• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Charles 1989

Example:

The First Time I Heard 3 from Britney Spears, to me it was very gay tbh:cryga:

After, I got used to it somehow:sure:

Bonkers

well, first i liked pop.  And then i liked retro pop, and then all of a sudden I started to like jazz, and then went thru a weird pop phase before a country-pop thing and then I got into soundtracks.

My favorite singers are Lady Gaga, Tony Bennett's Tramp, Joanne, Ally Maine and of course Britney Spears. 

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates

Stephen

As a kid/early teen I used to only listen to pop like Britney Spears :laughga: and then I got into Kanye and Eminem :laughga:

And then I got into Lana Del Rey and Marina and the Diamonds which blew my mind at the time.

Then I got into Kendrick Lamar, Grimes, Lorde, and Charli XCX.

THEN I got into Azealia Banks, The Weeknd, Frank Ocean and this is where my taste really formed.

I love pop, dance, hip-hop, rap, r&b. I love songs you can party to but also chill songs and vulnerable/sad songs.

And I'll listen to Jazz if it's Gaga :sharon:

Not changed, but expanded.

My father was a jazz musician who was also into classical music.  At home I was brought up on jazz and classical.  But as a teen my friends and I listened to doo-wop, rock, r&b, soul, and pop.  In fact the radio stations played songs from all those genres seamlessly back-to-back with no distinction between genres.  It was just the songs teens loved.

The movie American Graffiti showed exactly what it was like when I was a teen.   The soundtrack was 41 hits from that time.  Those 41 songs were by 35 different artists, and were from 7 genres.   I still love all that music, and of course, jazz and classical. 

After high school I expanded my musical likes by getting into folk music, and later country and bluegrass.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Antonio

A lot more russian music

𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞

2 hours ago, Mustang said:

My whole life changed after I discovered PC Music :air:

politically correct music? personal computer music?

???

angels forever, forever angels

I think ARTPOP marked a shift in my musical taste. Even though it was very electro-pop, it pushed me to discover alternative/indie music and artists that aren't necessarily popular. Another shift in my musical taste was my involvement in radical leftist politics and social movements, which really redefined my conception of music and why I listen to it. It made me explore art pop, art rock, a lot of experimental music and artists as well as noise music. However, I still like and listen to pop music, just not as much, and I no longer listen to random songs of the top 40, but only specific pop artists (Gaga, Lana, Charli, etc.) One thing never changed, 95% of my music library is still female artists and the other 5%  consists of solely gay men and non binary artists, f*ck cishet men music lol

IAmNotHere1997

2015: Alternative artists (like Troye Sivan, Melanie Martinez, Marina, Halsey, or Lana Del Rey)
2016: Pop artists (like Britney Spears, Madonna, Katy Perry, or Kylie Minogue)
2017: Country artists (like Blake Shelton, Shania Twain, or Carrie Underwood)
2018: Adult contemporary artists (like Celiné Dion, P!nk, Whitney Houston, or Kelly Clarkson)

9 minutes ago, Aquarius said:

I used to listen to ARTPOP, and now I don't :lolly:

we stan positive character development :diane:

angels forever, forever angels

Let's just say I found my old Last.fm page from about 12 years ago and cringed. My taste in music has changed drastically. My taste in music used to be strictly pop and R&B. While I clearly do still enjoy both genres, the types of artists I like have changed and the overall amount of genres I've listened to have expanded tremendously.

Now, my favorite genres/styles are metalcore, trance, dubstep (yes, still), film score, pop punk, alternative and country.

they've been ravaged by Lady Gaga, I was like, rock, metal, new  wave in my teenage, then I started to get into her and Madonna (then many other pop girls). Bust most of all and finally I connected to David Bowie (I barely knew his main singles before... I've been into electronic too. Let's say as a songwriter/music student, I love all the genres of music and I try a lot of different things, but Gagz... She's been widening my horizon somehow

I also listen to a lot of Jazz too, this is not a genre of music but a way to play music so there is like so many different things... I love it so much. 

Those days also I'd say all the vaporave thing, beat tapes, and synth music are my new obsession (since several years already but...) 

hello hello baby.

Archived