Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Haus Labs Product Reviews Thread!

Cello

Featured Posts

Just picked mine up and here are my thoughts. Strap yourselves in this may be a long comment.

First of all the shipping was incredibly fast, it shipped out of the USA on the 13th of September and I received it today (16th September)  in Australia. 5/5 for the shipping! (DHL's service however... 0/5 :triggered: )

I preordered the Haus of Metalhead and the Glam Attack duo in Downtown Punk (Chained Ballerina + Rose B*tch)

Small disclaimer: I am not a beauty guru so these are just my own opinions! I am not that knowledgable of makeup formulations and how it all works. I guess I will say this is a review from an average non-influencer person haha :laughga:

There is a video at the end showing the products under a flash light.

Packaging: The exterior box the products came in was just a normal black box. It is simple and minimalistic. I personally think it does match the aesthetic of HAUS LABS well. If I were to add something, it would be some metallic elements to the lettering since the Glam Attacks are very metallic. See the pic here: 

Spoiler

IMG-0066.jpg

Packing of the exterior cardboard: of the actual makeup products was very normal of beauty products. I liked how they were cardboard, hence recyclable. The silver lettering does stick out - I am not sure what the actual word for this is (it is not printed straight on) which is a nice touch. Pics below:

Spoiler

IMG-1290.jpg

Packaging of the actual makeup: The products all have good weight to them. They do feel solid and relatively heavy for their size. This obviously excludes the lip liner which is a pencil hence will be quite light. The products all have a nice matte black finish which in my opinion make the product look more worthy than if they used a shiny finish.  The lids of all the items were pointy which is cute. Pics: 

Spoiler

Glam Attack 

IMG-1291.jpg

Le Riot Lip Gloss

IMG-1293.jpg

RIP Lip Liner

IMG-1294.jpg

Now to the good stuff, the makeup swatches! :firega: 

Glam Attacks:  I ordered 3 Glam Attacks in total. Biker (B), Chained Ballerina (CB) and Rose B*tch (RB). When I opened them I did smell them. There was a very very mild smell (very faint). Basically it smelt like makeup. When you pull the applicator out of the bottle it does leave some excess on the applicator so I just wiped it on the rim of the container. I do also recommend you give them a shake before using to disperse the glitters. Level of opacity I would rank CB > B > RB. I expected this anyways, since CB was the darkest shade and RB was the lightest. They were all pigmented and very glittery and metallic. When they dried it kinda felt like a mix of powder and dried paint? Maybe this is because when I swatched it I put the layer a bit too thick. They blend nicely too. Also they washed off very easily with water (I did not use setting spray).  Pics:

Spoiler

Normal indoor lighting 

IMG-1321.jpg

iPhone camera with flash

IMG-7129.jpg

My poor attempt at blending them. They do blend well but the product does shift a bit since its liquid. 

IMG-5678.jpg

Onto the lip products :kiss:

RIP Lip Liner: Nice and creamy and the product gave a matte finish. It was nice and opaque too. I would recommend having exfoliated and moisturised lips before using them since they're matte. I do wish they made a lipstick as well because filling in your entire lip with a small pointy pencil is a bit tedious. The photos are above in the swatch. I didn't take any of it actually on my lips unfortunately.

Le Riot Lip Gloss: The consistency is quite thick. Very glossy and shiny which is good. It doesn't really have a smell besides smelling like lip gloss. I do not usually wear lip gloss so I don't think I can comment much else. See pics above. 

Other: 

The makeup bag:  It is quite nice and compact. Made of the flexible plastic. It is actually 2 layers with silver and black confetti in between. In my one it seems like a piece of red confetti fell in too :ohwell: :ally:See the pics below: 

Spoiler

Front: 

IMG-1287.jpg

Back:

IMG-1288.jpg

They also included this cute mirror which says "Battle for your life" on it. Pic:

Spoiler

IMG-1678.jpg

i couldn't figure out how to take this photo without a reflection :huntyga:

That is everything for the products. Unfortunately for my package, they seemed to have forgotten those 2 post cards people seem to have gotten with theirs. :bradley: I did email customer service asking about it though.

Bonus: Here is a video showcasing how glittery the makeup is http://youtube.com/watch?v=vviHEoLPkXE

it was a perfect illusion

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mine’s currently our for delivery, hopefully I get it before I go to work in 2 hours if not i’ll post a review later today afterwards 💅🏻

Luna Lovegood
23 minutes ago, nozhoemi said:

Just picked mine up and here are my thoughts. Strap yourselves in this may be a long comment.

First of all the shipping was incredibly fast, it shipped out of the USA on the 13th of September and I received it today (16th September)  in Australia. 5/5 for the shipping! (DHL's service however... 0/5 :triggered: )

I preordered the Haus of Metalhead and the Glam Attack duo in Downtown Punk (Chained Ballerina + Rose B*tch)

Small disclaimer: I am not a beauty guru so these are just my own opinions! I am not that knowledgable of makeup formulations and how it all works. I guess I will say this is a review from an average non-influencer person haha :laughga:

Packaging: The exterior box the products came in was just a normal black box. It is simple and minimalistic. I personally think it does match the aesthetic of HAUS LABS well. If I were to add something, it would be some metallic elements to the lettering since the Glam Attacks are very metallic. See the pic here: 

Hide contents

IMG-0066.jpg

Packing of the exterior cardboard: of the actual makeup products was very normal of beauty products. I liked how they were cardboard, hence recyclable. The silver lettering does stick out - I am not sure what the actual word for this is (it is not printed straight on) which is a nice touch. Pics below:

