Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Was Gaga's fame too much for Taylor Kinney?

GagaUnderYou

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, OMonster said:

Personally, I don't think it was the fame that impacted their relationship from the perspective of jealousy. 

I think, instead, it was the implication of what that continued fame and success meant for their relationship. 

For example, when Gaga was headed for ASIB, I imagine it was clear to Taylor that she had no intention of slowing down and no intention of even taking a career hiatus. 

The truth is, Gaga has constantly chosen her career and her fans over anything / anyone else in her life. 

And that's not a bad thing, of course. 

But she's never been able to slow down. She's never not been in the spotlight. 

And for Taylor, I think it probably all got too much. I imagine he thought that after AP / C2C, they'd finally be able to marry and have kids ect. But instead, she went on to do AHS, then Joanne, then ASIB... it's quite endless and relatively incompatible with 'settling down'. 

So yeah, I don't think it was that Taylor was jealous of Gaga's fame. More that the fame eventually became too much, as you rightfully suggest. 

This seems most plausible to me. What kept them going was this vision of settling and having a family together. Eventually it became clear that that was not going to happen for awhile because for Gaga her career has to come first. It’s everything to her. It was most telling that a date or announcement had never even been made and when asked about wedding plans she actively shied away from them. Not in talking about Taylor, but from the wedding itself. I think it was just that they fit so well that they wanted it to work, but Taylor didn’t want to wait for Gaga and Gaga didn’t want to be with someone who couldn’t “get” the way she was loving him with respect to her life.

Id also add that this makes sense since nowhere on Joanne did Gaga diss Taylor and she’s not one to shy away from calling lovers out for their s*** (Lüc). She loved him a lot and they both wanted the same thing, but couldn’t find a way to make it happen given the constraints of their lives. 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Franch Toast
48 minutes ago, Sky Juil said:

I think that Chicago Fire being filmed in Chicago made their relationship more fantasy than reality. They both had property in Malibu, then he decided to move to Chicago. Noooooo!

I suspect that he drinks to excess. We have been shown a video clip where he was so drunk he couldn't walk stairs by himself at a Scorsese dinner.  Then there is the line in million reasons, "if you could find a dry way, I'd forever be still." This refers to her wanting him to stop drinking alcohol, I assume. Or maybe it's turned  now given the drinking she's been into in Vegas. Ugh.

Wow, I  never understood that line in the song till now. I always wondered what a "dry way" was. Thanks!

She/Her/Hers

Diamond heart99

The “dry way” line is also about her dad. 

That song isn’t just about Taylor. 

I’m blonde, I’m skinny, I’m rich and I’m a little bit of a bitch

I think it was a combination of her getting acting gigs and praise for stuff she didn’t put too much effort in to get whilst he struggled as an actor to get on a (tanked) show and in a (meh) movie- then she started getting personal about him in her music on ARTPOP (I mean hello she fully has a song on ARTPOP about thinking of someone else and having a sex dream whilst with him about someone else- I assume Tara?) then also I think he wanted her to settle down and not do world tours etc but she still wanted to. At the beginning of 5F2 they were fighting ‘again’ as she said so I think it happened sinxe late 2015. And also she got fillers to change her appearance for a tv show which might have gone against his views of her idk.

Unless one of them fully talks about it, we can only speculate.

4 minutes ago, Ktaylor99 said:

The “dry way” line is also about her dad. 

That song isn’t just about Taylor. 

I feel like in the context of the song it’s her saying “if you can get sober I will settle down and take a hiatus” sort of her saying i’ll give up my ambitions when you give up your drink. Knowing full well it won’t happen

27 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

Id also add that this makes sense since nowhere on Joanne did Gaga diss Taylor.

I mean on the contrary, she does have an entire song that (despite what she says) is about their relationship being “fake” and “an illusion” all along. 

Diamond heart99
2 minutes ago, gagzus said:

I feel like in the context of the song it’s her saying “if you can get sober I will settle down and take a hiatus” sort of her saying i’ll give up my ambitions when you give up your drink. Knowing full well it won’t happen

Well she talked about wanting Joe to stop drinking on Howard Stern in the context of this song.

Regardless - it’s not like I think Taylor is any prize. Believe me. 

I’m blonde, I’m skinny, I’m rich and I’m a little bit of a bitch

8 minutes ago, gagzus said:

I mean on the contrary, she does have an entire song that (despite what she says) is about their relationship being “fake” and “an illusion” all along. 

