💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

PewDiePie cancels donation to Jewish anti-hate group after fan backlash

Supersonic

Featured Posts

CautiousLurker
23 minutes ago, kyanewest said:

Yeah i watch walkthrough too if i cant afford the game lol it's fun but i wouldnt say im a fan of theradbrad (u prolly know him) :huntyga:

A lot of youtubers who make video-game related content will use that game to create basically skit, or some other form of entertainment videos... Sometimes they have an interesting personality that's fun to watch - it's not that different from regular youtube skits or stand up, and depending on how particular a person is, those videos can get pretty damn nuanced when it comes to things like pacing and editing - some people put genuine effort into them... 

It's ok to not see the appeal in it, but it's clearly a form of entertainment a lot of people are drawn to and just because you don't see the reason doesn't mean there isn't a good reason for people to enjoy it... I don't see how people can enjoy watching others play regular sports, or reality tv - to each their own :flower:

whocares
7 minutes ago, LaLuna said:

The real scandal is how a guy who plays video games has 100 million subscribers :saladga:

Like, how the hell is he still relevant after all those years? I don't get, I really don't.

I know the gaming community is huge. But is he really that good of a gamer tho?

CautiousLurker
2 minutes ago, scarlxrd said:

I know the gaming community is huge. But is he really that good of a gamer tho?

How good of a gamer you are rarely determines how popular you are... Generally, personality > gaming skills... That's why Ninja is the most popular Fortnite streamer - he didn't even qualify for the tournament, as far as Fortnite goes, he's nowhere near best...

whocares
2 minutes ago, CautiousLurker said:

How good of a gamer you are rarely determines how popular you are... Generally, personality > gaming skills... That's why Ninja is the most popular Fortnite streamer - he didn't even qualify for the tournament, as far as Fortnite goes, he's nowhere near best...

Got it. I guess he’s the most entertaining guy there is on YouTube for him to have the most subscribers.

Well, not surprising. Some of his fans hate Jews and so does he lbr. Didn’t he make some Indian guys hold up a sign with “gas the Jews” or something 

30 minutes ago, LaLuna said:

The real scandal is how a guy who plays video games has 100 million subscribers :saladga:

Like, how the hell is he still relevant after all those years? I don't get, I really don't.

Just because you don't understand something doesn't mean that it should be irrelevant. Maybe crawl out from under the rock from time to time?

Purr more, hiss less.

11 minutes ago, CautiousLurker said:

Exactly, at the end of the day game commentary & Let's plays are for entertainment. If you're not adding to the experience you're not really entertaining anyone.

Purr more, hiss less.

6 minutes ago, Melech said:

Well, not surprising. Some of his fans hate Jews and so does he lbr. Didn’t he make some Indian guys hold up a sign with “gas the Jews” or something 

I don't mean to call you out personally Melech, and I barely ever post on here, but I must say that it is precisely the 'or something' portion of your message that is so problematic with people's opinion's on things these days. You clearly don't have a sense of the incident by misquoting that, or even the context surrounding that incident, what transpired, what the result was, and how the Main Stream Media actually manipulated a lot of footage to try and paint Felix as an anti-semite, based off incidents without context.  

To claim that he and his fanbase 'hate Jews' is an incredibly profound statement to make when you haven't followed what happened with detail and clarity. If headlines and 'hearsay' is what people use as an evidence base to accuse people of such incriminating and hateful traits, then I become very concerned  for how little effort we put in to research these days before we label people. 

And no, I am not on here trying to defend PewDiePie. It is far more a statement on how genuinely tired I am of people reading a single headline and making bold assumptions / statements off it, which this thread is filled with already.  

CautiousLurker
11 minutes ago, scarlxrd said:

Got it. I guess he’s the most entertaining guy there is on YouTube for him to have the most subscribers.

He isn't, but he's certainly not terrible at what he does - he also came to the scene relatively early, and kinda kicked off the whole lets play thing, or at least that particular style of it everyone tries to copy :flower:

6 minutes ago, 4BLAiNE said:

To claim that he and his fanbase 'hate Jews'

I said “some” of his fanbase. Don’t misquote me. 

He hired two boys to hold up a sign with “death to all Jews”. You think that is not antisemitic?

3 minutes ago, Melech said:

I said “some” of his fanbase. Don’t misquote me. 

He hired two boys to hold up a sign with “death to all Jews”. You think that is not antisemitic?

I am glad you went and looked up the exact quote this time around.

Yes, he did indeed, but, as  this seems to be a topic you want to have a strong opinion on,  I urge you to investigate, and watch his response videos and the explanation around why he did that, and what his intention behind it was (I can assure you, you will discover very quickly that his intention was not antisemitism). Again - context matters.   

However, my point, I reiterate, is not to defend PewDiePie and therefore I will not get into a debate around what he did and trying to convince you of his motives. My point here is merely do your research and formulate an educated, balanced and clear opinion before you make damaging statements like that. 

StarstruckIllusion
5 hours ago, monster78619 said:

Okay looked into it, fans don’t like his decision because the charity themselves fought hard back in 2017 for Disney to cut ties with pewidepie entirely, which they succeeded in doing. Not a single comment is about the fact that it’s a Jewish charity, or fans being white suprematists 

All he does is play video games, especially mine craft as of late. His audience mainly consists of teens, not shaved-headed nazis terrorising synagogues. Honestly, the whole “pewdiepies fans are all white suprematists” thing is just tiring now

giphy.gif

This. Everyone is leaving out the fact he’s choosing another charity, and this actual reason. Can y’all stop stretching truths bc you’re bored? It unjustly ruins lives. Yeah there’s some that are mad that he’s doing this at all, but everyone has an alt right minority in their  fan base. There’s even some here 😳

img.gif?width=980&height=980

Archived