SpookyKid

just like producers arent a "feat." on an artists song I guess

Life has a hopeful undertone |-/

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LordEnigma
31 minutes ago, KURUSHITOVSKA said:

How would a singer in a hit song be anonymous? Every singer wants to be recognized

Do you mean in the song title or they don't get credited in the "credits" of the song?

BornAsUnic0rn
11 minutes ago, Widows Kiss said:

Sadly, that's not how the industry works. Another example is Bebe Rexha. She wasn't credited in David Guetta's Hey Mama for a very long time.

This is probably more Nicki‘s fault, since she has had this issue with several songs, Ester Dean singing the chorus of Super Bass & Turn Me On, the singer singing „The Crying Game“ wasn’t credited at the beginning too. 

But yeah, this is a common practice in both hip hop and EDM/Dance Music. But you need to think of it, sometimes vocalists don’t want to be recognized because of a song they sold or got paid for. Because it is not the type of music they want to do. This is the case for Sia and Wild Ones for example.

Bebe sang the most important part in „The Monster“, but only Rihanna was credited. Bebe and others being ****ed over by the industry is awful, truly. But many times it‘s the decision of the singer/artist and their Label to stay unnamed. 

RepentingSinner
25 minutes ago, KURUSHITOVSKA said:

Coins isn't what i'm talking about... It's recognition. Ina Wroldsen is the one singing on How Deep Is Your Love, it became a hit, yet her voice was never recognized, when at least 60% of the song's success is thanks to her. And of course she wanted to be recognized 

Yaaaas. Norway represent. I'm a fan of Ina, how come i didn't know this? Maybe cuz i never listened to the song lol.

KURUSHITOVSKA
19 minutes ago, AJRocketMan said:

Because it may not be that important? Vocals aren’t everything in music. Stop placing so much emphasis on vocals. There’s plenty of great music out there that doesn’t have vocals at all.

Well then DON'T MAKE MONEY FROM THOSE VOCALS? Don't release it with vocals and let's see if it becomes a hit or not? 

¿Qué currículum tiene ésta tarántula?

KURUSHITOVSKA
9 minutes ago, LordEnigma said:

Do you mean in the song title or they don't get credited in the "credits" of the song?

Song title and artist or feat. They only care about the singer when putting their name on the song could make them profit. 

10 minutes ago, LittleLocoCoco said:

Yaaaas. Norway represent. I'm a fan of Ina, how come i didn't know this? Maybe cuz i never listened to the song lol.

See that's what I mean. She is an amazing singer and nobody knew about her until "Breathe" but her biggest hit is HDIYL

KURUSHITOVSKA
Just now, SeasonOfTheWitch said:

Because Born This Way is Born This Way and not Born This Way (Ft. DJWS)

A producer isn't the same as the singer. Come on, it's what everybody hears the most, the VOCALS. Imagine DJWS releasing a song with Gaga's vocals on it, and not saying at least "feat. L Gaga"

BornAsUnic0rn
15 minutes ago, AJRocketMan said:

Because it may not be that important? Vocals aren’t everything in music. Stop placing so much emphasis on vocals. There’s plenty of great music out there that doesn’t have vocals at all.

Exactly. With Zedd I‘ve noticed this. When he just booked a vocalist with no imput, simply to „lend their voice“, they aren’t credited as a feature. It’s very much a difference between „this song was a collaborative effort“ and „I booked a vocalist to sing MY song“. And that‘s how most of these cases work. And if not more often than not it is a business decision. Does the Featured Artist want this song in their discography? Could it hurt the vocalist‘s image? Does it fit with their branding?

Same goes with why DJ‘s are featured on some songs („We found love“, „Starstruck“ and „Break Free“) while they aren‘t on others („Where Have You Been“, „Fashion!“, „One Last Time“). Business decisions.

SeasonOfTheWitch
4 minutes ago, KURUSHITOVSKA said:

A producer isn't the same as the singer. Come on, it's what everybody hears the most, the VOCALS.

They’re both equally important though. :laughga: Your obsessive siding with vocalists/singers is extra sis. Producers can be just as impactful as a singer/songwriter. :ohwell:

Also, some singers just don’t want to be credited for putting in something as simple as laying their vocals on a track, especially if it’s not in the forefront of a song. Like Gaga and LN/POTR. Gaga asked specifically not to be a “Ft.” on the track because she didn’t want people thinking it was just a Gaga song or the band was using her for clout (she didn’t want to distract listeners). That’s her decision and you shouldn’t be upset at producers or anyone else for it ksksksksks

43 minutes ago, TheShameMonster said:

Cuz male DJs are egotistical selfish fratboys wbk:nails: 

That's mostly not the case :laughga:

BornAsUnic0rn
2 minutes ago, SeasonOfTheWitch said:

Because Born This Way is Born This Way and not Born This Way (Ft. DJWS)

Or:

Telephone (feat Beyoncé & Darkchild)

Jewels N Drugs (feat T.I., Twista, Too Short & DJWS)

Fashion! (feat will.i.am & David Guetta)

G.U.Y. (feat. Zedd)

A-Yo (feat Mark Ronson)

They would have all worked, and maybe even been beneficial for the commercial success of these songs. 

KURUSHITOVSKA
21 minutes ago, SeasonOfTheWitch said:

They’re both equally important though. :laughga: Your obsessive siding with vocalists/singers is extra sis. Producers can be just as impactful as a singer/songwriter. :ohwell:

Also, some singers just don’t want to be credited for putting in something as simple as laying their vocals on a track, especially if it’s not in the forefront of a song. Like Gaga and LN/POTR. Gaga asked specifically not to be a “Ft.” on the track because she didn’t want people thinking it was just a Gaga song or the band was using her for clout (she didn’t want to distract listeners). That’s her decision and you shouldn’t be upset at producers or anyone else for it ksksksksks

I can understand when it's an A list famous singer that doesn't want to be credited, not when the singer in completely unknown and is trying to begin a career, then the song becomes a hit, and nobody stills know nothing about them because no one told the public it was them singing.

As some have mentioned before, it's the same as producers and songwriters not being credited in song titles. It's the DJ's body of work so it makes sense? 🤷🏽‍♂️

Archived