💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Sam Smith changes their pronouns to they/them

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

My opinion might be controversial but why can't he just identify as non-binary and allow people to refer to him as he or she. Like the "they" thing is so dramatic. You're a celebrity, you can't expect everyone you encounter from now on to know your pronoun preference. Sam needs to take notes from Ezra Miller. 

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Evan Peters
1 minute ago, scarlxrd said:

Doesn’t they/them refer to two or more people?

It’s used as a gender neutral term as well. But technically speaking, yes

emma roberts is an abuser

noisullitcefrep

It is so difficult to treat non-binary people the right way though. Many languages don't have proper non-binary pronouns which don't sound weird or offensive. I think it wouldn't be hard to add genderless pronouns, however, society doesn't seem to be ready...

edengowon
2 minutes ago, noisullitcefrep said:

It is so difficult to treat non-binary people the right way though. Many languages don't have proper non-binary pronouns which don't sound weird or offensive. I think it wouldn't be hard to add genderless pronouns, however, society doesn't seem to be ready...

they them is a genderless pronoun though...

the artist formerly known as melancholia

ANTI WP

Well its 21st century ... hey may change his dogs pronoun to he/him   ( legally ) in future .... who know ...what shiat is going to happen???

Illuminati
7 minutes ago, holy scheisse said:

Makes me wonder why there are gendered award categories in the first place. like "let's decide which person with a penis has the best song" or "which vagina had the biggest hit this year?"

Actually I think gendered categories were introduced to acknowledge females more in a male dominated industry but it is getting quite redundant. I think artists (or their management) choose what categories to submit the artist to (for example Grammys), so they could just pick male category despite Sam being gender fluid.

noisullitcefrep
Just now, Autumn said:

they them is a genderless pronoun though...

English isn't the only language skskksk. German for example doesn't have a proper way to address non-binary people. It either sounds totally out of place or is offensive as it objectifies people 

edengowon
2 minutes ago, noisullitcefrep said:

English isn't the only language skskksk. German for example doesn't have a proper way to address non-binary people. It either sounds totally out of place or is offensive as it objectifies people 

I know English isn't the only language but many languages do have ways of referring to 'them' as a group that could be used to refer to non binary people. Also, many non binary people don't mind if they get called he or she (from my own experience they understand it's unusual to many and sometimes not possible), it's not like they're demanding to be called a specific pronoun, just asking and most likely wouldn't mind if you used a gendered pronoun

edengowon
Just now, scarlxrd said:

Look, I’m going to be completely honest. I have gotten in heated arguments with other friends within the LGBTQ community. Regarding gender and pronouns. I feel like I‘m not part of the community anymore. It just have gotten to a point where I think is way too much. I just don’t know what’s going on. And I don’t mean to offend anyone. Like what are we becoming exactly?

If you ask me, I've always felt that there needs to be a split/divide between the LGB+ community and the T+ community. Gay people or bisexuals or any other sexual minority often fail to share ANY experiences with a trans person beyond "coming out". Consider an LGBA+ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, asexual, pansexual etc.) and a TNB+ (transgender, non binary etc.) community 

The Michael Jackson fan's are attacking him hard on all his posts. Like why? What a bunch of pedo loving psychos.

15 minutes ago, Versace said:

My opinion might be controversial but why can't he just identify as non-binary and allow people to refer to him as he or she. Like the "they" thing is so dramatic. You're a celebrity, you can't expect everyone you encounter from now on to know your pronoun preference. Sam needs to take notes from Ezra Miller. 

It doesn't have to be dramatic though. Like I'm sure they aren't going to burst into tears or throw coffee in someone's face if they are mistakenly misgendered. 

Sam is a celebrity so this just lets people who might be writing an article or interviewing them know how they preferred to be addressed. And it lets others out there who might be struggling know they aren't alone. 

• CyanLights locked this topic

Archived