometimes the proof is in the puddin yk

Archived