Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Let's All Just Remember...

OMonster

Featured Posts

SeasonOfTheWitch
10 minutes ago, Gracious Gaga said:

Tbh I just don’t think she’s had a creative flow or any inspiration to creative music for since 2013/14.  Not saying anything bad about her- I just don’t feel like she has art flowing out of her constantly how it use to in her younger days.  Which certainly is normal!!  I think she has grown up a lot and has a desire for a more simple kind of life that she can enjoy.  She made great art while she was young!  I wonder now though if making music feels more like a chore for her, and it’s more of a collaborative effort.

...:triggered: She’s literally a musician and has constantly talked about how if she wasn’t popular she would still be making music (in an interview as late as 2016). If making music was a chore for her why would she buy houses with recording studios, why would she practice playing the guitar and training her voice, why would she still be writing and collaborating with new artists instead of pulling out songs from 5-10 years ago and releasing those. Just because you don’t like her newer stripped back stuff doesn’t mean she lost creativity or inspiration. 

OMonster
Just now, tomsches said:

it was just a joke :fail::saladga:

Not attacking you personally at all, but I will never understand why people are so scared to read between the lines a bit without calling others 'crazy' ect. 

There's nothing wrong or silly or 'reaching' about analysing the subtext behind a public figure's public comment. 

When someone is tweeting to millions of eyes amidst pre-album hype, there's really no shame in trying to figure out what the context might be. 

It's not like drawing blood from a stone. This isn't a random tweet on the internet. This is a tweet by someone with a very particular context. 

Anyway, to stress again - this is not a dig at you personally, more just the wider culture on here of 'laughing' at people for trying to find depth in things.

subtext / fantasy

27 minutes ago, OMonster said:

Frankly, if Gaga released the album this week - she would be breaking the law. 

Can someone explain?:laughga: Or is it a joke that I don't get :awkney:

KevinWright

The success of Shallow and the whole A Star Is Born OST is delaying the #LG6 

Both Gaga and Interscope should be very careful about the next step 

and going independent is not the right choice...

OMonster
4 minutes ago, bxr said:

Just, to the original point … a slight obiter dictum / footnote to the rewind reminder:

( ~ 31:29 )

You know you have to understand that when everyone’s waiting for me to put music out, right — or a record out — y’know the label, or management… there’s no formula, ever, behind what we’ve done; and there’s no… process, like something that was created — like I’m not from a factory, right. So they’re essentially waiting, for a completely, crazy person to deliver something they’ve never heard — they don’t know anything about it … and I’m going to say: from nothing — from blank, it’s like a water glass - nothing; and then I — and they’re waiting for me, to just, give them all the music, give them the message, give them the visuals, and everything behind it. And it can be very terrifying for people; because now they have a tour to sell, and they have singles that they need to keep up with, and they have a quota for the end of the year … and y’know: I don’t know what to tell you.

I didn’t read a special book to teach me how to do this, and nobody put me into a weird machine and popped me out: “Gaga;” it’s really truly who I am. So, it’s kind of like you just have to fight everybody off, and say: “Listen. You’re just going to have to chill out. It’s just pop music, it’s not brain surgery.”

And y’know what I was saying in that was, I refuse to compromise, and allow my talents to be monetized to the point that I don’t want to even be here anymore. I won’t — I will stop. I will stop. I will quit. I will retire from the commercial market, if I have to do something other than be myself; because if I can’t be myself in this moment: then everything Ive said to my fans, since the beginning, has been a total lie. Because then what? I’ll be myself until I have to … make money? To sustain a luxurious lifestyle? Oh, and then I’ll change, right? No. I’ll be myself until they fxxking close the coffin — so that *you* can all be *yourselves*.

This is exactly what I was referring to - thanks for finding the interview! And what a brilliant interview it was... definitely one of my favourites. 

1 minute ago, ThatBinch said:

Yeah, her status has definitely shifted in the last few years. I don't see her being ordered around by Interscope anymore, at least not to the extent they used to. Three of her top five hits on Spotify are  ballads, yet she's working with electronic producers for LG6. You would think if Interscope had that much power, they'd ask her to do another ASIB OST. But clearly she's being given more freedom now.

Oh, I agree. 

She certainly has creative freedom. 

But strategic freedom I think is still - rightfully - limited. 

Interscope is a company, and they cannot have their entire schedule (that works around many other artists, too) dictated by one person. Gaga will certainly be directed as to when, and how, she releases - that's the business. 

subtext / fantasy

OMonster
2 minutes ago, mvstraw said:

Can someone explain?:laughga: Or is it a joke that I don't get :awkney:

It's not a joke, it's a comment on the likely terms of Gaga's contract. 

A contract is a legal agreement between two parties - and part of that agreement will certainly concern the distribution of Gaga's music. 

She is not free to release new music without the permission of Interscope. And that's because Interscope actually own the music... not Gaga. 

subtext / fantasy

Chromaticunt
3 minutes ago, OMonster said:

This is exactly what I was referring to - thanks for finding the interview! And what a brilliant interview it was... definitely one of my favourites. 

Oh, I agree. 

She certainly has creative freedom. 

But strategic freedom I think is still - rightfully - limited. 

Interscope is a company, and they cannot have their entire schedule (that works around many other artists, too) dictated by one person. Gaga will certainly be directed as to when, and how, she releases - that's the business. 

I agree totally. Interscope has to consider so many other things, like timing, competition, marketing possibilities, etc. The release date is surely their decision.

Archived