Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Let's All Just Remember...

OMonster

Featured Posts

OMonster

That Gaga is a commercial entity to Interscope. 

Of course, she is an incredibly talented artist and a beautiful person, too - but she is an artist that is tied to one of the biggest record labels in the world. She is not free, and she does not have the luxury of fully dictating how her career unfolds. 

This is something really worth remembering, particularly when there's so much negativity surrounding how 'she' is releasing - or not releasing - LG6. 

The truth is: as a result of ASIBs monumental success, Interscope will be very much 'in charge' of how, and when, Gaga releases her next body of work. This album will make the label a lot of money, and that's why they aren't letting her release it yet. 

And that's most likely why the album isn't out yet / and won't be out for a little while. It isn't Gaga's fault, and is fully out of her control. 

Frankly, if Gaga released the album this week - she would be breaking the law. 

And I think her tweet today is a commentary regarding that system and the wider control in the industry.

She has talked of it all before - how she hates 'the machine' and how, when an artist is successful, they are become nothing but a number.  And I would think that, reflecting on ASIB, Gaga is probably struggling with that friction again for the first time since BTW. 

Spoiler

It's also illogical to think that Gaga has the freedom to constantly keep delaying her own projects. 

She doesn't. 

LG6 will fit into a wider schedule that is *way* beyond Gaga's control. She wouldn't be able to constantly disrupt an entire label's plan. 

subtext / fantasy

Just now, SeasonOfTheWitch said:

Why she didn’t become independent or make her own label when her contract ended is beyond me. 

maybe she was too grateful to them(?

툭 까보면 어김없이 소리질러와

the TEA is, interscope knew LG6 wouldnt be released until the end of enigma and so did Gaga, i think all signs point to the fact that no one had any plans of changing or revamping the enigma show/setlist. that was a red flag we should have seen the minute the enigma dates were announced a year ago and there were no signs of new music on the set list. but we just thought, "nah they wouldnt possibly make us wait until 2020, they must be planning on revamping the set list in a few months :flop:" when in fact they were basically TELLING us we werent getting new music until 2020. A KII, A CACKLE

I would love if she got her own independent label, like Parkwood entertainment!:flutter: she has the money/power, I think she should look into it! There’s probably more complicated stuff behind the scenes with contracts, but still!

💋 𝕊𝕥𝕖𝕡 𝕐𝕒 ℂ𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕚𝕖𝕤 𝕌𝕡💋🍪

AlexanderMagno

Fans absolutely love to blame Interscope for everything, when Gaga has said multiple times how her record label supports whatever she decides to do.

That tweet sounds like one of those private jokes they love to tease. If Interscope was delaying her work, she would not joke about it.

Gracious Gaga

Tbh I just don’t think she’s had a creative flow or any inspiration to creative music for since 2013/14.  Not saying anything bad about her- I just don’t feel like she has art flowing out of her constantly how it use to in her younger days.  Which certainly is normal!!  I think she has grown up a lot and has a desire for a more simple kind of life that she can enjoy.  She made great art while she was young!  I wonder now though if making music feels more like a chore for her, and it’s more of a collaborative effort.

♥ Kindness Police.

OMonster
2 minutes ago, Sanne Godijn said:

I feel like gaga has a lot more freedom  than we think

I think Gaga has a lot of artistic freedom, and a lot of freedom in regards to touring and taking on new gigs (ASIB, Vegas). 

But I don't think Gaga - or indeed, any label artist at all - has the right or the agency to dictate when their album is going to be released. 

You have to think from the label's perspective. They couldn't economically allow an artist to change their mind, and they couldn't let one artist dictate their entire year-on-year strategy. 

Interscope will have an annual schedule, and it is up to them to fit Gaga into that schedule in a way that is most financially viable for them. 

It's just business. 

subtext / fantasy

SeasonOfTheWitch
5 minutes ago, AlexanderMagno said:

Fans absolutely love to blame Interscope for everything, when Gaga has said multiple times how her record label supports whatever she decides to do.

That tweet sounds like one of those private jokes they love to tease. If Interscope was delaying her work, she would not joke about it.

What is this then we

Just, to the original point … a slight obiter dictum / footnote to the rewind reminder:

( ~ 31:28 )

You know, you have to understand that when everyone’s waiting for me to put music out, right — or a record out — y’know the label, or management… there’s no formula, ever, behind what we’ve done; and there’s no… process, like something that was created — like I’m not from a factory, right. So they’re essentially waiting, for a completely, crazy person to deliver something they’ve never heard — they don’t know anything about it … and I’m going to say: from nothing — from blank, it’s like a water glass - nothing; and then I — and they’re waiting for me, to just, give them all the music, give them the message, give them the visuals, and everything behind it. And it can be very terrifying for people; because now they have a tour to sell, and they have singles that they need to keep up with, and they have a quota for the end of the year … and y’know: I don’t know what to tell you.

I didn’t read a special book to teach me how to do this, and nobody put me into a weird machine and popped me out: “Gaga;” it’s really truly who I am. So, it’s kind of like you just have to fight everybody off, and say: “Listen. You’re just going to have to chill out. It’s just pop music, it’s not brain surgery.”

And y’know what I was saying in that was, I refuse to compromise, and allow my talents to be monetized to the point that I don’t want to even be here anymore. I won’t — I will stop. I will stop. I will quit. I will retire from the commercial market, if I have to do something other than be myself; because if I can’t be myself in *this* moment: then everything I’ve said to my fans, since the beginning, would be a total lie. Because then what? I’ll be myself until I have to … make money? To sustain a luxurious lifestyle? Oh, and then I’ll change, right? No. I’ll be myself until they fxxking close the coffin — so that *you* can all be *yourselves*.

Chromaticunt
16 minutes ago, scarlxrd said:

I thought she was free at this point. She just comes off as one of the most powerful people in Hollywood. 

Yeah, her status has definitely shifted in the last few years. I don't see her being ordered around by Interscope anymore, at least not to the extent they used to. Three of her top five hits on Spotify are  ballads, yet she's working with electronic producers for LG6. You would think if Interscope had that much power, they'd ask her to do another ASIB OST. But clearly she's being given more freedom now.

Archived