💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

I was the very last TMB phone call winner

Antoni

Featured Posts

Some people tagged me in the thread about being famous in the fan base -- for my phone call with Gaga rather than RadioARTPOP to my complete surprise -- so I thought I'd share the story with you. It's been quite a few years since I told this.

For The Monster Ball 2.0 / 3.0 tour in America, every show had "dark angels" walking around who were Virgin Mobile tour staff members with a small form to fill out to sign up for the contest.

I was not old enough to sign up during my first Monster Ball. My second one, I didn't win or arrived too late because I was meeting Gaga outside her hotel before the show.

My third, where I won the phone call, was the last concert of all the American tour dates. I did NOT sign up with a dark angel. I came to Cleveland from Indianapolis with my boyfriend at the time, Nathan, and we broke up on the way there. He had severe social anxiety and demanded that I go inside without him. About an hour later, I was waiting near the entrance of the arena for him to come in. Right after he came in, a door opened behind me (I didn't even realize there was a door there) and an older gentleman stepped out of what appeared to be a closet-sized work space. He asked if we'd signed up for the contest yet, and I said I had but my friend hadn't. He had us both fill out a form, saying "I have to have this whole stack of forms filled out before the show starts, so it's okay if you want to fill one out even though you already did." He talked to us for 10-15 minutes, getting to know us and asking a lot of questions about our love for Gaga. Nathan wasn't a big Gaga fan. Just me. Before he ended the conversation, he had me fill out three or more contest entry forms, in addition to the two I'd already filled out. We asked him how the job works with Virgin Mobile. He said (and this is verbatim, I will NEVER forget it because I immediately began to wonder if I'd just won the contest): "Let's just say, at the end of the night, I step on the Virgin Mobile bus, and everybody shuts up."

During the opening act, Semi Precious Weapons, a guy in a staff uniform who I hadn't seen yet came down the steps towards our seats clearly looking at the row numbers. My heart was racing. Going nuts. And then he found me. He asked me to come with him into the arena hall so we could talk without all the noise of the concert. He told me I had won and how the contest would work. He also told me that the winner gets a seat upgrade, but my seats were better than the upgrade so he gave me the choice of staying in my seat or moving to the contest seats. I stayed in mine. 

When I came back, I knew within 5 minutes what I was going to say to her, and I kept repeating it so I wouldn't forget it. My main inspiration was the clip we had from the HBO special. This was before the HBO special came out, but we had the clip of her crying in her dressing room and saying something like "They need me to be brave, but I don't feel brave. I just want to be a queen for them." This is why I HAD to tell her that she isn't just brave for us, that we, monsters, are brave for HER. 

Nathan asked me what I was going to say to her. He was invited to be a part of the call, too. It's for "you and one of your guests." I told him, and he said, "Well if you're going to say all that, can I tell her that I think Judas SUCKS?" We got into a huge fight about this, and he left the arena. I didn't know if he was coming back or not, but he was still gone when they came and got me during Gaga's performance to set me up for the phone call. 

Two wonderful women, one named Danielle and the other Tracy (photographer and author of Heal This Way), explained everything to me as I was taken into a private elevator and explained how the show would work. The phone call would be fake. I was set up with a microphone pack on my waist, and a phone-shaped plastic box that had a small microphone attached to it. This is why the phone call dialing sounds the same in every show. This is also why the contest winner is always in the same area of each arena when Gaga calls. It would take FOREVER for the lights and Gaga to find the phone call winner in the audience if she was actually calling a phone.

During this set up, Nathan had returned to the stadium and texted me 8 times and called me 40 times. My nerves where everywhere and I was SO anxious, but in the back of my mind I kept thinking "**** HIM, this is my chance with her."

Phone call happened. I went back to my seat. When there were about four songs left, the Virgin Mobile crew came and got me to take me to the side of the stage. Nathan came with us. He argued and yelled at me the whole time. Security wouldn't  separate him from me though I asked. They said "If you came together, we can't stop him from harassing you." But the Virgin Mobile person told me "If you guyscan't stop, neither of you will see her." As we got to the VIP entrance, he asked me, "Is this guy coming with you or not?" I said no, and he slapped a VIP pass sticker on me and told Gaga's security to fight Nathan off if he tried to enter the VIP area. 

