Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Why don't DJ's CREDIT the singers?

KURUSHITOVSKA

Featured Posts

misunderstood
1 hour ago, TheShameMonster said:

Cuz male DJs are egotistical selfish fratboys wbk:nails: 

Of course one of y'all would think it's that deep, keep trying and crying :nails:

"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
misunderstood
1 hour ago, SpookyKid said:

just like producers arent a "feat." on an artists song I guess

This

"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"

1 hour ago, SpookyKid said:

That was my thought but I’m not in the industry so what do I know :bon:

This is normal in EDM. Featuring and crediting artists is usually nothing more than a marketing tactic.

Besides, in EDM, the vocals take a backseat to the actual production. It's really not about the vocals.

IAmNotHere1997

Some of them simply preffer not to be credited. If I were to provide vocals for a DJ, I wouldn't want to be credited either. Sometimes it's a prefference, while sometimes is truly a snub. :wtf:

derpmonster
5 hours ago, AJRocketMan said:

Because it may not be that important? Vocals aren’t everything in music. Stop placing so much emphasis on vocals. There’s plenty of great music out there that doesn’t have vocals at all.

There are songs in OP's list that not a tenth of people who know them would know if they didn't have the vocals in them.

Let's face it. Vocals make music much more accessible and appealing to the general public in most cases.

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

derpmonster
8 minutes ago, Nightwing said:

Besides, in EDM, the vocals take a backseat to the actual production. It's really not about the vocals.

A reverse ARTPOP expedition :huntyga:

OT: I think if singing is a significant part of the song (i.e. most cases), the singer should at least be a featured artist next to the title.

derpmonster
5 hours ago, SpookyKid said:

In most cases, a song will still be recognizable as that song without production or with a different production. Vocals take the place of a whole instrument and carry a melody.

And it's common to hear shoutouts to producers - "A RedOne", "Nein Zedd", etc.

If anything, we should call for more distributed credit for all makers of a song rather than saying one is more important than the other.

6 hours ago, Runway said:

Because most of them are unknown and/or independent artists  and this is their only chance to get their voice out there, like kesha wasn’t credited on right round, she only got credited AFTER she became famous with her own hits

Kesha didn’t want to be credited on that track because she wanted to be known for her own music from the start.

RadioIsOurs

Because half of these vocal features have no presence of personality at all...although that could also be said for the rest of the song :reductive:

RepentingSinner
On 9/13/2019 at 3:13 AM, KURUSHITOVSKA said:

Song title and artist or feat. They only care about the singer when putting their name on the song could make them profit. 

See that's what I mean. She is an amazing singer and nobody knew about her until "Breathe" but her biggest hit is HDIYL

Well, to be fair, in Norway she is very famous. 

Archived