Gaga covers Allure Magazine

yASSsss

Featured Posts

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gagannefrancc
1 hour ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

The golden outfit is everything omg I need to see it :bradley: the feathers look amazing too

she looks like she's goddess athena in the golden outfit :queenga:

Luna Lovegood
7 minutes ago, mikesoa said:

do any of you know when they upload the " *insert name here* Tries 9 Things She's Never Done Before"?

it's not confirmed if she has a video for allure though... just a possibility... with our luck it's not happening lmao.. love to be proven wrong..

luna’s advocate

Suspiria

Seeing Gaga in full GOOD hair, makeup, jewellery and high fashion...

giving big brother GIF

This is truly up to par with her 2009-2014 photoshoots, she looks incredible.

CyanDante

"Creating art, and meaningful change, out of frustration or pain, bullying or rejection, has transformative power. If makeup was there to lift Lady Gaga up off the floor in her darkest moments, and to give her wings, there’s a joyful symmetry in that. Because that’s what she has always done for so many of us. With this line, she’s putting us all in the boss chair."  

:bradley::diane: :heart:

I'm not very good with Social Mediaᵀᴹ

10 minutes ago, River Phoenix said:

it's not confirmed if she has a video for allure though... just a possibility... with our luck it's not happening lmao.. love to be proven wrong..

18 minutes ago, mikesoa said:

do any of you know when they upload the " *insert name here* Tries 9 Things She's Never Done Before"?

Looks like they gave it to Chelsea Handler instead, upped 1 day ago :shrug:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Luna Lovegood
Just now, RAMROD said:

well it's over

luna’s advocate

The feathered look is video game-y done right, it’s giving me Ultimecia meets Bayonetta (with the Umbran Watch-like chest piece and the red and golden accents).

These look like something Daphne Guinness would wear :sara:flipping gorgeous.

G U C C I
47 minutes ago, OMonster said:

She looks great and I love the shoot, but... 

'When I became Lady Gaga when I was younger, it was because I discovered makeup' 

Doesn't sit all that well with me, and I am sure other fans, too. 

I have been a big advocate for how Haus Labs is all about identity, self-creation and inner-confidence expressed outwards - *but* to say that Lady Gaga IS the result of makeup is, well, a disingenuous reach to say the least. 

'veLady Gaga, I would hope (and deep down, know), is the result of a love of artistry and expression. 

And I know makeup is a part of that, and I know this campaign is for a makeup brand... but, yeah - I don't like how she is reducing her identity to makeup right now.

:shrug:

It's a terrible quote. But that's the point I think. The whole interview is literally full of things we have heard before in some form or fashion or she has spun it and made them even more cliche. 

"     More tears come. I feel as though I am watching a very beautiful actor perform a one-woman show for a one-woman audience. And I guess I am. Suddenly someone appears from off-stage (the deck) and slides a box of tissues across the table to her. “Oh, thank you. You heard me crying? Why do I cry when I talk about makeup all the time?”

I don’t know the answer, but I do know that this is my second conversation with Lady Gaga, both about makeup, both tearful at times. Mostly on her part. But I did get watery in our first interview when she told the story that every beauty editor has heard many times: about being a little girl watching her mother put on makeup in the morning. But in Lady Gaga’s telling, it went beyond cliché: “She would look so, so beautiful, and so strong. She just had such a bravery about her, and it was so inspiring to me. I grew up with this understanding that you can be brave in many different ways, and one of those ways is makeup.” But the water didn’t come until: “I really hope that when I have maybe a little girl one day, or a little boy, and they see Mommy put her makeup on, that they have the same experience that I did.”

Creating art, and meaningful change, out of frustration or pain, bullying or rejection, has transformative power. If makeup was there to lift Lady Gaga up off the floor in her darkest moments, and to give her wings, there’s a joyful symmetry in that. Because that’s what she has always done for so many of us. With this line, she’s putting us all in the boss chair.     "

I've had this nagging suspicion for a while now that she is going into her biggest acting role yet. But not a role she has accepted, "Lady Gaga" herself. It's all a show and act. Her career as Lady Gaga is all one huge performance art piece and something makes me feel like this (Haus Labs, LG6, maybe something we don't even know about yet) is her encore performance. She has purposely used the infamous makeup wipe story line from ASIB press so many times that people know it by heart. Everything she has ever repeated to death is going to suddenly pop back up this era and come full circle in a way. Like she is going to kill off "Lady Gaga" and leave the makeup line behind as a weapon for others to liberate themselves the way she did. She is immortalizing herself as the superhero she created. 

Then for her next comeback: "Hello, my name is Stefani."

“Sarah [Tanno, Lady Gaga’s makeup artist] would pick me up off the floor, sit me in a chair, dry my tears, and say, ‘I’m going to put on your face now,’ ” she recalls. “If I cried while she was putting on my makeup, I would apologize, and she would say, ‘It’s okay. I’ve got you.’” Lady Gaga is crying at this point. And apologizing to me.

“Sarah would do my makeup, Freddie [Aspiras] would do my hair, and they would hold me and say, ‘Look at yourself. There’s Lady Gaga. You can do this. Now go do it.’ And I would go out there, and the second that spotlight hits me, bam, I’m in the zone,” she says. “But I can’t do that without them. That is the power of glam for me. Not everybody has a Sarah, but I’m very lucky that I do. And I want this line to be for the person at home who needs that pick-me-up. If they use it, or don’t use it, they can at least look at it and go, ‘That’s what helps Lady Gaga shine on her bad days. And I want to shine today.’”

LM are so rude about her team. She needs them so much and they are so good for her. :bradley:

Woolfsmck
1 hour ago, yASSsss said:

She is very Alurring

like a cat in a sil, I observe life, moving and still. My words give a clue,look inside to see whats true

Teal Ambition
19 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

ugh I was so hoping she would do this :noparty: It's so funny 

▌│█║▌║▌║ before I am Canadian, I am Chromatican ║▌║▌║█│▌

Archived