But she didn’t write that song, at least not really. I think everyone feels a bit of hard hurt in a breakup which would be PI but how is that a slam to him? It’s just saying that the love was an illusion. But I think that that was a song of catharsis for her more than how she actually felt since other songs and things she said after the fact contradict that entirely. The way the song was styled as well is what leads me to say that. It’s hard, aggressive, and loud. It’s getting stuff off of your chest and your frustration, but it never comes off as a frustration with Taylor, just with the relationship itself falling apart.

I think that you see a song like Judas or Telephone or Bad Romance and it’s very evident that she’s pretty straightforward with her feelings. She’s not super coy or mysterious. PI, were it being a direct diss to Taylor, would be a bit harder to decipher. On the flip side, there’s song song like SP, MR, and DIC that are quite explicit about her feelings towards a relationship. And I know with MR she said it relates to her dad, but I think that that was something she saw in Taylor and was part of the appeal and also the heartache. It’s about both of them, though I think it was likely inspired by more of a parting with Taylor and she thought on it and recognized the parallel with her dad.

G U C C I
1 hour ago, Ally Campana said:

Send link pls

and she’s singing la vie en rose :bradley:

also I’ve always thought million reasons was kinda a perfect song about all the men in her life at the moment she wrote it. Taylor, her dad, and Jackson Maine.

most of the songs on the album can refer to either Taylor or Jackson actually. The album really does lead so well into ASIB.

Ive alway thought that Gaga was responsible for several things in ASIB that she will probably never receive credit for because they are so real in her life. Chief among them being Jackson carried away from the Grammys was her idea because there is a video of Taylor being drug out of their car and carried the same way while people and the paparazzi watch. Not to mention the one where he can’t walk up the stairs. 

Taylor doesn't seem to be dating anybody seriously since  they split so it doesn't seem like he's mad keen to get married and have kids. He's more into hanging with his biker gang when he is on hiatus. Gaga did say in an interview for Joanne (they had spoken about her split and how dating her could be complicated) that she  asks herself why she always chases wild men. And she always said he was the weird one. Maybe it was he who didn't want to marry. Proposing to her just seemed like the right thing to do but the more real it got the more he dragged his feet. 

I always thought she would have married him the next day because she seemed so besotted with him, but we really don't know the ins and outs. All I know is Carino was a total rebound from Taylor that went too far because she had so much other **** going on.

Thank god she didn't go ahead with either wedding. With her money she needs to be sure her husband is a real one. If Taylor did think he was going to get better than Gaga then I bet he wised up pretty fast 😏

Franch Toast
2 hours ago, LVbuttondown said:

Ive alway thought that Gaga was responsible for several things in ASIB that she will probably never receive credit for because they are so real in her life. Chief among them being Jackson carried away from the Grammys was her idea because there is a video of Taylor being drug out of their car and carried the same way while people and the paparazzi watch. Not to mention the one where he can’t walk up the stairs. 

I had no idea about Taylor's drinking problem. I've been a fan of LG's music and her performance art since The Fame, but I only started paying attention to her personal life during the ASIB era. Wow. 

She/Her/Hers

Woolfsmck
8 hours ago, youandi said:

I think they both wanted the same thing but just couldn't have it in the end. I genuinely think they were right for each other and under other circumstances, it would of worked. Gypsy is such a love letter.

Can't believe how many people think it was because he was jealous of her getting big acting jobs. 

I'm pretty sure Dan has a role in this... .

Gaga really is penalized by her own talent... many people who would normally be great for her are just intimidated..

like a cat in a sil, I observe life, moving and still. My words give a clue,look inside to see whats true

G U C C I
4 hours ago, Ktaylor99 said:

I don’t think it was anything about LG, her fame, or her career. 

It’s about Taylor being a loathsome piece of sh!t. 

❤️

You gonna elaborate on that? I’ve been waiting on you to spill some of the tea sis :tea: 

you are very strong in your statements about him. What do we not know besides his drinking issues? Are the rumors of him cheating on her multiple times true? 

Ariana Grindr
11 hours ago, Lord Temptation said:

On Heavy Metal Lover she sings,

”I could be your girl, girl, girl

Girl, girl, girl. But would you love me

If I ruled the world, world, world”

I think Gaga has always known that any future lover would make her choose between him and her fans...

Word :bradley:

1 hour ago, LVbuttondown said:

You gonna elaborate on that? I’ve been waiting on you to spill some of the tea sis :tea: 

you are very strong in your statements about him. What do we not know besides his drinking issues? Are the rumors of him cheating on her multiple times true? 

I didn't even know he had drinking issues… So do I :bradley:

Archived