I had Justin Tranter (who was very clearly on drugs) and Lady Starlight dancing by me while I waited for the show to end. Before the last song (I think), security took me to a hallway backstage where I would wait to meet her. Eventually she came walking from the stage to the hallway, wearing her Born This Way yellow dress. She was barefoot and I was shocked at how short she was. She said hi and asked me to tell her what my name was, it'd been awhile since the call. She thanked me so much for everything and gave me a big hug. She asked if I had anything for her to sign, but all I had was my concert ticket and a CD-ROM of photos that Virgin Mobile took during the call. She signed both (unfortunately these were lost during multiple moves across the country). Then I told her about my fansite (Blueberry Kiss Me) and asked if she could film a video for it, and she said of course! Then we made this video below. She told me she loves me and then she went off on to whatever she had next.

The blowup with Nathan and the fear I wouldn't get to meet her because of him had me extremely shook up, and I was so nervous. You can tell I'm just sort of frozen and numb in this video. But that was it! They led me to an elevator from that hallway, and it took me to a place near the entrance of the arena. Before I got on, Danielle told me that was the best phone call she'd ever seen and she was teary-eyed. She said she was so glad she got to meet me, and she wanted me to have her wings (part of the dark angel costume). That was amazing. They were also lost in the moves though  When I got off the elevator, people immediately saw me and ran up to me to talk about the phone call. It was awesome, but I was still in shock lol

My name isn't Timmers

KatieJudasGaga4

I adore this video! I remember seeing this video a long time ago and it made me tear up! Thanks for saying this!

PS: When you said your mom hated pop, but she sang Judas with you, I screamed "TASTE"  :firega:

5 minutes ago, Pink Plastique said:

I kinda got teary eyed from your story. What happened to Nathan though?

He went to the hotel and told my aunt (who funded the whole trip) that I had abandoned him, made security attack him, and a bunch of other stuff that was never made clear to me. When I got back to the hotel, my aunt was drunk and went off on me for being a horrible person, saying we were going to end the trip two days early because of how mean I was to Nathan, etc etc. She understood what really happened the next day when she was sober. She told me she had half a mind to put him on a bus back to Indy when we were still on the way to Cleveland because he was driving her nuts. 

A few years later he messaged me to tell me that 1) He actually loves Judas now, 2) he was diagnosed with bipolar and is a completely different person now that he's medicated, and 3) I was his one that got away. We dated for two months so the idea that I was his "one" is just laughable.

My name isn't Timmers

4 minutes ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

I adore this video! I remember seeing this video a long time ago and it made me tear up! Thanks for saying this!

PS: When you said your mom hated pop, but she sang Judas with you, I screamed "TASTE"  :firega:

I just spit out my drink :ladyhaha:

2 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

So you were emo-ish? :gayhat:

Girl, I was CONFUSED. I was bullied for being gay for five years before I knew I was gay, so as soon as I figured out I was in fact a dicksuckersexual, I did all sorts of crazy stuff with my hair and sometimes makeup. Now I'm a zaddy, whatever the hell that means. 

E605445-A-C8-E1-4-C3-D-8-FDA-5-B877025-A

F5-C4285-F-D27-A-48-DA-8455-AFDEE8-AD47-

My name isn't Timmers

Red Velvet
6 minutes ago, Timmers said:

I was his one that got away. We dated for two months so the idea that I was his "one" is just laughable.

If you were me, I would have been deciding whether to love or laugh. HAHAHAHAHAH. You’re much stronger than me and it shows. :heart:

BLACKPINK IN YOUR AREA

Tom Nook

Omg I think I remember hearing about it on Radio ARTPOP, that must’ve been a truly special moment :party:I hope to meet Gaga some day

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

1 minute ago, Gardevoir said:

Omg I think I remember hearing about it on Radio ARTPOP, that must’ve been a truly special moment :party:I hope to meet Gaga some day

We talked about all our experiences meeting her quite a few times so wouldn't surprise me at all!! :pawsup:

My name isn't Timmers

7 hours ago, Pink Plastique said:

If you were me, I would have been deciding whether to love or laugh. HAHAHAHAHAH. You’re much stronger than me and it shows. :heart:

I'm sure if it had only been a few months since we broke up, I would have been all over that. But at the time he messaged me, I hadn't dated anyone in years and had moved 2,000 miles away so I hadn't even thought about him in years.

7 hours ago, Brie Candy said:

Such a sweet moment. I wish we could just go back in time.

Can you imagine? This was before we all knew her whole personality and family life and every little thing about her. She was still such an iconic, inspirational, international mystery.

My name isn't Timmers

• 3 weeks later...
Pop Music

I used to watch this video all the time dreaming of this to happen to me. It was always in my youtube recommended and i've watched it so many times. You story always touched me and I'm so glad you got to have this experience. 

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

Archived