'Dirrty' - Xtina Released 17 Years Ago!

Davian

Featured Posts

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Swallow said:

****ing iconic :giveup:

and a mess at you completely ignoring the fact that it was a hit outside the US and one of her signature songs.

I wasn’t ignoring it on purpose, forgot to mention it:toofunny: I edited it tho:toofunny:

I would never do that to my Queen:giveup:

What you want Lady Gaga🥂 What you want with Christina🥂

The video had such a big impact on me as a child. I gasped when I saw her like this, that's when I first realized, oh my god Britney might be a sexual being too... what about Hilary Duff? Oh my god, these people have sex.... :saladga:

Weirdly noboby banned me from watching it cause everytime I would watch MTV nobody was here just my grandparents and they were never in the living room so I was obsessed with it :ladyhaha: But I was in shock; honestly the most shocking is that they actually aired something like that on TV, for me it was close to **** even tho I didn't know what **** was. What's funny is that my aunts would always close my eyes whenever there would be a kissing scene in a movie and after that video I just kept thinking 'bitch you have no idea what I saw on MTV...' so it's forever iconic and forever in my heart. I wonder if there'll ever be a video/pop song/artist with that much balls and courage to do something like that without caring about ur 'image' etc 

I think Britney shouldve done that, but she didnt have the courage, if she broke her image of the perfect pop star she couldve felt more free and happier but thruout her career she had to deal with the image and the reality of who she was, and then tried to break free until it was too late and she broke free in a devastating way by having a mental breakdown. Suddenly she was the 'crazy white trash' Britney, when all she had to do was come out with a video as nasty as Dirrty and be done with it

FentyGa
1 minute ago, Diente said:

I was 9 years old when it was released and this made me feel like a ****ing mummy :bradley:

i was minus one:queenga:

41 minutes ago, kyanewest said:

The video had such a big impact on me as a child. I gasped when I saw her like this, that's when I first realized, oh my god Britney might be a sexual being too... what about Hilary Duff? Oh my god, these people have sex.... :saladga:

Weirdly noboby banned me from watching it cause everytime I would watch MTV nobody was here just my grandparents and they were never in the living room so I was obsessed with it :ladyhaha: But I was in shock; honestly the most shocking is that they actually aired something like that on TV, for me it was close to **** even tho I didn't know what **** was. What's funny is that my aunts would always close my eyes whenever there would be a kissing scene in a movie and after that video I just kept thinking 'bitch you have no idea what I saw on MTV...' so it's forever iconic and forever in my heart. I wonder if there'll ever be a video/pop song/artist with that much balls and courage to do something like that without caring about ur 'image' etc 

Ikr, it’s crazy that this was allowed on tv!:ladyhaha: It’s so graphic and the only thing that’s missing it real nudity, but even that wasn’t far off. I think I would have had the same reaction as you if I wasn’t 2 when it was released:selena:

I had this when I saw Gaga for the first time during the BTWB. I was so in shock when I saw her perform Government Hooker. I didn’t even know what the song was about. So when I saw one of her dancers stimulate oral on Gaga and she spread her legs like that... I gasped. Worst part was that my mom was next to me:ladyhaha: I didn’t know what it was called what they were doing but I knew it was dirrty.

46 minutes ago, kyanewest said:

I think Britney shouldve done that, but she didnt have the courage, if she broke her image of the perfect pop star she couldve felt more free and happier but thruout her career she had to deal with the image and the reality of who she was, and then tried to break free until it was too late and she broke free in a devastating way by having a mental breakdown. Suddenly she was the 'crazy white trash' Britney, when all she had to do was come out with a video as nasty as Dirrty and be done with it

I second this. But I also think Britney didn’t have the urge to break free early in her career (I might be wrong tho). Xtina always had that urge. She was extremely grateful for her Debut era but she always knew this type of music was not what she wanted to make for the rest of her career. So she played the ‘label game’ for her to be more known in the music industry and broke free as soon as she could:tony:

And even during her Debut era she did ‘rebelish’ stuff to be different from what the label wants. Like going a more R&B route with So Emotinal and wanting to promote it. Or going fill out on vocal acrobatics so she wouldn’t be named the next Britney, what every label was trying to make.

Prismatic Light
5 hours ago, Davian said:

I wasn’t a fan of her music at first too and look at me know lol... She is my #1 fave together with Gaga:laughga:

I started with Bionic and I think that’s the one you’ll like the most too! It’s electronic/pop music:tony: 

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c897564c1fbed744ea604a

She also has Lotus which is basically a pure pop album and her self titled Debut is 00’s bubblegum pop. 

Stripped and Liberation are more R&B/Hip Hop/Pop and Back to Basics Soul/Jazz inspired music from the ‘20/‘30/‘40s

Thanks for the suggestion :staymad:

Bionic triggered some interest in me, I'll listen to it as soon as possible! also somehow the less famous work from artists is always the one I like the most (became a monster because of ARTPOP, a katycat because and Witness, and I started to love Madonna with Hard Candy so...):excited2: Can't wait, Ill try to listen to it tomorrow! Thanks tho! 

Be kind 🧡

DiamondKing
3 hours ago, Prismatic Monster said:

Bionic triggered some interest in me, I'll listen to it as soon as possible! also somehow the less famous work from artists is always the one I like the most (became a monster because of ARTPOP, a katycat because and Witness, and I started to love Madonna with Hard Candy so...):excited2: Can't wait, Ill try to listen to it tomorrow! Thanks tho! 

Hell yeah another Witness stan, that’s my favorite Katy record :nooo:

Sorry @Davian for derailing the thread :selena:

OT: Dirrty was one of those songs you immediately recognize even if you don't know the artist or anything and she's really that bitch :lolly:

14 hours ago, Prismatic Monster said:

I’m a also more attracted to underrated songs/albums from artists! Bionic is my favorite Xtina album and ARTPOP is my favorite album of all time:firega:

Most of the time I don’t have popular singles in my top 10 songs and I love deep cuts like Swine, Gypsy or Marry the Night (that deserved better:bradley:)

I hope you’ll like Bionic! It’s a great introduction to Christina in my opinion. And more accessible because she doesn’t use her distinctive high notes in every song.

Archived