Hide contents

IMG-1290.jpg

Packaging of the actual makeup: The products all have good weight to them. They do feel solid and relatively heavy for their size. This obviously excludes the lip liner which is a pencil hence will be quite light. The products all have a nice matte black finish which in my opinion make the product look more worthy than if they used a shiny finish.  The lids of all the items were pointy which is cute. Pics: 

Hide contents

Glam Attack 

IMG-1291.jpg

Le Riot Lip Gloss

IMG-1293.jpg

RIP Lip Liner

IMG-1294.jpg

Glam Attacks:  I ordered 3 Glam Attacks in total. Biker (B), Chained Ballerina (CB) and Rose B*tch (RB). When I opened them I did smell them. There was a very very mild smell (very faint). Basically it smelt like makeup. When you pull the applicator out of the bottle it does leave some excess on the applicator so I just wiped it on the rim of the container. I do also recommend you give them a shake before using to disperse the glitters. Level of opacity I would rank CB > B > RB. I expected this anyways, since CB was the darkest shade and RB was the lightest. They were all pigmented and very glittery and metallic. When they dried it kinda felt like a mix of powder and dried paint? Maybe this is because when I swatched it I put the layer a bit too thick. They blend nicely too. Also they washed off very easily with water (I did not use setting spray).  Pics:

Reveal hidden contents

Normal indoor lighting 

IMG-1321.jpg

iPhone camera with flash

IMG-7129.jpg

My poor attempt at blending them. They do blend well but the product does shift a bit since its liquid. 

IMG-5678.jpg

RIP Lip Liner: Nice and creamy and the product gave a matte finish. It was nice and opaque too. I would recommend having exfoliated and moisturised lips before using them since they're matte. I do wish they made a lipstick as well because filling in your entire lip with a small pointy pencil is a bit tedious. The photos are above in the swatch. I didn't take any of it actually on my lips unfortunately.

Le Riot Lip Gloss: The consistency is quite thick. Very glossy and shiny which is good. It doesn't really have a smell besides smelling like lip gloss. I do not usually wear lip gloss so I don't think I can comment much else. See pics above. 

Other: 

The makeup bag:  It is quite nice and compact. Made of the flexible plastic. It is actually 2 layers with silver and black confetti in between. In my one it seems like a piece of red confetti fell in too :ohwell: :ally:See the pics below: 

Reveal hidden contents

Front: 

IMG-1287.jpg

Back:

IMG-1288.jpg

They also included this cute mirror which says "Battle for your life" on it. Pic:

Reveal hidden contents

IMG-1678.jpg

That is everything for the products. Unfortunately for my package, they seemed to have forgotten those 2 post cards people seem to have gotten with theirs. :bradley: I did email customer service asking about it though.

Bonus: Here is a video showcasing how glittery the makeup is http://youtube.com/watch?v=vviHEoLPkXE

Thank you for this. Overall, when you hold the lip gloss does it feel like it was from a luxury brand ? 

luna’s advocate

11 minutes ago, River Phoenix said:

Thank you for this. Overall, when you hold the lip gloss does it feel like it was from a luxury brand ? 

I would say it's more mid-high end makeup (for example, on the same level as Huda Beauty, Fenty). I would not say it is "luxury". Luxury to me feels like designer brands like Chanel or Gucci :happy:

edit: of course this is subjective, depending on the person who is asked.  :party:

Cello
1 minute ago, nozhoemi said:

I would say it's more mid-high end makeup (for example, on the same level as Huda Beauty, Fenty). I would not say it is "luxury". Luxury to me feels like designer brands like Chanel or Gucci :happy:

That's what I was hoping for, so far it all sounds super positive with regards to the actual makeup itself :)

she/her 👹🖤 | 🚫Tabloid Junkie🎶

2 hours ago, WORLDofGAGA said:

I love the quote on the box, ‘ be yourself, the way you see you, Love , Lady Gaga

Thought it said, "the way you see you, like, Lady Gaga" and I was like, "omg impressionistic queen making the gays in her image :diane:"

1 hour ago, nozhoemi said:

Reveal hidden contents

IMG-0066.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

IMG-1290.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

Glam Attack 

IMG-1291.jpg

Le Riot Lip Gloss

IMG-1293.jpg

RIP Lip Liner

IMG-1294.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

Normal indoor lighting 

IMG-1321.jpg

iPhone camera with flash

IMG-7129.jpg

IMG-5678.jpg

Other: 

Reveal hidden contents

Front: 

IMG-1287.jpg

Back:

IMG-1288.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

IMG-1678.jpg

Oh I LOVE the way the glam attack looks. I, too, cannot speak to quality, but aesthetically I like how the products look 

Illuminati

I must say the lip liners were nice, very pigmented and creamy. But when I tried to wipe off their foundation my face started BURNING, after the painful removal, I saw that my entire face was left with chemical burns

Glamourpuss

I'm so jealous. I can't wait for mine to come. I want to do a YouTube review of it but I'm a bit too shy. :fan:

Cello
2 minutes ago, Glamourpuss said:

I'm so jealous. I can't wait for mine to come. I want to do a YouTube review of it but I'm a bit too shy. :fan:

Go for it! :firega:

she/her 👹🖤 | 🚫Tabloid Junkie🎶

2 minutes ago, Glamourpuss said:

Yass go for it! I would watch your review :party:

49 minutes ago, Glamourpuss said:

I don't use neither like make up but I'd watch it :poot:

툭 까보면 어김없이 소리질러와

Luna Lovegood
11 minutes ago, gagzus said:

Got mine just before I left for work, unboxed it on instagram stories for anyone who wants to see the packaging a bit https://www.instagram.com/stories/freshkream/

Didnt get to do proper swatches though sadly, I put the GlamAttack on quickly before work though but only a bit because it was INTENSE haha love it so far

Thank you! I hope u enjoy it omg 

luna’s advocate

Archived