hausofbrice

Featured Posts

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MonSwiftAnton
4 minutes ago, GrigioGirl1 said:

I heard it on youtube.

I prefer "Dope" production. But the vocals on this one is WAY superior. Like not even close.

I second this.

elijahfan
40 minutes ago, SKANK said:

It's cool if you prefer I Wanna Be With You, and you're probably kidding when you say releasing Dope was borderline unprofessional, but just to defend the decision for second...

Dope was produced by one of the, if not the, most celebrated music producer of our generation. Rick Rubin's style of production (loud, stripped, clean) is exactly what the song called for, and elevated a standard Gaga ballad into a more compelling, emotionally raw, electronic rock ballad. Releasing Dope at the height of the Dope fashion trend, when the word Dope was everywhere, was also pretty brilliant.

And if we are being honest, haven't we heard I Wanna Be With You from her already? How many love songs can she write to her audience? With Dope she pushed herself creatively and exposed a side to her battle with substance abuse that she previously hadn't.  

In my opinion, Dope is much more creatively ambitious than I Wanna Be With You, aka Your Song 2.0.

In a discography like Gaga’s, it’s true that another Speechless or another You and I wasn’t necessarily what was needed, but still.... Dope’s production is much more interesting, for sure, but it’s still a song that I keep skipping for various reasons. IWBWY sounds more like a classic, and would probably have felt a bit more at its place in the ARTPOP tracklist than Dope that was, let’s not forget about it, made in response to Lorde’s sound dominating the airwaves. IWBWY is classic Gaga, and a timeless ballad. But it’s good we can now enjoy both versions, I guess.

BornAsUnic0rn

I love this, much better than expected. Dope was always superior to me. 

I don‘t think we should ask the question „Dope or IWBWU?“, because tracklist wise the choice was never between these two.

Omg :bradley: It’s so beautiful, I got f-king goosebumps, I can see this as a dominating song at those times. I really really don’t get why this was thrown away.

2 hours ago, SKANK said:

It's cool if you prefer I Wanna Be With You, and you're probably kidding when you say releasing Dope was borderline unprofessional, but just to defend the decision for second...

Dope was produced by one of the, if not the, most celebrated music producer of our generation. Rick Rubin's style of production (loud, stripped, clean) is exactly what the song called for, and elevated a standard Gaga ballad into a more compelling, emotionally raw, electronic rock ballad. Releasing Dope at the height of the Dope fashion trend, when the word Dope was everywhere, was also pretty brilliant.

And if we are being honest, haven't we heard I Wanna Be With You from her already? How many love songs can she write to her audience? With Dope she pushed herself creatively and exposed a side to her battle with substance abuse that she previously hadn't.  

In my opinion, Dope is much more creatively ambitious than I Wanna Be With You, aka Your Song 2.0.

And was most honest to where she was when she released ARTPOP. That’s what I want to see from an artist, honesty. 

MonsterofFame

The lyrics in IWBWY are a little cheesy, but the ones in Dope are a little too honest and cringeworthy. 

Her vocals sound much better in this one. 

Wow, I can't believe this song didn't get put on an album.  Dope had a worthy message, but she refused to sing it at the concerts, so why did it get put on the album instead of this version.  

Me also, 😭 now after listening to both.

GagaUnderYou
48 minutes ago, Sky Juil said:

Wow, I can't believe this song didn't get put on an album.  Dope had a worthy message, but she refused to sing it at the concerts, so why did it get put on the album instead of this version.  

Me also, 😭 now after listening to both.

Was Dope not apart of the entire artRave? The Paris artRave she mixed the two songs together which was awesome and nostalgic to close off the era.

imnotyourbabe10

Aw, man...love both versions.  They have a special meaning either way.  Dig the darkness of Dope and love the uplifting end of IWBWU :diane:
Thank you for leaking it Gaga...or whoever... :bradley:
And thank you to the OP and GGD for sharing this thrilling news! :tony:

2 hours ago, GagaUnderYou said:

Was Dope not apart of the entire artRave? The Paris artRave she mixed the two songs together which was awesome and nostalgic to close off the era.

No. Someone threw a flannel shirt on the stage. She picked it up and said thank you as she walked off with it (or something like that). But she did not sing Dope. Someone said that she didn't want to spoil the uplift of the rave by including a downer song like Dope. 🤷

Archived