💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

How has your music taste changed?

shame

Featured Posts

I recently found my old iPod and went straight to the Songs I had downloaded on it nearly half a decade ago.

I had forgotten I used to listen to  so much emo punk, folk, pop rock and alternative music in my pre-teen / teen days. There used to be a good even mix of male and female artists in my music library. 

Now as a grown adult, I mostly listen to pop, indie / alternative pop and the artists I listen to are 90% female. 

One thing that hasn't changed is that I still haven't gotten into rap, hip hop as much :poot:

So, how have y'all music tastes evolved?

angels forever, forever angels

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to listen to a looooot more K-pop. That was like the first thing i was actually interested in listening to. Before I listened to like a few artists but just because i liked maybe one or two albums by them like Shania Twain or Green Day. Oh and my first (gay) crush was Us5... so i listened to them all the time. 

I still listen to that K-pop stuff i listened to back then now but I don‘t really keep up with music releases anymore except for a few groups. So I never really un-liked much music I just piled on more and more stuff I like

Musery

Well my taste has greatly expanded and diversified. Back when I was younger I only listened to pop and reggaeton. The pop divas dominated my life and reggaeton was (and still is) the most popular genre in my country.

Now I don’t listen to reggaeton at all, and while the pop divas still dominate me :oops:, they’re not the only ones anymore. Queen and Fall Out Boy got me into rock, and Metallica got me into metal. 

Now my playlist can go from a gay, sassy dance club bop, to a brutal Bring Me The Horizon metalcore jam, to a chill, dreamy Lorde track, to an aggressive Marilyn Manson song, to a fun Fall Out Boy or MCR pop punk anthem.

Rock/pop/hip-hop/rap

Gothic (2003-2006 lol)

Rock/pop/hip-hop/rap

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Borislshere

I used to listen to nothing but Pop music up until around early 2013. I started to get heavy into Beyonce and she sparked my interest in R&B. I can barely tolerate most pop/dance music now. I can listen to R&B all day and never get tired. 

I have always been musically versatile. My parents were the ones with a specific taste:

Mom: R&B, Rap, Jazz, Pop, Latin, Hip-Hop

Dad: Rock, Indie, Soul, Country, Metal, Reggae

PunkTheFunk

I've always listened to pop music so my taste hasn't changed that much. I did listen to a lot more indie music in high school (Two Door Cinema Club, Mumford and Sons, etc.) because I was trying to be cool :vegas: I've really started to embrace "older" music (1960s-90s) over the past few years.

I don’t think my taste has changed, per-say, but it’s evolved. Because growing up I would listen to pop, rock, heavy metal, and country. When I was in my early teens, I started diving deeper in the music I grew up to and started discovering my own music. It’s been a rabbit hole since then. 

whocares

It has greatly expanded. I used to only listen to dance pop music and latin reggae. Now I’m into rock, hip hop, jazz and metal. I used to hate the latter. I remember my ex blasting heavy metal songs and I couldn’t understand how anyone would enjoy that. Now I listen to it a lot:huntyga: it’s almost a therapeutic experience for me.

I got more into modern music than I used to be. It was a lot more classical, jazz, novelty songs, that kind of thing.

俺の勝利は揺るぎない

Thanks to Bey, my eyes have been open to the beautiful world of RnB:whitney: It’s a magical world and never boring:whitney:

I would say I’m wayyyy more invested in Hip Hop and Rap then I used to, I love it now!

💋 𝕊𝕥𝕖𝕡 𝕐𝕒 ℂ𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕚𝕖𝕤 𝕌𝕡💋🍪

I'm now listening to more country music. Back in third grade my school bus driver used to ONLY play country music ALL DAY, EVERYDAY. Since it was on a station, it felt like they only played the same 20 over and OVER and OVER again! It drove ALL of us nuts!... until 4th grade when the bus driver finally switched to Cities 97 which I loved :laughga:

But anyway, I just randomly started listening to country music again after all this time of hating it and last year in school my Geography teacher actually played a country station whenever we'd take a test and I actually enjoyed most of the songs! A lot of them were older, like what I'd hear on the bus in third grade, but I didn't mind, it brought back a lot of nostalgia :happy:

Also because of this, I've been listening to a lot more music off of Taylor's Speak Now and Taylor Swift albums, for the memories and also because I'm really starting to love country! It just makes me happy and takes me back to when I hated country music, but in a good way, cause I secretly kind of liked it all along :derpga:

Well, love it or hate it, I LOVE country music now and no one can tell me what to do! :happy: 

taylor swift banjo GIF

taylor swift dancing GIF

I've always listened to pop music but I was also listening to LOTS of alternative/punk/rock bands.

Sum 41, Billy Talent, AFI, Avenged Sevenfold, Fall Out Boy, blink-182, Green Day, My Chemical Romance, Bring Me The Horizon, Paramore...

Now it's mostly pop girls/boys, some hiphop and some electronic music ala Kygo. Some alternative groups too but not really the ones I used to listen to except maybe Paramore.

26 minutes ago, River said:

Rock/pop/hip-hop/rap

Gothic (2003-2006 lol)

Rock/pop/hip-hop/rap

Why lol? Gothic's the best imho!

IG: @bartoszprazuch

Archived