Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

'Dirrty' - Xtina Released 17 Years Ago!

Davian

Featured Posts

IF YOU AIN'T DIRRTY, YOU AIN'T HERE TO PARTYYYYYY

Today 17 years ago (September 14th 2002) Christina Aguilera released her lead single of Stripped 'Dirrty'!:firega:
The song with it's video marked a new image for Xtina, leaving her innocent pop girl days behind. She had huge succes in her Debut era but wasn't happy with her image and lack of control. She made this song as response to that. Note that she was 21 when this was released:bradley: It seems the general public (in the USA) wasn't here for it and the song reached a peak of #48 on the Billboard Hot 100. Although the video was a hit on MTV. The song was a really big hit outside of the USA and definitely one of her signature hits:firega:

The iconic music video:

The iconic sl*tdrop:
QuestionableInfiniteAsiandamselfly-size_

Xtina performing Dirrty in 2019:
She' serving vocals, stage presence and choreography:pray:

B-Side to 'Dirrty' - 'I Will Be':
A lesser known song is the B Side to 'Dirrty' (that appears on the CD Single) is 'I Will Be'! Its a beautiful piano ballad that is sadly not on streaming services, but worth listening to!

What are your opinions on the song? And do you have any memories with it?2018_xtina10.gif

What you want Lady Gaga🥂 What you want with Christina🥂

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Sunny said:

i've been a sl*t ever since 

It's life changing:pray:

giphy.gif

This video is the reason my father banned MTV! I remember waiting for days to catch it on MTV and my father had to ban MTV because he saw the video and t.A.t.U lesbian kiss! I had to illegally download it from a friend house and have it on CD :cryga:

3 minutes ago, Faysalaaa said:

This video is the reason my father banned MTV! I remember waiting for days to catch it on MTV and my father had to ban MTV because he saw the video and t.A.t.U lesbian kiss! I had to illegally download it from a friend house and have it on CD :cryga:

Omg I can't:ladyhaha::rip: Her impact:ladyhaha:

hausofcy

I came in this thread to tag you @Davian 

“Omg the song came out 10 years before you were born. Shook”

turns out you made the thread :rip: 

figures 

🇯🇵

Prismatic Light

I never listened to Christina tbh, but I thought this song was considered one of her biggest hits? So it seems weird it has that low peak :confused:

Be kind 🧡

Cyber Babylon
12 minutes ago, Prismatic Monster said:

I never listened to Christina tbh, but I thought this song was considered one of her biggest hits? So it seems weird it has that low peak :confused:

it's a hit outside the United States:bradley:

44 minutes ago, hausofcy said:

I came in this thread to tag you @Davian 

“Omg the song came out 10 years before you were born. Shook”

turns out you made the thread :rip: 

figures 

:ladyhaha:

You entering the thread seeing I made it:

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c897e1e28ea3ec3dcc93c6

30 minutes ago, insight said:

It was such a WTF moment at that time. To me, it felt forced and not so sophisticated. 

That’s because she wanted to shock. She went from innocent bubblegum pop girl to this, which is the complete opposite. In later music video’s she kept the same raw Stripped image but not as intense as Dirrty. With Dirrty she wanted to let everyone know she wasn’t here for her old image anymore:firega:

Glamourpuss

Holy crap! I forgot about the song I Will Be. I used to listen to it all the time when I was obsessed with Xtina. :diane:

Thanks for reminding me of it's existence. :wub:

33 minutes ago, Prismatic Monster said:

First you should change that:ally::staymad:

But basically this

21 minutes ago, Chris Martin said:

it's a hit outside the United States:bradley:

And the music video was a big hit on MTV, which was huge at the time! I believe the song got good radio play too. But America is overall more conservative so I don’t think many people appreciated it:laughga:

Archived