77 members have voted

1. 1. Are these lyrics iconic?

• yes
    • YASSS
    • y’all hear sumn?

Featured Posts

Glamourpuss
4 minutes ago, KNJ said:

Its quick and cute and tongue in cheek. Its a jump-cut from telling this boy she loves his sexy nickname for her to her making it quite clear he will be buying breakfast in the morning. I can see her saying it while patting him on the cheek while sliding past him.  He asks why only to turn and see she has made herself quite comfortable atop his bed. I love it!

...In the morning buy me eggs

latest?cb=20181112210744

I knew the context already but your explanation just made these lyrics seem so much deeper. :diane:

:fan:

The realization that BBB was so disliked was a total surprise for me; they’d play it in a bar and all the gays would know the lyrics and bop. TF was HappyGa and this would’ve been a fun summer conclusion or pride release; Gaga getting ready with her gays with retro flashback scenes to her in a classic Chevy “I left it in your ash tray” culminating in her and one of her gays realizing they’re courting the same guy: “we love them!” Flash to a split screen of a 3-way and Gaga ‘telephoning’ him. 😋

She deserved a carefree, cheesy, addicting era of 5+ singles and Teenage Dream her iconic status. Lord knows I wish it’d have been TFM for 5+ singles (literally not one serviceable song in the lot) but love the innocence of TF. 

Though I still think I’d be for a double-era of pre-Fame (“Just Dance,” “Pokerface,” “Summerboy,” and “BBB”) + realization of Fame (reworked “The Fame,” “Starstruck,” “LoveGame,” and “Paparazzi.”

TFM being consequence of Fame, BTW being the power/high of Fame (“MTN,” “BTW,” “EOG,” “Scheibe”), and ARTPOP being the rebellion against Fame (“Aura,” and “ARTPOP”) / escaping Fame (“Dope,” “Gypsy”) / submission to Fame (“Applause,” “DWUW”). 

I don't get the hate, it seems like a cute reference to things that really happened back then. He called her "legs", and sometimes bought her eggs in the morning. Nothing deep but nothing bad either.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Archived