Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

More Impactful: BTW or ASIB?

bxr

BTW or ASIB …  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Which Project / Era is More Impactful?

• Born This Way
    • A Star is Born

Featured Posts

Title … but, as far as impact — Born This Way or A Star is Born … which is the more pivotal powerhouse in terms of Gaga’s legacy and the era’s / message’s cultural imprint?

Kind of a random question, but both projects / eras feel like apex legacy moments (albeit from varied ends of the spectrum — one more socially-conscious / cultural vanguard … one more commercial / critical acclaim (i.e streams, sales / Oscars)), so just curious on the forum POV …

Anveeroy

We don't care what people say, we know the truth
Enough is enough of this horse ****
I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun.
Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom.

tenor.gif

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

Anderson123

Born This Way was a huge moment in her career but I feel like 10 years later The Fame and The Fame Monster seem like they had a bigger impact than Born This Way. 

Right now I feel like A Star Is Born is still very present but has had a huge impact on her career, not just the music but in the movie industry. It’s only been a year and I already feel like people appreciate her more for A Star Is Born than Born This Way. 

RenegAde

ARTPOP :lolly: 

Jk

I think after gaga has another successful era people may forget about ASIB a little, but born this way  is her most pivotal work.

Franch Toast

I think BTW probably has had more of a personal impact on individuals and even has helped save lives, but ASIB has catapulted her beyond her original fanbase and captured the attention of people who'd previously dismissed her as a talented hack who resorted to gimmicks (though I think actually, The Sound of Music medley performance at the Oscars and the two Super Bowl performances probably already helped bring her to the GP's attention). I think BTW is more pivotal to her message of acceptance, inclusivity, and kindness, but ASIB has helped her gain greater respect from the general public, which in turn has led/will lead more people to BTW. That's why I voted for ASIB, though honestly I think it's a toss-up. I guess it depends on what aspect of her legacy one wishes to underscore...

She/Her/Hers

I feel like Born This Way had more impact. ASIB was very iconic too, but Born This Way was such a big moment, no star has been as polarizing as Gaga was during the Born This Way era, in quick succession after The Fame and TFM, she was undoubtedly the biggest star in the world by miles at that point. The Born This Way era was inescapable as was The Fame and The Fame Monster in 2011, all her 3 eras had such high relevancy and impact even in 2011.

G U C C I
1 minute ago, Franch Toast said:

I think BTW probably has had more of a personal impact on individuals and even has helped save lives, but ASIB has catapulted her beyond her original fanbase and captured the attention of people who'd previously dismissed her as a talented hack who resorted to gimmicks (though I think actually, The Sound of Music medley performance at the Oscars and the two Super Bowl performances probably already helped bring her to the GP's attention). I think BTW is more pivotal to her message of acceptance, inclusivity, and kindness, but ASIB has helped her gain greater respect from the general public, which in turn has led/will lead more people to BTW. That's why I voted for ASIB, though honestly I think it's a toss-up. I guess it depends on what aspect of her legacy one wishes to underscore...

Perfectly stated :applause:

I don't think it's fair to compare them, they are both completely different projects with completely different intents. But to answer the question, definitely BTW. It's helped so many people accept who they are and deal with all kinds of struggles, it empowered many youths and members of the LGBT community. ASIB was a huge success but culturally, I don't think it had that much of an impact.

KatieJudasGaga4
48 minutes ago, Flu Symptom said:

BTW. Joanne had more impact than ASIB

I love Joanne, the album and the era are fantastic. However, ASIB clearly had the more impactful era. 

Archived