đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Sam Smith changes their pronouns to they/them

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

ear condom
1 hour ago, arrtpop said:

these comments :triggered: why can’t yall just respect what someone wants to be called

tenor.gif

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chromaticunt

A lot of judgement here coming from gay boys considering not long ago homosexuality was considered a mental illness rather than a sexuality.. 

ALGAYDO

I can’t believe the ignorant **** some of y’all are spewing out. Reminds me of when it was the social norm to **** all over gays and lesbians. Now the gays and lesbians are doing it to the bisexual/trans/non-binary individuals. Guess gays and straights are equal, equally trash. 

codymonster
8 minutes ago, ThatBinch said:

A lot of judgement here coming from gay boys considering not long ago homosexuality was considered a mental illness rather than a sexuality.. 

This SOOOO much. Entitled idiots who have NO respect for the ridicule and negativity that came before them. I'm honestly appalled how disrespectful some of the gay community can be. Sam Smith's decision does not affect you AT ALL. Whether you agree or not with it really doesn't matter. He wants to be called "they" so do it.  Not sure why this is such a big deal for some of you.

ModernEcstasy

I always get confused because They/Them just doesn’t make sense to me as they are not singular meaning words, unless in the “correct” sentence. 

But great for them. Gender should not define people. 

Regina George
2 hours ago, OMonster said:

This raises questions regards how Sam is awarded in the future. 

Are they eligible for 'Best Male' categories? And if not, where do they fit in? 

I guess they'd just be removed from the gendered categories, altogether. 

But if that is the case, I am surprised their record label have let them  be so public with this... since it'll impact their 'critical' success in the industry. 

Just a thought! 

InB4 new categories “Best they video” and “best they album”. :neyde:

Sneaky Oliver

Can the LGBTQI community come up with some creative ideas for a new gender-neutral pronoun? I think we can do that

Imagine if there was an international LGBTQI reunion... the mess, I mean the slay :bradley:

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Sam Smith annoys me, they’re so try hard with everything and they’re just a basic gay. Like not out of the ordinary whatsoever.

BYE

DonatellaPop

i would like to take this moment to apologise to the non binary individuals reading this and seeing all the hate comments, I assure you, you are accepted, people just aren't thinking properly.

https://blacklivesmatter.com/

Sneaky Oliver
1 hour ago, Autumn said:

If you ask me, I've always felt that there needs to be a split/divide between the LGB+ community and the T+ community. Gay people or bisexuals or any other sexual minority often fail to share ANY experiences with a trans person beyond "coming out". Consider an LGBA+ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, asexual, pansexual etc.) and a TNB+ (transgender, non binary etc.) community 

Both this one and @scarlxrd's comment are worth such a smart debate/ discussion. You guys have pretty good ideas tbh. I think as the "typical" LGBs are starting to get support, we should support the TNB group which's still in a darker place compared to the previous group. I mean, it's all about respect and compassion!

I’m on my Legacy Act era

I'm apologize to everyone who is non-binary. Know you are loved. 

And that a singular "they" has existed before most of us were born. 

TheQueenLG

What is so hard for people to understand about this? 

When someone identifies with 'he, him, his' pronouns, they are placed within a social construct and are expected by society to have masculine traits. 

When someone identifies with 'she, her, hers' pronouns, they are placed within a different social construct and are expected by society to have feminine traits.

Sam Smith obviously doesn't want to be put in either one of these boxes, and believes that their gender identity transcends the societal presumptions that are made based solely on someone's preferred pronoun. 

Enlighten yourselves, ffs. 

StrawberryBlond

One should be free to identify however they wish. The only time this will become a genuine issue in the music business is when it comes to awards. Most ceremonies don't have general categories (yet). Until that day, where does anyone who doesn't define themselves as male or female placed? Some might say it's unfair to have a biological male still compete in male categories even after they've called themselves non-binary. But I think awards shouldn't be about personal gender identity unless you're trans (in which case, you should be re-assigned category). But they/them pronouns are so personal to the individual and the rest of the world still sees you as male/female anyway and will think of you as such, your pronouns in this case are all about how you see yourself, not how the rest of the world views you. With that in mind, I see no unfairness in continuing to keep Sam in male category awards. I'm just hoping the day never comes where gender neutral awards become the norm across the board. Not only does that mean that women will win less awards when competing against men where they weren't before (we know this will happen) but they may even struggle to get nominations now as committees tend to favour male output in general and will be more likely to pick it over female output if they have to make that choice. This is a really negative side of exacting rules around pronouns as opposed to just making them all about an individual's personal identifier and nothing else.

• CyanLights locked this topic

Archived