💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

How did 1989 win over To Pimp a Butterfly?

whocares

Featured Posts

whocares

I love 1989. It’s in my opinion Taylor’s best album. I have been a fan of Kendrick Lamar since 2013 when streaming was first starting to take off. I came across his album good kid, m.a.a.d city where Gaga was supposed to be featured for the song Bitch, Don’t Kill My Vibe. For some reason, I didn’t listen To Pimp a Butterfly. I always ignored it and jumped straight to DAMN. His latest album. So for me, 1989 was deserving of its win. I always thought people were bitter for not wanting her to win Album Of The Year. But man, I decided to listen To Pimp a Butterfly and I cannot for once understand how and in what world 1989 is a better album. I can easily say To Pimp a Butterfly is one of the GREATEST albums of the 21st century. It was such an experience listening to the whole project. I know this is old news but I’m just speechless..

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed, it’s an album you have to listen all the way through, it’s a story/experience:diane:

💋 𝕊𝕥𝕖𝕡 𝕐𝕒 ℂ𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕚𝕖𝕤 𝕌𝕡💋🍪

whocares
12 minutes ago, Talenti said:

Agreed, it’s an album you have to listen all the way through, it’s a story/experience:diane:

Yea, this is truly an album you have to listen to entirely to appreciate:bradley: I was also surprise to hear tons of classical instruments throughout the album.

Candy Gaga

Academy members get to vote and Hip/Hip ain't everyone's favourite genre unlike pop who has more appeal so her album got more votes.

KatieJudasGaga4

Idk, but the Grammys choices has always been peculiar. DAMN and Melodrama were easily better than 24k Magic, but the latter won. 

whocares
1 minute ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

Idk, but the Grammys choices has always been peculiar. DAMN and Melodrama were easily better than 24k Magic, but the latter won. 

Ugh I remember rooting for Melodrama me DAMN:triggered:

AJRocketMan

The major award shows have been out of touch for several years. And yet you guys act like the Grammy’s and the Oscars are the sh¡t only because Gaga wins lots of awards from those guys. 🙄 They screw plenty of people and artists over that are far more deserving of wins.

KatieJudasGaga4
3 hours ago, AJRocketMan said:

The major award shows have been out of touch for several years. And yet you guys act like the Grammy’s and the Oscars are the sh¡t only because Gaga wins lots of awards from those guys. 🙄 They screw plenty of people and artists over that are far more deserving of wins.

Because when Gaga wins, they make the right decision. 

tenor.gif?itemid=7165463

Morphine Prince

Because mediocrity that sells a lot is rewarded. And 1989 is actually her best Pop album. 

Just like Lover will probably get awards and Lana’s Norman F*cking Rockwell! will be ignored despite it being the best album of the year. 

Archived